Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) Owners Thread

Did you diagnose properly?

1. There is a USB port on back side. Try with it. You must have cable for it.
2. Try another USB HDD
3. Try USB HDD with PC ( may be with winxp and not win 7) - or may be with another Linux system
4. Do you have wireless Antena? Yes, does it work properly?
5. Re-install 2.7.1

--

I hope you might have tried all of above. If yes, you may not get any help here. You have to talk to xTreamer guys.

Tried point 1-3. No use.

Pt 4 ..yes it works.

Point 5 In progress.

New Problem :) : Even HDD not showing up.

Connect the player to network and access the device webpage from your PC by typing the ip address of the player in a webbrowser. Then you can open link to torrent download. Some players have inbuilt torrent client like transmission. Search if that is available in your player.

Tried point 1-3. No use.

Pt 4 ..yes it works.

Point 5 In progress.

New Problem :) : Even HDD not showing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag007
Did you diagnose properly?

1. There is a USB port on back side. Try with it. You must have cable for it.
2. Try another USB HDD
3. Try USB HDD with PC ( may be with winxp and not win 7) - or may be with another Linux system
4. Do you have wireless Antena? Yes, does it work properly?
5. Re-install 2.7.1

--

I hope you might have tried all of above. If yes, you may not get any help here. You have to talk to xTreamer guys.

Tried point 1-3. No use.

Pt 4 ..yes it works.

Point 5 In progress.

New Problem : Even HDD not showing up. "

You mentioned - "No use " to even pt3 also. Doe sit mean that even the PC is not recognizing the HDD?

In case you are using a USB Hub in between, remove it and try onecting with a new cable

youtube is now officially unsupported :)
if ever the fw 3.0 comes, then it may work. Xtreamer is a piece of shit.

Now I am able to watch youTube video over xtreamer. It's there in application menu online video option. I have xtreamer 3, software version 3.0.12.

Heard a lot about mede8er media players
specs seem very good
Does anyone have one

Connect the player to network and access the device webpage from your PC by typing the ip address of the player in a webbrowser. Then you can open link to torrent download. Some players have inbuilt torrent client like transmission. Search if that is available in your player.
Hi!
I am new to media player stuff. I have couple of noob questions. I will really appreciated if any one can reply them. I own xtreamer sidewinder 3. My questions:
1. Can I connect the media player wirelessly by typing it's internal IP. If yes, do I need to start any service in the player.
2. I cannot play youtube video on my sidewinder3. I checked on the Xtreamer forum and it seems that there is a patch for it(http://forum.xtreamer.net/topic/31636-youtube-correction-4102012/page__pid__248262#entry248262). The talk about directories.... :p
where are they and how can I access them.

Any help in this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi!
I am new to media player stuff. I have couple of noob questions. I will really appreciated if any one can reply them. I own xtreamer sidewinder 3. My questions:
1. Can I connect the media player wirelessly by typing it's internal IP. If yes, do I need to start any service in the player.
2. I cannot play youtube video on my sidewinder3. I checked on the Xtreamer forum and it seems that there is a patch for it(http://forum.xtreamer.net/topic/31636-youtube-correction-4102012/page__pid__248262#entry248262). The talk about directories.... :p
where are they and how can I access them.

Any help in this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

search and Download "WinSCP" from net, its interface is very intuitive, run it and add ip address of ur sidewinder3 (it should look like 192.168.1.XXX) with login id as "admin" and password as "sysadmin" with port no 2022(replace 22). then it will open a new window with directory listing of your sidewinder3 and your local machine side by side, browse to required directory and do the needful.
Cheers

search and Download "WinSCP" from net, its interface is very intuitive, run it and add ip address of ur sidewinder3 (it should look like 192.168.1.XXX) with login id as "admin" and password as "sysadmin" with port no 2022(replace 22). then it will open a new window with directory listing of your sidewinder3 and your local machine side by side, browse to required directory and do the needful.
Cheers

Dear Sukjit,
Many thanks for your answer. I followed your instructions but still couldn't connect to the media player. I tried pinging the media player address as well but the ping requests were also timed out.
I think the issue can lie with my wireless network. Will this be a correct thread to post a query for it?

Thanks again for your help

Check if wifi is on in your player. Also enable samba share.
Hi,
Thanks for reply. Yes the wi-fi is on and I have used it access content from net.
I am sorry, I don't know how to enable samba share on my device. I checked the system service menu and the given options are:
"NAS, BT, DLNA DMR, AIRPLAY, Android, Transmission and Xtreamer Live"
:sad:
I feel sad that I cannot use this device at it's complete potential .

I have not tried this player. But my old himedia hd600b has an option to enable samba (SMB). Is dlna enabled in your player?

Both your pc and media player should have the same ip class. If the ip of your pc is 255.168.2.x then that of player should be 255.168.2.y

Try to manually set the ip address of both pc and player.

Hi,
Thanks for reply. Yes the wi-fi is on and I have used it access content from net.
I am sorry, I don't know how to enable samba share on my device. I checked the system service menu and the given options are:

keep the pc and xtreamer connected to the same network and then in windows pc go for MAP network drive and then let it search. it will show xtreamer listed. map it as a shared drive to the folder where IT shows the HDD.

also make sure that ftp , nas and other option are turned on in network settings. i will try to get the screenshot if possible . i have a xtreamer sidewinder and mapping it as a network drive usually works.

Hi,

I have got prodigy and its working as smooth as butter, not a single problem, I would suggest that you better go and search the xtreamer official forum there you would find solution to your problem in networking section of forum.
Cheers

Thank you Sukhjit, Baijuxaviour and theironhorse, for taking your time to reply my queries. The problem is solved now. I am putting the experience here for the benefit of others.
1. I was not able to access xtreamer GUI via my laptop
2. pinging to the device failed. I tried pinging other devices which failed as well thus concluding that the problem lies with the network.
3. I disabled firewall on my machine and other devices, still no luck.
4. I changed my wireless security from WPA2(simple) to WPA2(mixed) and everything worked like magic :)

My Xtreamer Pro was working fine for about an year but started giving me problems recently. I have installed 2TB Toshiba HDD in Slot A. Many times the Xtreamer does not show the contents of the disk. Sometimes while playing a movie the movie stops with an abrupt message "HDD plug out!". There is no problem while playing media through USB of small storage. However, the contents of a larger external USB drive (360 GB) are also not shown. I must add that these problems never existed before.

Can anyone help me out? Whats the problem and how can I rectify it?

Thanks

Back