Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) Owners Thread

There is a new update for XMP 1.0.3.1 fixing Internet videoes and other video feeds now you tube & other video feeds are working perfectly

There is a new update for XMP 1.0.3.1 fixing Internet videoes and other video feeds now you tube & other video feeds are working perfectly

Noking, will recommend to hold on and do not go for the 1.03 or 1.03.1 updates, as there are lot of issues coming up and feedback for the same is posted in xtreamer forum and other places online.

Better to stick with 1.02 for the time being, till we have more stable firmware out there with less of bugs ...

that's right but as i told you earlier i have already updated my XMP to 1.0.03 much better than 1.0.02 only problem is internet and they have tried to fix it in the new patch but still some bugs...at least something is happening.:cool:

ok - please welcome me to the club. I just pulled the trigger and paid up for xtreamer. I got a bit late so now I have to pay for shipping too.

My primary application is music - listen to files on local disk and some internet radio. There is nothing better than squeezebox. However, current squeezebox (available in India) can't play from a local disk and I do not wish to have another 24/7 device. WDTV also was a good alternative, but Computer Empire quoted 7200 for wdtv, and then add to it the cost of wifi antenna, efforts to install hacked firmware etc just to listen to some radio stations. Didn't have the patience to wait for squeezebox touch. Xtreamer has the ability to play hi def stuff when needed. Though I always play movies from rented DVD and have stopped buying, so no need to rip for backup, it may be handy some time in the future.

Apple TV restricts on hdd size, and it about twice more costly, and has half the features (I assume - on hi def audio/ video - though I don't really need them)

Though there are some serious lacks in xtreamer to be a good music player but I hope they get resolved with time

1. no iphone support as a remote to search/ select/ play music. This should get resolved soon I hope.
2. spdif audio is not bit perfect. What do I do with my DAC? I hope this gets resolved ASAP.
3. no integrated display - which means I need to have a display on to play music. This one I hope I may be able to buy a very small screen that has small power footprint, and doesn't look odd in my music setup. Maybe I will do a cabinet mod with small vfd/ lcd in future.
3. has a fan - but let us see how and when

regards

Hi Vj

You can buy the same from NV trading.Sumit is the contact person there.

Xtreamer India

For more details you can email them on - [email protected]

It will cost 10k + shipping

The service is good and fast, they ship through blue dart.

I got my box within 48 hours of shipment.

Thanks Dushie for the info,
so Dushie,tell me this,Is this better in terms of specs than the WDTV?,as i see this costs a bit more than the latter. I checked with the specs and i see both of em play almost the all the similar codecs.

Thanks

so Dushie,tell me this,Is this better in terms of specs than the WDTV?,as i see this costs a bit more than the latter. I checked with the specs and i see both of em play almost the all the similar codecs.

Thanks
It's much better than WdTv wifi/HD sound/You tube/and lots more pl search the treads for detail info

Thanks

Vj, it depends what you primarily want to use it for,
i was looking for a player with wireless and Ethernet support,which can play most of the hd stuff i throw it , i stream most of the stuff through wireless and till now i have not faced any issues , it works like a charm,

xtreamer serves that purpose well, it won't be fair to compare the same to wdtv, as xtreamer is in a different league,

soon a new version of wdtv will be out with Ethernet support , but it will cost more and will not have wireless capabilities.

So it all depends what you want to do with the player.

when ur spending 7k, spending 3k more gives u plenty of stuff to play around with ,

U will find lot of posts and threads comparing the wdtv with xtreamer , but i feel one should not compare the both as they are good in their respective ways , it all depends what are the main features you are looking out for

ok - the packet was delivered the next day (yesterdauy). Since I was traveling, I am yet to unpack it. Hope I will be able to do it in a couple of days. what! not tonight? - no :( as my daughter is unwell again.

regards

Thanks

VJ: See it this way

WD TV = HD TV player which plays movies and music of harddrives etc

XMP = WD TV + Networking capability (plays u tube, can access wireless etc)

The cost difference is for that. Media Capability wise they are similar

VJ: See it this way

WD TV = HD TV player which plays movies and music of hard drives etc

XMP = WD TV + Networking capability (plays u tube, can access wireless etc)

The cost difference is for that. Media Capability wise they are similar

well i agree with ram to a certain extent, xtreamer gives u network capability both wired and wireless ,also it has DTS Downmix, which is currently not present in wdtv.

for me its the ease and convenience, i dont even have a potable hdd connected to my xtreamer, as i am streaming everything from my pc most of the time.

My pc runs 24x7 , as i always downloading something or the other.

ok - so I unpacked it yesterday, checked the contents and repacked it. Everything seems to be in there, including the usb wifi. But I did not have much time last night, so just saw the contents.
Hopefully I will set it up tomorrow :)

regards

Hi
Does X streamer supports Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD ?( Through HDMI?)
Now are there any files which are 1080 P with DTS -HD output through HDMI?
( AKA Perfect BR Rips?) anyone expereinced with them?

Hi
Does X streamer supports Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD ?( Through HDMI?)
Now are there any files which are 1080 P with DTS -HD output through HDMI?
( AKA Perfect BR Rips?) anyone expereinced with them?

Yes, they are working on HD Audio support... One of the next firmware updates should address this

DTS works including downmix. HD Audio sound is not the same as regular DTS...
HD Audio is Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD. You need a receiver for these that can decode the HD Audio types. Most people agree, there's no difference to hear between HD AUdio and the regular audio types.

DTS-HD: DTS-HD Master Audio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dolby TrueHD: Dolby TrueHD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DTS-HD contains usually normal DTS and an extra stream that contains the "extra" for the DTS-HD part... Players should thus be able to produce sound even though not compatible with DTS-HD bny using the DTS stream only... Also with Dolby TrueHD, there should always be a regular "AC3" track included (normal DD).

One of the xtreamer user has tested HD files and here is the update from him -

File are home made BD rips with different audio formats:
- Alvin and the Chipmunks - DTS HD Master
- Body of Lies - Dolby True HD
- Hitman - DTS HD High Resolution
- Star Wars - Dolby D EX

When playing DTS HD Master and DTS HD High Resolution films, XTREAMER downgrades the sound to DTS.
When playing Dolby True HD films, XTREAMER shows an "Unknown Audio Format" message and no sound is heard.
When playing Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby D EX films, XTREAMER plays them correctly.

Xtreamer is also able to play WAV files with DTS encoding at 96kHz 24 Bits flawlessly.

Yesterday, I got Optical Cable (Croma Rs.890/-) to connect Xtreamer to my Onkyo HTIB. :)

Superb 5.1 Audio, better than what I got from co-axial cable, connected between my LG DVD and Onkyo HTIB. :yahoo:

Yes ajay the optical out works great, i am also using the same , i have connected my plasma through the hdmi cable from xtreamer and for audio i am taking through optical out.

i am eagerly waiting for an update on the etrayz update from Sumit, as i want to pre order the same and get the early bird special price offer that is there for initial customers.

Same combination is working great for me. HDMI cable to my 32" Samsung LCD and now audio through my Onkyo HTIB.

Now after getting this optical cable my setup is somewhat complete. I am too happy. Xtreamer is great product. :)

Thanks for all the infos Dushie,Ram.I am simultaneously looking at getting this as i am in the middle of a small kinda research in buying a good LCD. I suppose the XMP does not have the component out and only has a HDMI out. Am i right?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back