yamaha audition

tarzan

Dear all,
I am new to the forum and require a few suggestion from you guys over here.

1)I stay in mumbai. Can someone suggest some places in mumbai where I can have audition of different HTiB(s) from Yamaha .. I visited a few places which didnt have them on display or demo but say they can procure if i want a model.. so which places might have them on display ..???
2)some comments about YHT893 and YHT693 !!
3)Should I go for buying the Receiver and speakers separately given that by budget is aound 50,000.
4)What are these stereo receivers .. are ther better that the typical AV receivers

thanks in advance

Dear all,
I am new to the forum and require a few suggestion from you guys over here.

1)I stay in mumbai. Can someone suggest some places in mumbai where I can have audition of different HTiB(s) from Yamaha .. I visited a few places which didnt have them on display or demo but say they can procure if i want a model.. so which places might have them on display ..???

Vijay Sales normally has Yamaha HTiB's on display. You can ask them for a demo. Take your own CD's and DVD's so that you can judge better since you already know what they sound like.

3)Should I go for buying the Receiver and speakers separately given that by budget is aound 50,000.

If you have a DVDP( I am assuming you do since you are looking for a Yamaha HT which does not have a DVDP) you can buy the fronts and amplifier first and later on build the HT around it.

4)What are these stereo receivers .. are ther better that the typical AV receivers

Stereo Receivers are stereo amplifiers with built-in radio tuners. They will be better for Stereo Music than AVR's but will not produce 5.1 channel output for movies.

Happy Hunting !!

why are you specifically looking at yamaha. there are a few others out there too

You can demo @ V.sales as said.Even alliance4 keep Yamaha AVR.
You can try alpha for price differences.

Try eZone, Powai (on top of the Hakone supermarket) or Haji Ali (SOBO Central mall - customer service is pathetic but they do stock Yamahas and many other brands in dedicated listening rooms). Vijay Sales also stocks both stereo and home theater setups - Prabhadevi Branch is good as it is the flagship store. Also try the Yamaha dealer in Chembur - I forgot the name of the shop but the owner's name is Ashok, 9820501162 (very helpful guy).
Joshua

Chembur?where?Its big area.

Valid assertion:lol:

I think that area is called Amar Mahal or some such name. Best is to call the owner and ask him to guide. Now I recall the place, and a quick search of Google Maps showed up the info below:

Sahakar Electronics?
Shop Number 1 & 2, Gagan Tara, Pestom Sagar Road Number 2, Amar Mahal, Chembur, Pestom Sagar Colony, Ghatkopar East, Bombay, Maharashtra 400089, India? - 022 25242202?

Attached here is the screenshot of the shop (Gagan Tara).

Joshua

Last edited:
Thanks,I knew abt Sumaria which turned into LG showroom.
Thats close to it(shopper stop)
Is it a showroom?Demo?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back