Yamaha C4 + M4 (Pre-Power) reviews

prepress

Dear friends, I have a chance to buy Yamaha C4+M4 combo. Any review, suggestion or feedback? What would be the best price for this package? Thanks in advance

once i used yamaha mx1000/cx1000 power pre combo with my yamaha NS1000M Speakers,the music is not engaging,just boring flat.really not impressed.after getting the sansui au717 and sansui auD11,I completely stopped using the yamaha combo.never looked back

once i used yamaha mx1000/cx1000 power pre combo with my yamaha NS1000M Speakers,the music is not engaging,just boring flat.really not impressed.after getting the sansui au717 and sansui auD11,I completely stopped using the yamaha combo.never looked back

I also once listened to NS1000M speaker driven by a vintage Macintosh solid state power amp. Being a studio monitor, it was flat and boring to my ears too :)

On the other hand, the same amp driving a vintage Tannoy 12 incher in the same room was pure magic.

once i used yamaha mx1000/cx1000 power pre combo with my yamaha NS1000M Speakers,the music is not engaging,just boring flat.really not impressed

I also once listened to NS1000M speaker driven by a vintage Macintosh solid state power amp. Being a studio monitor, it was flat and boring to my ears too :)

It means in both cases... the victim were NS1000M speakers :eek:hyeah:

but now the same speakes(NS1000M) are paired with sansui amps and the music is magic,so pairing was importent. i tried yam amp(cx1000/mx1000) combination with wharfedales(9.6 floor standing speakers) and not impressed.just try to listen with your speakers before purchase

Yamaha made some very fine equipment. I know C2 is a very competent preamp and so is M2 amp. The C4 and M4 should be good as well. Like some one pointed out it is the chain that makes the difference. If I were you, I would go ahead and buy it if the price is good.

I agree and heard very good reviews for this C4+M4 combination. Seller is asking around 40-50K for the set (25K for pre and 25K for power). I am not sure if it's worth for this value.

Yamaha made some very fine equipment. I know C2 is a very competent preamp and so is M2 amp. The C4 and M4 should be good as well. Like some one pointed out it is the chain that makes the difference. If I were you, I would go ahead and buy it if the price is good.

I understand your concern, may be it is because of matching. Perfect matching system creates awesome sound staging.

but now the same speakes(NS1000M) are paired with sansui amps and the music is magic,so pairing was importent. i tried yam amp(cx1000/mx1000) combination with wharfedales(9.6 floor standing speakers) and not impressed.just try to listen with your speakers before purchase

my sincere advise"dont buy for this HIGH price"this is too much.the sound is clinical.i drove these yamaha cx1000/mx1000(these are step above m4/c4)wth b&w dm320,dali concept 6,jamo d457,wharfedale diamond 9.6,canton (highend) vento 809 and finally with ns 1000m, but never impressed.my trusted Sony GX 909es,STR DA777ES are better than that combo.after getting sansui au 717 i stopped purchasing amps.
please note this is my personnel openion,no offence to yamaha.

my sincere advise"dont buy for this HIGH price"this is too much.the sound is clinical.i drove these yamaha cx1000/mx1000(these are step above m4/c4)wth b&w dm320,dali concept 6,jamo d457,wharfedale diamond 9.6,canton (highend) vento 809 and finally with ns 1000m, but never impressed.my trusted Sony GX 909es,STR DA777ES are better than that combo.after getting sansui au 717 i stopped purchasing amps.
please note this is my personnel openion,no offence to yamaha.

I understand, I have mentioned that I can get these Sansui combo too, so what should be the best price for this?

Back