Yamaha CA 2010 - MOD

avinandan012

I recently got hold of a old gem, Yamaha CA 2010 in pristine condition. It is flawless in performance.

The output terminals are bare wire terminals. I am thinking of replace those with RCA female connectors.

How should I proceed to make it look like a professional job from the outside?

I have all the tools needed except tools for any cutting into the cabinet. Is this mod a good idea or should I build myself a patch panel with barewire to RCS female conectors.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Wow that is a Monster, I feel Envy :). They should Rock, BTW, What speakers u are paring with the Amp?

Coming back to your question,U Like to replacing the Speaker binding Post? or the RCA IN Connectors.

Could you share some pic of the Amp please.

Sure I will try to post some pics in this weekend. That thing is heavy to move 20 KG+.

For connectors I am thinking of building myself a patch panel cause not able find any ready made RCA panel. My question is will this approach cause any reduction is sound quality?

So for my original plan I have to have a steel or aluminium plate cut and drill 8 holes for the connectors. I can source the the plates but not able to find any shop which will drill holes precisely :sad:

i have done for yamaha b2 bindings posts from spring clips to 5 way binding posts, used the existing holes with plate to support .
you should post the images, to support

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back