Yamaha R-N803 OR NAD C 388

Request suggestions from folks and Yamaha stereo owners .
RS202 vs RN 303,RN 602,RN 803

Audio only : Except RN 602 the other's are 100W with different THDs .Anybody has demoed any two models together?

Request suggestions from folks and Yamaha stereo owners .
RS202 vs RN 303,RN 602,RN 803

Audio only : Except RN 602 the other's are 100W with different THDs .Anybody has demoed any two models together?
What speakers will be paired with the amp?

What are your requirements wrt 1 box?
Considering the quality of the speakers, I'd advise you look at something better to drive them with. Have you considered a bluesound power node?

Considering the quality of the speakers, I'd advise you look at something better to drive them with. Have you considered a bluesound power node?
Bluesound Powernode2i is on the list .Have asked Lakozy for the prices yday

I own the R-N803 for a couple of months now. Here are my observations:

1. I have the black finish one. Easy to see dust and not a classic amp look. Would have preferred the silver one but no stocks. This one itself took a while to procure from Pro FX Bangalore.
  2. Easy to set it up with the Musiccast app. Also has Ypao. If you are a music aficionado there is a pure direct mode that bypasses all processors and delivers raw without 'effects'.
  3. I have paired the amp with KEF Q700 speakers. The amp sounds neutral.
  4. Oodles of power and functionality at this price point. I can play from hard drives, phones, TV, Tidal etc and control from my phone through the app. IMHO this is true value for money without losing quality.
  5. It also plays pretty much all sorts of music files.
  6. I haven't connected a CD source so no idea how that sounds.
  7. Doesn't warm up too much.
  8. Has a loudness knob plus knobs for bass and treble. You may want to up the bass a bit in non-direct mode for warmer sounds especially older tracks. New songs all have unnatural bass IMHO.
  9. All in all very satisfied with this amp. But since I didn't look at the NAD or too many amps, I probably don't have a sense of what I missed out on either.

Hope this helps.

Bluesound Powernode2i possiblity has the same classD technology as Nad 388 .Infact 388 likely to have better power supply.Is your observation that still bluesound sounds better.
What's keeping me RN803 on hold is the box size
Thanks.

Hi guys im also looking at both amps to power my 2 b&w dm6 speakers. I can get the yamaha for around 700 euros and the nad for around 1000 euros. The power and seperate headphone amp definetly speaks for the nad evrything else the yamha. what do you think?

Bluesound Powernode2i possiblity has the same classD technology as Nad 388 .Infact 388 likely to have better power supply.Is your observation that still bluesound sounds better.
What's keeping me RN803 on hold is the box size
Thanks.
Update :RN 803 YPAO works well and definitely a useful practical tool given that it's not always possible to do room treatment.Set up is very easy.At low listening levels the bass and overall music is better defined.BT and Wifi is super convenient. Volume levels at 0.5 db increments is valuable.Remote is pedestrian ! Just ok usability with all remote buttons in grey ! The integrated amp in 803 is supposed to be a AS703..Having moved from several integrated amps this imo has been thoughtfully designed.Found many insightful reviews on web though not discussed much in India (maybe I couldn't find any)

I own the RN803 for a little over a month now. My previous amp was CA Azur 651a. I feel yamaha is slightly better than my previous amp, streaming tidal lossless and with airplay. The convenience of wireless music made me exclusively using the new amp. I have paired it with elac fs57.2, thinking of moving to a good bookshelf as I have a small listening room.

I own the RN803 for a little over a month now. My previous amp was CA Azur 651a. I feel yamaha is slightly better than my previous amp, streaming tidal lossless and with airplay. The convenience of wireless music made me exclusively using the new amp. I have paired it with elac fs57.2, thinking of moving to a good bookshelf as I have a small listening room.
hi , I am currently having CA 740 A. Upgraded by bookshelf to B&W 607. Was doodling with the idea of adding RN 803 considering the mammoth connectivity option (network streaming). In addition , would also hook up a CD player considering my huge collection.
Inputs/ suggestion considering my set-up is very much welcome.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back