Yamaha RXV 465

sunbaj

Hi Friends,

Well this is my first post and I did go through many of similiar type of posts but still posting this question of mine as none of the posts answered all my question:

I have recently bought a yamaha RXV 465 receiver from the US and it is of 525 Watt.. with 110 Volts

Now should I go for a step down unit with 1000 Watts or with 1500 Watts. ?

Also which company should I go for.
This is what I have got
MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac
Can you tell me name of some reputed companies of which i can buy the step down unit

Second I am planning to buy Bose Acoustimass 6 Series III speakers with the Yamaha RXV 465 unit.
Acoustimass 6 Series III Home Entertainment Speaker System - Home theatre Speakers - Bose Speakers

But when I go to the Bose store they say that it's production has been stopped and that you need to buy it online....
Can someone tell me why has the production been stopped and will ther be any issues with the service of the speakers if I face any problem in future

Also has any one used the speakers and tell be about it's feedback

Any respone will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
S

you mean volts for the step down yeah? you need to multiply the volts (110 in your case) with the amperes. it should be below 10. that will give you the voltage you require in your case. if the value comes close to 1000 then i suggest you go for 1500 because many of the ones available are not true. but if its about 500 then you can go for a 1000 volts one. which is 1kva

as for the bose am series, imo there are better speakers out there at the same price. listen to a few and then decide what you want to buy

Can someone tell me why has the production been stopped and will ther be any issues with the service of the speakers if I face any problem in future

Companies keep changing their models, and Bose must have done something similar with their AM 6. In terms of service you have to check with the Bose representative in India. Most products imported from elsewhere do no have any warranty or service in India.

Cheers

Last edited:
for Uninformed bose is last option
Search the forum and you will find pathora of options to replace bose

When you buy the step down transformer, buy an isolation type transformer. Not 'Auto'.

Can you tell me what is an isolation type of transformerand what is an Auto type as I am planning to buy one this weekend.
Also I am planning to buy a MX Step Down transformer. Also should I have a Voltage stabilizer feeding into MX Step Down transformer.
Also since the output of Step Down Transformer will always be 110 Volts why do I need a Voltage Stabilizer as mentioned in some of the posts that I had gone through

Thanks
S

Last edited:
Also since the output of Step Down Transformer will always be 110 Volts why do I need a Voltage Stabilizer as mentioned in some of the posts that I had gone through

The step down transformer works in the form of a ratio. If the input is x volts, the output will be x/2. Thus if you feed it 220 to 240 volts, it will be able to give you 110 volts. On the other hand if you feed it 260 volts or 180 volts, the output will be unpredictable. That is the reason the input to the step down has to be controlled.

Cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back