Yamaha yht-1840 buying suggestion

@Kirankj1724 Whats your long term opinion on yht1840? Do you miss Bluetooth or DTS HD master codec? I am also going through the same dilemma of chosing avr+speaker (slow upgrade) or HTIB and have set aside limited budget.

@Kirankj1724 Whats your long term opinion on yht1840? Do you miss Bluetooth or DTS HD master codec? I am also going through the same dilemma of chosing avr+speaker (slow upgrade) or HTIB and have set aside limited budget.
Its good that u have set aside limited budget.
Dont go for htib, especially yht 1840 because subwoofer is quite weak otherwise you will end up shelling out more money in later upgrades. Infact in htib, u will be paying for what u dont want or like such as poor sub.

So u have various options.
U can start building ur set up by getting avr + bookshelves+ sub.

Hi @SiddharthY
Over the past 2 years of ownership, On the audio side, I have made only one major change to my setup (fixed the weak link). I've purchased a used active subwoofer (Taga Harmony SW10 V2). The deal was irresistible, got the unit in excellent condition for 16k ;)
With the above change and some re-positioning of my setup, I'm a proud and a very happy user of what I've put my money into.

Talking about Bluetooth, I never really felt the need because my source is still the HDMI port of my trusty old laptop. I've also purchased a fire stick that's plugged directly into the receiver and satisfies my streaming needs for now.

The best route based on my experience is to get a AVR + Speaker package first and add in a sub at later point of time as per your budget. I would suggest you to pick the HTiB route only if you are on a tight budget.

You can PM if you have any further specific queries as well. I'll be happy to help. :)

Edit : Happy to know that users are still reading this 2 year old thread :)

Last edited:
Glad to see this video here.. it's made by me.

I have upgraded my system since the purchase. Added Klipsch R14 as front speakers & Dali Zensor Pico Vokal centre channel speaker. Also I have been using my car's subwoofer Rockford fosgate 12" with the system. Yamaha sub is doing it's service in my car.
Hello,
My friend has Rockford fosgate 12" & 4D furnisher 300 watt subwoofer amp. He wants to use this setup in home Theater. What's the steps or procedure to do it? Plz guide.

Hello,
My friend has Rockford fosgate 12" & 4D furnisher 300 watt subwoofer amp. He wants to use this setup in home Theater. What's the steps or procedure to do it? Plz guide.
If he has the yht 1840, Rockford fosgate sub can be directly connected to the passive subwoofer port, thats what I did when I had the product and it worked fine.

If he has the yht 1840, Rockford fosgate sub can be directly connected to the passive subwoofer port, thats what I did when I had the product and it worked fine.
Thanks for the response. Sorry, i didn't mention the AVR. He has bought Denon AVR x250BT. On backside, its written as Speaker impedance 6 - 16 ohms. While, rockford is 4 ohm subwoofer.

Thanks for the response. Sorry, i didn't mention the AVR. He has bought Denon AVR x250BT. On backside, its written as Speaker impedance 6 - 16 ohms. While, rockford is 4 ohm subwoofer.
This Denon doesn't support passive subwoofer

Ok. So, if he connects the 4D subwoofer amp to the AVR and Rockford speaker to the 4D AMP. Will it work?
I saw some videos on youtube regarding this you can search and watch them for better understanding.

Car sub woofer can be connected to Avr with car amplifier but no idea about the actual performance.

Hi @SiddharthY
Over the past 2 years of ownership, On the audio side, I have made only one major change to my setup (fixed the weak link). I've purchased a used active subwoofer (Taga Harmony SW10 V2). The deal was irresistible, got the unit in excellent condition for 16k ;)
With the above change and some re-positioning of my setup, I'm a proud and a very happy user of what I've put my money into.

Talking about Bluetooth, I never really felt the need because my source is still the HDMI port of my trusty old laptop. I've also purchased a fire stick that's plugged directly into the receiver and satisfies my streaming needs for now.

The best route based on my experience is to get a AVR + Speaker package first and add in a sub at later point of time as per your budget. I would suggest you to pick the HTiB route only if you are on a tight budget.

You can PM if you have any further specific queries as well. I'll be happy to help. :)

Edit : Happy to know that users are still reading this 2 year old thread :)
Bro I'm also new to HTs.
And I must say, it's the most complicated thing ever and I almost got a headache from it.
I was initially looking at used avrs and speakers (since my audiophile friends asked me to do that) but was shocked at the prices.
A good Avr plus Speaker and Sub combo (used) will cost me upwards of 35k in 2022.
So is it a good idea to get a new yht1840 at 31k?
Also, I looked at other options and frankly, anything other than this is upwards of 50k and out of stock. So seems like this is the only option I have for now at this price.
Budget is not a big issue but it is something we are new into and I'm not willing to spend almost double the money for something that is maybe 10% better.
I'm also looking at the Onkyo HTS3910 but it is out of stock all the time.
Any other systems at this price you guys would recommend?
Hope you guys see this and awaiting your reply.

Bro I'm also new to HTs.
And I must say, it's the most complicated thing ever and I almost got a headache from it.
I was initially looking at used avrs and speakers (since my audiophile friends asked me to do that) but was shocked at the prices.
A good Avr plus Speaker and Sub combo (used) will cost me upwards of 35k in 2022.
So is it a good idea to get a new yht1840 at 31k?
Also, I looked at other options and frankly, anything other than this is upwards of 50k and out of stock. So seems like this is the only option I have for now at this price.
Budget is not a big issue but it is something we are new into and I'm not willing to spend almost double the money for something that is maybe 10% better.
I'm also looking at the Onkyo HTS3910 but it is out of stock all the time.
Any other systems at this price you guys would recommend?
Hope you guys see this and awaiting your reply.

If you are starting now, I would still recommend the YHT-1840 from Yamaha. It's a great entry level HTiB.
None of the multimedia home theatre setup compares to a AVR + Speaker combo, No matter its from Sony, LG or XYZ, period.

And Yes, this is a expensive hobby! Trust me, once you take this path, there is no going back ;) You will have an itch to upgrade 6-8 months down the line and I feel it's not a bad thing at all.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back