Yamaha yht-1840 buying suggestion

Hi FMs :)

I have a QQ. I have a JBL - CS1215B car subwoofer. Can I procure an amp that could drive this subwoofer via the sub-out from the avr of YHT-1840? If yes could you direct me to such an amp?

My objective is to reduce the load on AVR by keeping the load of subwoofer separated. Please advice if this is not the right path to be taken.

TIA :D

Hi FMs :)

I have a QQ. I have a JBL - CS1215B car subwoofer. Can I procure an amp that could drive this subwoofer via the sub-out from the avr of YHT-1840? If yes could you direct me to such an amp?

Yes.. You will need a stereo power amplifier..You can use a AVR sub-out -> stereo power amplifier -> JBL - CS1215B

My objective is to reduce the load on AVR by keeping the load of subwoofer separated.

If you would use the AVR sub-out, that itself reduces the strain on AVR..

Yes.. You will need a stereo power amplifier..You can use a AVR sub-out -> stereo power amplifier -> JBL - CS1215B

If you would use the AVR sub-out, that itself reduces the strain on AVR..

Hi @elangoas
Thanks for the clarification. I'm not aware of wattage of the amp to be used that can drive the JBL sub well. Could you point me to some amp models which I could use for the proposed setup?

Hi @elangoas
Thanks for the clarification. I'm not aware of wattage of the amp to be used that can drive the JBL sub well. Could you point me to some amp models which I could use for the proposed setup?

If a brand new "stereo power amplifier" was aval for <=10K, i would have suggested you to consider the same and experiment this idea..

But i understand, you just completed your HTIB set-up..I would suggest you to consider getting a active sub instead and improve your overall HT experience..

You can always revisit this DIY when you have upgraded enough from the present HT system..

If a brand new "stereo power amplifier" was aval for <=10K, i would have suggested you to consider the same and experiment this idea..

But i understand, you just completed your HTIB set-up..I would suggest you to consider getting a active sub instead and improve your overall HT experience..

You can always revisit this DIY when you have upgraded enough from the present HT system..

I get the point you're trying to make. I'll take up the active subwoofer way for now.
Thanks @elangoas :)

@Kirankj1724 Congrats on your new system. I am also new to HTS, but only difference is, I dont have many options to get demo . Last week i went to reliance digital. So they gave me demo of Sony RT40 (i didnt like it at all), Yamaha 1840 which sounded decent (not too good) due to lack of bass.
and then They played samsung j5550k, and to my surprise it was best sounding of all with perfect bass punch.

Now that model came with blue-ray player, which i dont use, as I am PC user.
can you please comment ? what should i consider since you have searched a lot.
and also have you seen movies with sorround sound? How is the clarity of centre channel ?

@Kirankj1724 Congrats on your new system. I am also new to HTS, but only difference is, I dont have many options to get demo . Last week i went to reliance digital. So they gave me demo of Sony RT40 (i didnt like it at all), Yamaha 1840 which sounded decent (not too good) due to lack of bass.
and then They played samsung j5550k, and to my surprise it was best sounding of all with perfect bass punch.

and also have you seen movies with sorround sound? How is the clarity of centre channel ?

Hello @harman90 :)
How a setup sounds is a very subjective thing. It varies from a person to person. If you are happy with the sound on Samsung setup, you can go ahead.
I haven't experienced the Samsung model you are referring to, but according to me, I would any day rate a AVR + Speaker combo higher than the HT setup from the mainstream brands. Main reason is the the quality of sound and also the option of future upgrades. Now these upgrades are component specific (subwoofer for better bass, etc). The HT setup from mainstream usually don't have this option, so you have to live with the provided components.
Coming to my experience with YHT-1840, its great for a first timer in HT setup. Its decent for music and gets better when watching movies. Bass is low, but you always have the option to upgrade later.

I would suggest you to first decide what your priorities are. What your budget is, what features are you looking for, are you ready to invest for upgrades, etc. and create a new thread and ask our FMs here. :)

Dear harman90,
Please don't go with the HTB by Samsung/Sony/LG or you will regret later, If you want an HTB on low range Yamaha YHT-1840 should be your first choice. As for the bass, YHT-1840 have a SUB out in which you can add an active SUB later.
Also if you want you can upgrade your main speaker later. But if you buy any stock HTB you will not able to upgrade anything.

thank you @Krishroy2004 and @Kirankj1724 .
I actually got 2 setups in my mind.
SETUP1: YTH 1840 + yamaha basic sub will cost me around 42K
What if i Go with Tav506 for 20K and manage to get av receiver for appx 25K. Would it sound better than Setup 1?

I would suggest the option 2. A receiver and speaker package will sound much better than the Yamaha HTiB.
For AVR, either Pioneer VSX-330 or Yamaha HTR-3067 available for 25k budget. If you can slightly increase your budget you can look into Pioneer VSX-531 as well (has bluetooth and more amp power). For speakers you can consider the from the TAGA range according to your budget. You can opt for subwoofer gradually.
This would be the right path I suggest :)

Hi all FMs, am a new member. So far this thread is amazing for me. Am also on the way to purchase my new 5.1 HT setup. Yamaha yht 3067 Avr + Taga Harmony 606 + Yamaha Sub SW 100 - will it be good? Or Yamaha yht 3067 Avr + Yamaha ns 8390 floor standers + Yamaha ns p51 center and surrounds + Yamaha Sub SW 100 combo. Which one will be better?

Hi forum members,
I'm planning to buy a 5.1 home theatre setup. I'm looking within a budget of 30k.
I have done quite a bit of reading and realised that brands/systems like Phillips/LG/Sony are not the right one's to invest for the audio quality they offer.
For now, I'm thinking of the Yamaha YHT-1840.
Reason for considering this -
1. It fits well in my budget.
2. It comes with a passive subwoofer, so for now, if I'm not happy with the subwoofer performance, I can swap it with my 10 inch car sub that I have already. Also I always have the option of upgrading to active subwoofer in the future (not at least for an year).

So with the half technical knowledge that I gained in the past week, I'm still confused with certain things.
1. Is it worth the money being invested?
2. I read at multiple places which said the per channel wattage to be 35/70/100. I'm not sure which is the right information. The maximum upgrade to this system would be a active subwoofer and/or upgrade to better speaker packages like may be the Taga harmony series.
So considering the above, will the av receiver be able to support the upgrades?

TIA! :)
but be carefull to connect car sub to avr , car sub may be 4 ohm impedance which can be harmfull to ur avr

Congratulations. Make sure you have a decent power strip like belkin or similar before you plug it in. Most AVR's electronics are susceptible to power fluctuations so precaution is advised.
Connect speaker wires correctly (negative/ positive) correctly. Here is a video of unboxing so you should get a fair idea of what is included in it.

Glad to see this video here.. it's made by me.

I have upgraded my system since the purchase. Added Klipsch R14 as front speakers & Dali Zensor Pico Vokal centre channel speaker. Also I have been using my car's subwoofer Rockford fosgate 12" with the system. Yamaha sub is doing it's service in my car.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back