Yamaha yht-1840 buying suggestion

Thanks for the clarification @reachkalyan.kr :)

Thanks for your valuable inputs @rpmahale and @sunand777 :)

I would want to avoid the used AVR route.
How good will a combination of Pioneer VSX-330 + Taga harmony TAV-506 be? Will this be better than the YHT 1840 setup?
This option is going to increase my budget considerable and delay the purchase.

I want to build a decent HT setup. The definition of 'decent' is not yet aware to me and this will happen only if I'm able to experience the system for over a period of time. I have been reading from past couple of weeks before starting this thread, and after all the reading I have done, for a user like me who is building his first HT setup, I would like to start with the basic and plug-in/add the missing pieces in the future.
I consider YHT 1840 would be ideal me for now.
Why the YHT 1840? Well, its a HTiB, so I can basically start using it right out of the box. I would get a fair idea of what the HTiB is providing over a period of time (the quality of sound, the amount bass, etc). Since this would be a complete setup I wouldn't be impulsive on making upgrade decisions. I may or may not add/upgrade components based on my usage.
I'm still not sure if this is the right path to proceed on but I absolutely do not want to regret investing bigger money on things which I'm yet to discover.

I think Pioneer VSX-330 + Taga harmony TAV-506 be is considerably good than YHT 1840 with dedicated subwoofer out and usb port for playing music directly from avr, but i am not sure about the sound quality that you expected from these combo than yht 1840 since the pioneer model and taga speakers you choose are also a entry level ...

The combo you have selected will certainly sounds better than Yamaha HTiB at the same time will give you more features, inputs and flexibility to upgrade in future. Now ask for advice from Pioneer and taga user , go for audition and finalise the product. There is no harm in pre-owned components if you get it from reliable source with proper price and mint condition. Search Our classified section or olx ..... I have pre-owned dipole surround speakers and Polk subwoofer in mint condition with more than 50℅ less than current MRP and fully satisfied with purchase.

I think Pioneer VSX-330 + Taga harmony TAV-506 be is considerably good than YHT 1840 with dedicated subwoofer out and usb port for playing music directly from avr, but i am not sure about the sound quality that you expected from these combo than yht 1840 since the pioneer model and taga speakers you choose are also a entry level ...

The combo you have selected will certainly sounds better than Yamaha HTiB at the same time will give you more features, inputs and flexibility to upgrade in future. Now ask for advice from Pioneer and taga user , go for audition and finalise the product. There is no harm in pre-owned components if you get it from reliable source with proper price and mint condition. Search Our classified section or olx ..... I have pre-owned dipole surround speakers and Polk subwoofer in mint condition with more than 50℅ less than current MRP and fully satisfied with purchase.

Thanks @sunand777 @rpmahale for your inputs.
I'll try to audition the pioneer setup tomorrow.

I have another query. How reliable is hifimart? I can see the prices of av receivers and speakers are very competitive. Considering the earlier experience with Amazon purchase, do you guys suggest ordering from hifimart?

Thanks @sunand777 @rpmahale for your inputs.
I'll try to audition the pioneer setup tomorrow.

I have another query. How reliable is hifimart? I can see the prices of av receivers and speakers are very competitive. Considering the earlier experience with Amazon purchase, do you guys suggest ordering from hifimart?
Hey hifimart is very reliable.many members bought their gear from hifimart.even I bought my taga harmony platinum f120 speakers from them just one week back.i got them delivered in very well packed manner.in the next week I'm going to do another purchase from them.hifimart sells you with genuine bill and warranty.

Hey hifimart is very reliable.many members bought their gear from hifimart.even I bought my taga harmony platinum f120 speakers from them just one week back.i got them delivered in very well packed manner.in the next week I'm going to do another purchase from them.hifimart sells you with genuine bill and warranty.

Thanks a ton @sasank :)
I'll have the demo from the store physically and if it doesn't work out cheaper, I'll consider hifimart.

Yes. I suppose they are the only one with stocks of the Pioneer + Taga setup I'm looking out for.

@sasank do you suggest any other outlets/stores for the same in Bangalore?
i don't know any other options in bangalore.jamsticks owner Vikram is a nice guy.he has got demo of many taga options like tav606 se,616,azure and platinum series.have a demo and then decide.all the best.

Hifi Mart have compatible prices, geniun products and good service. Twice I visited but as looking product was not available so purchase from outside. Many FM have purchased from hi-fi mart , are happy and satisfied still second opinion on price and service matters.

I would want to avoid the used AVR route.
How good will a combination of Pioneer VSX-330 + Taga harmony TAV-506 be? Will this be better than the YHT 1840 setup?
This option is going to increase my budget considerable and delay the purchase.
I consider YHT 1840 would be ideal me for now.
Why the YHT 1840? Well, its a HTiB, so I can basically start using it right out of the box. I would get a fair idea of what the HTiB is providing over a period of time (the quality of sound, the amount bass, etc). Since this would be a complete setup I wouldn't be impulsive on making upgrade decisions. I may or may not add/upgrade components based on my usage.

If you are not in a position to increase your budget, best would be to stick to YHT 1840.. This will give you HT experience right out of the box.. You can always upgrade speakers & subwoofer at ease if you wish to.. Else you can live with YHT1840 HTIB speakers..

I'm still not sure if this is the right path to proceed on but I absolutely do not want to regret investing bigger money on things which I'm yet to discover.

I think you are in a dilemma if you need to spend more.. If you need to spend more, then you may not be able to complete a component 5.1 set-up in your budget..

If you are not in a position to increase your budget, best would be to stick to YHT 1840.. This will give you HT experience right out of the box.. You can always upgrade speakers & subwoofer at ease if you wish to.. Else you can live with YHT1840 HTIB speakers..

I think you are in a dilemma if you need to spend more.. If you need to spend more, then you may not be able to complete a component 5.1 set-up in your budget..

Thanks for you input @elangoas :)
This is exactly my dilemma at the present situation. I do not wish invest just for the sake of purchase. I too feel the YHT 1840 is ideal for me, but I want to experience the Taga setup once before finalizing.
Hopefully today will be the day! :)

Hi all FMs,
It was a very hectic day. Too much travel in Bangalore traffic!! o_O
Visited couple of outlets. Let me put it up all in a sequence.

1. Jamsticks : It's a house converted to a store, they have a dedicated demo room with decent audio treatment as well. The owner was very knowledgeable and spoke to the point. He was against Pioneer VSX 330 + Taga harmony 506. According to him the pioneer and Taga don't gel well. He suggested Yamaha HTR-3067 instead. Also, he suggested not to go for Taga 506 as they require dedicated subwoofer. Instead, I was given demo of the floor standers of Taga 606 SE. Clearly this setup was way out of my budget and hence I had to move on.

2. DNI home theatre solutions : A very professional studio for all audio/video needs. I got a comprehensive demo of YHT-1840 as well as the YHT-2910. I also got to notice difference between the active and a passive subwoofer of the 2 mentioned models. After the end the demo I was leaning towards the YHT-2910.

YHT-2910
Pros :

- Support for Dolby true HD, DTS-HD.
- USB slot for audio playback.
- Auto sound calibration.
- Slightly better subwoofer out of the box.
Cons :
- Build quality of satellites felt cheap.

YHT-1840
Pros :

- Build quality of satellites felt better than YHT-2910.
- 12k difference in price (savings for upgrades may be :p).
Cons :
- All pros mentioned for YHT-2910.

3. Modern world : I added this in the list just for checking out the Onkyo setup, and boy I was impressed! :D
I took demo of 2 models : HTS-3800 and HTS-5805.
The HTS-3800 is vfm product with bluetooth,USB. It also supports Dolby true-hd & DTS-HD. The only drawback being no dedicated subwoofer pre out! But I must mention here, even the passive subwoofer on the HTS-3800 was so punchy. This setup was offered at 35,000.
HTS-5805 is a 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos setup. It has a very punchy active subwoofer and the surrounds were of very good build quality. A dream setup for me as of now! Avoided due to the price being 72,000.

The HTS-3800 had impressed me lot. But since I didn't want to shut down window of future upgrades, I opted against it.
So finally with all considerations and a "not so flexible budget", went ahead and booked the YHT-1840 from reliance digital outlet. :cool:
It might seem that there was too much melodrama before the purchase, but I sincerely felt this is the right buy for its vfm value and at the same time I also have future upgrade options.

I thank all the FMs who spent their valuable time in providing inputs and suggestions.:D

The HTiB is to be delivered tomorrow. I'll add a few pics before saying goodbye to this thread! :)

Congrats ! It is good that you auditioned other models.
There is a dedicated Yamaha HTIB thread which will help you to get the initial settings.

M also considering yht 1840. But bros i checked avr on amazon global. There is a huge price difference. Also the avr they have is loaded with features like dolby true hd, bluetooth, usb, internet connectivity etc. Can anyone tell hows the idea of buying from amazon global.? Also

M also considering yht 1840. But bros i checked avr on amazon global. There is a huge price difference. Also the avr they have is loaded with features like dolby true hd, bluetooth, usb, internet connectivity etc. Can anyone tell hows the idea of buying from amazon global.? Also

If you are specifically looking for the YHT-1840, I would suggest buy from the reliance digital store. If not I would suggest Onkyo HTS-3800. Its got all the features mentioned by you. The only downside, its a passive subwoofer and no "sub pre-out" to add an active subwoofer later. It would be around 3-4k more than the YHT-1840.

Bros i want answer of one more question. Like yht 1840 doesnt support dd plus and we give it a source of bolby true hd or dd plus like airtel dth. Then what happens. Does amp decodes accordingly? I mean will the dolby surround be present there or not?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back