1 speaker : : 2 Amps

Great, venkat. Have you used any internal circuit or is it a mechanical one (since it doesnt seem to have any powerin). How did you manage the variation in impedance due to the switch/selector? If possible can you tell which is the selector used (i am also planning for a switch for 7.1setup and stereo (with and without sub)

venkat,im in.will be of great value for future ht upgrade.kudos:clapping:.hearing ur satisfaction regarding the outcome,am sure it must be very well made.also looks very good for a home brew product!!cheers

Last edited:
impressive!
If they are good, they will help me evaluate between multiple amps with just one flick of switch! Will I get one?
Venkat, where can I get a good SPL meter in India?

Great, venkat. Have you used any internal circuit or is it a mechanical one (since it doesnt seem to have any powerin). How did you manage the variation in impedance due to the switch/selector? If possible can you tell which is the selector used (i am also planning for a switch for 7.1setup and stereo (with and without sub)

This is a simple mechanical switch. Since I have used the best possible parts, there is no variation in impedance or any change in the voltage continuity. I have already mentioned this.

Cheers

This is a simple mechanical switch. Since I have used the best possible parts, there is no variation in impedance or any change in the voltage continuity. I have already mentioned this.

Cheers

let me knwo how to make the payment venkat sir.....shipping and other methods.

Where are the rest of the guys.... 6 needed IMHO:yahoo:

hello Venkat

can you pls explain the working of the switch for those who joined it late... a sort of final "pamplet".
aim of the item, how to connect, how many wires required..

I presume all are banana plug ends.

If they are good, they will help me evaluate between multiple amps with just one flick of switch! Will I get one? Venkat, where can I get a good SPL meter in India?

Hey Anm, I went to sleep early last night. I don't ignore anyone. Be cool.

Of course you can get one. Just send me a mail, and I will ship one to you. The reason I waiting for 6 people to be interested is that I need to laser etch the boxes, and the company which does it expects a minimum order size of six.

SPL meters will be available in any good electronics shops. I don't remember where the electronics market is in Delhi, but I remember seeing one a little beyond Chandni Chowk when you drive towards old Delhi. I am not sure, but Nehru Place MAY be a good option. If you are good friends with any audio dealer, he may be able to help you. Worse case, I am sure someone from Mumbai,. Bangalore, or Chennai can get one and courier it to you. Let me know if you cannot source in Delhi, and I can always do it for you.

My way of saying sorry for making you feel I am ignoring you. :)

Cheers

can you pls explain the working of the switch for those who joined it late... a sort of final "pamplet". aim of the item, how to connect, how many wires required.. I presume all are banana plug ends.

Hmmm. It has been a long time since I have written an user manual. Here goes.

The switch will help you connect two amplifiers to a single pair of speakers. Both amplifiers are expected to be in stereo mode only. If you are using an AVR, you can connect the Front L&R to the switch.

The basic objective of this switch is to to help HiFiVison member enjoy an AVR and a Stereo amp with the same pair of speakers.

At the back you have three sets of binding posts. These are marked 'Amp A', 'Amp B', and 'Speakers'. Each binding posts are also marked L& R as needed for the left and right channel.

You connect the output of a (say) Stereo Amp to 'Amp A' of the switch. You connect the Front L&R speaker output of an AVR to 'Amp B' of the switch. You then connect a single pair of speakers to the 'Speakers' binding posts of the switch. The speakers on your left are connected to the binding posts marked 'L', and the speakers to your right are connected to the binding posts marked 'R' on the switch.

You can use any speaker cable, either naked, using banana plugs, or spades. Use the black terminal for +ve wires, and red terminals for -ve wires. These are connected to the corresponding red and black terminals on your amps and speakers.

When you use the stereo amp, you turn the switch to the 'A' position and the amp will be connected to the speakers. When you use the AVR, you turn the switch to the 'B' position and the speakers will be connected to the AVR and act as Front L&R for you to watch movies or listen to music.

If you keep the switch in the middle position, neither the amp nor the AVR will be connected to the speakers. This is called a Null position.

The product will include detailed instructions with colour diagrams for connections.

Cheers

Hey venkat, this is very nice product! And very useful too! Well done!

I guess you can also connect 2 pairs of speakers to 1 Amp? And then switch A & B between 2 pairs of speakers? Right?

In this case one will need to connect the output from Amp/AVR to "speakers" terminal of the box and connect the 2 pairs of speakers to the respective "Amp" terminals of the box?

So this is actually a "two in one" product??!!

BTW any chance of incorporating IR remote control option?:D

Hi venkat,

Is the product still available, and if so can you inform me the current price?
Thanks,
sri

I am just getting five pieces made. There is a small change in design and I am now using a flip switch instead of a rotary switch. The price is the same.

Cheers

Hello everybody, I missed the thread, just got from venkat.

I was the one who got my norge knocked for connecting together.

Connecting banana plugs each time is not possible.

Thanks Venkat. I am in. I will take one.

A good name for this product - "Ek-Phool-Do-Maali" :eek:hyeah:

I actually will not mind printing that on the box IF users will understand the humour and not think it is some flowering manure !!!

Good one Gobble, as always.

Cheers

Last edited:
that's a lovely name!
Some other options
ek haath - do taali
ek bhool - do gaali.
ek jija - do saali
ek roti - do thaali

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back