2nd Chennai HFV Meet

I gently whispered the error of his ways in his ear and threatened not to give him any food if he does not agree. :):) That was the plan in any case. Fortunately he 'heard' things better at the end of the day.

Cheers

So the scientific conclusion is that - a good lunch does wonders for the human ears ability to perceive high frequencies... soon we will have restaurants advertising "audiophile" meals to enhance their listening pleasure and as an "upgrade" to their gear ... :)

Edit: I'm going to try placing a thali meal on the floor in front of the amp the next time I sit down to listen .. (er... should I isolate it on vibrapods ?):D

Cheers

Last edited:
Hats off to everyone who set this meeting: venkat, murali, jeevabobby, bala and others.
Repenting on missing this one because of a last minute glitch in plans. You guys rock!!!

Friends,
The 2nd hifivision.com meet at Chennai has been really good and since I missed the first meet I enjoyed this meet even though I came almost at the fag end of the meet at 4.30 PM.I thank Mr.Venkat from the bottom of my heart for arranging this meet in a place with a nice ambience.He has taken great pains in coordinating with other members of the forum in bringing the heavy audio visual equipments to the first floor of the club.Hats off to you Mr.Venkat.I thank the members who have volunteered to bring their AV equipments.Not only this.They have all contributed their time and efforts througout the whole day which was also a working day.I thank Bala,Srinisundar,Srikar, Sashi,Murali,Capt.Rajesh,Swami,Mark and others who made this meet a memorable one.Sorry if I have missed any names.

On a personal note I think that a self introduction by a member to the audience would have been nice.
Thanking you,
Sincerely,

pksnathan

I could do this once a month, no problem!

Of course, it is much too much work to organise such a thing so frequently. Repeated thanks to those who put in so much work on both the Chennai meets so far.

One of the items on the agenda for the last Chennai meet was to have some sort of a feedback meeting to get the thoughts of all our valuable local members. Due to paucity of time that did not take place.

Can people please take the time to chart out a roadmap of what they would like to be featured in the next meet? And how they would prefer for it to take place? Activities, roles etc. ? Much appreciated.

One of the items on the agenda for the last Chennai meet was to have some sort of a feedback meeting to get the thoughts of all our valuable local members. Due to paucity of time that did not take place.

Can people please take the time to chart out a roadmap of what they would like to be featured in the next meet? And how they would prefer for it to take place? Activities, roles etc. ? Much appreciated.

Friends,
On the whole the meet was an excellent one considering the AV equipments and the demos.In my opinion the meet can have a blend of demos and interaction.In this way rapport amongst members would be excellent.I prefer a meet regularly once in 4 weeks or 6 weeks as the case may be in consultation with other members. As a matter of fact the 2nd meet at Chennai was my first and I enjoyed it.
Thanking you,

pksnathan

Hi,

I am happy that the meet went on really well. I was in touch over phone with Srini sir that day and was hoping that I could make it at least by 4 p.m., but in vain. Looking forward to the next meet! Also, would like the next meet to cover stuffs related to video and AVRs.

Cheers!

Thanks you pksnathan sir. It did not strike me that you were not part of the 1st meet. A round of introductions is indeed called for when we meet next :).

Any more feedback gentlemen? Or plans/ideas?

I am sorry guys, but for the last few days Imageshack has really been getting on my nerves. It just flatly refuses to load multiple images. When I try to load images individually, every second image will abort and the browser will lose connection to Imageshack. I was forced to make 5 to 6 attempts with each image, before I could load these photos. And Swami's images are all 4 MB each !!

Anyhow, here are some images. I have roughly 20 more to load, and I shall do them over the next few days. Sigh!

I am showing the photos in the order in which they were taken.

dsc0143f.jpg

Srini, Bala (TheVortex) and Venkat discussing installation requirements watched by Mr. Suryanarayanan, Sub, Gruby, Jeeva, and Redd

dsc0145wa.jpg

Jeeva, Sub, TheVortex, Gruby, Venkat, and a guest.

dsc0146c.jpg

Jeeva, Anu, Redd, Gruby, Venkat, TheVortex, Sridhar, and Srikarkav's son.

dsc0147ev.jpg

TheVortex, Murali, and Venkat discussing a point.

dsc0148.jpg

Venkat and TheVortex installing the equipment watched by Jeeva, Sub, Sridhar, and Murali,

dsc0151s.jpg

The Audire speakers, TheVortex's HTPC, Arcam FMJ Amp, Stanton TT, and the Oppo 983 riding atop the DacMagic.

dsc0152qw.jpg

Jeeva, Sub, Gruby, Redd, Srikarkav's son, TheVortex, Sridhar, and Murali admiring the equipment and getting ready to listen.

dsc0153v.jpg

The Audire IO2s

dsc0154lu.jpg

Venkat and TheVortex testing the connections with help from Redd and Jeeva

dsc0157fh.jpg

Sridhar and Capt. Rajesh discussing a point watched by others.

dsc0158c.jpg

Thad and TheVortex discussing a point.

dsc0161b.jpg

Jeeva and Sridhar trying out the name tags.

dsc0162su.jpg

People having tea and getting ready to settle down to listen.

dsc0166o.jpg

TheVortex and Murali discussing what tracks to play.

dsc0167b.jpg

A listening session.

dsc0168i.jpg

Another listening session

dsc0171v.jpg

TheVortex and others discussing music to be played.

dsc0172rx.jpg

Start of the blind listening session. Capt. Rajesh and Gruby being gleeful they were not being blindfolded, while poor Venkat dutifully ties his blindfold. Why do the others have such a smile on their faces? :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Hai Venkat,

If you have gmail account , try downloading Picassa software and upload the photos in a jiffy.

Just my 2 cents.

N.Murali

I did realise that, albeit a little late. I have edited the post.

Cheers

Dear Mr. Venkat, Photos convey your efforts to organise such a get together with enthusiasm in a nice atmosphere! In the stills, you are Quite handsome!
Especially your hair style is unique! You are look like Varadaraajan(Former
TV news reader & TV artist)

Regards.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back