32" LCD Tv - Panasonic LX 800C , LG Scarlet LH70 , or Sony Bravia V400

anandbj76

Hi Guys,

I have gone through many threads available on this forum on 32" LCD Tvs. I have visited many stores here in Pune, and am still confused about which one I should go with. Please advise.

I have shortlisted following 3 -
1. Panasonic LX800 - Has 100Hz, HD Ready, Pictures etc look ok, The panel is made in Japan - Price is approx. 41k. Con - Sound quality is not so great. The contrast ratio is also less (compared to the other models I looked at - please see below).
2. LG Scarlet - I think model no. is LH70. This one is Full HD and 100Hz. Look and feel wise - this looks better than rest of the models. Price is about 42k. Con - Not sure @ the durability and service part.
3. Sony Bravia 32V400 - HD Ready only. Pros: Brand name, colors look good. Price - approx 42k.
Con: Model brands available which offer much more features at much cheaper price. No 100Hz.
The 100Hz sony model is way too expensive.

My requirement is - mostly watching Tata sky, with some DVDs occationally.
The Cricket matches, etc (shows that have fast moving objects) should be displayed nicely - I mean the shadow should not follow.
Almost no gaming requirement...

Price wise - I don't have any constraint upto 45k.

Please suggest which one I should go for.

Regards,
Anand

if you have 45k budget, why cant you consider a 42" plasma? in fact they are best for SD viewing especially tatasky. you can consider models like Panny PV8, LG PQ60, PQ70 . Samsung B430 etc.. all comes under 45k

Hi,

Just to add to my question - The room is not that big.

The viewing distance would be around 8 - 10 fts only.

I have also gone through the LCD Vs PLasma comparisons, and after many thoughts, am considering LCD only.

Thanks!

Hi,

Just to add to my question - The room is not that big.

The viewing distance would be around 8 - 10 fts only.

I have also gone through the LCD Vs PLasma comparisons, and after many thoughts, am considering LCD only.

Thanks!

Any specific reason for considering LCD over Plasma? Would be nice of you to share.

Reason for LCD over Plasma ? Well - here are some of them -

1. The room size is not that large. So a plasma of 42" may look too large for the room. Have not really thought of how 37" one would look like... :)

2. I have read that there is some 'permanent burns' i.e. scaring kind of effects for plasmas - if the same picture is displayed for a long while.
May sound weird - but my kid plays lots of games on tata sky and major portion of the picture there does not change every minute / second.

3. Power consumption of plasma is quite higher than that of LCD. This particularly makes a difference when power goes off and you are running the TV on an inverter.... Again - I don't have the power consumption numbers here, but LCDs would take about 150 - 170W. Plasmas - not sure...
:)

4. Lastly - I may be wrong in saying this as I am not an expert on these matters - I have heard that majority of the companies are focusing their efforts in developing new things in LCDs, and this might mean plasmas would some day be obsolete.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back