32" Samsung C530 vs C550 - which one?

manishk13

Hi

I am looking for a 32 inch LCD and Samsung has advertized an offer of 32k for C530 under exchange. However I read somewhere that C550 is better. Can someone who owns or has reserached C530 and C550 outline the ley differences between the two ? Which one is better?

Thanks
Manish

I bought the C530 last week from Vijay Sales for 36k. After i made the purchase i got a quote of 34k from the electronics store. I dont know much about C550, but C530 is just great. It is the best choice considering VFM.

Thanks. Streaming movies in the house is a very importnat criteria as my house is networked with a NAS and an internet point at in the installation point. I am attracted towards C550 as I BELIEVE it has DLNA so, no need to buy a wd player. Can someone who has a C550 32 inch certify if they have tried using the ethernet, also does it actually have an ethernet port ?

Thanks
Manish

Thanks. Streaming movies in the house is a very importnat criteria as my house is networked with a NAS and an internet point at in the installation point. I am attracted towards C550 as I BELIEVE it has DLNA so, no need to buy a wd player. Can someone who has a C550 32 inch certify if they have tried using the ethernet, also does it actually have an ethernet port ?

Thanks
Manish

Yesterday I went to a showroom and asked abt C530 and C550 The only difference is C550 has an extra ethernet port and WiFi Which is only used to connect to any PC in LAN and share/play movies thats it. It can not be used for internet.
The model 650 is able to connect to Internet but can be able to access/play from samsung webites only.

Thanks. Any other PC on the LAN can also be a network attached storage - right ? I am not looking to stream FROM the internet but simply from the movies stored on my NAS WITHIN THE HOUSE ON THE SAME LAN ON WHICH THIS C550 will be. Will it work ? The dealer I spoke to was clueless

Thanks
Manish

Thanks. Any other PC on the LAN can also be a network attached storage - right ? I am not looking to stream FROM the internet but simply from the movies stored on my NAS WITHIN THE HOUSE ON THE SAME LAN ON WHICH THIS C550 will be. Will it work ? The dealer I spoke to was clueless

Thanks
Manish

It works.. Movies from the PC can be streamed using DLNA softwares.. you need software like tversity etc.. One of my friend has been using this with B650..

LE32C530 vs LE32C550 - which one?

Hi!

I'm also considering buying a LE32C530 or a LE32C550.
But I still can't decide myself.
The LE32C550 would cost me about 40 more and I'm not sure yet if it's worth it.
The C550 got an HDMI port more, and an Ethernet port.
I'm not sure if it's worth +40 .
Maybe if in future SamyGO will be released could also be used to enable Internet.

What do you think?
Thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back