49 inch options.... Feedback needed.

No,audition a sun hd settop box,55 Hd channels,definitely do not look upscaled.
It has more than 10 Hd english movie channels alongside Hindi and telugu channels.
Pq is amazing for Rs.300 a month.

I've almost finalized the lg 547a model... Pls if any weaknesses of lg LEDs u guys know of... Pls let me know in terms of PQ, Reliability, motion etc..
Are lg tvs good fr gaming as well..any motion issues.
I am OK if the blacks aren't the deepest but they should be good enough to show black as black n not greyish when viewed in dark rooms. Any light bleed or clouding issues in lg LEDs?
Why i am asking these things is because in showrooms one cannot find out about the things due to obvious reasons.

The same tv is available in ebay for less than 50 k,after coupons applied.
Please have a look.
But think again about buying a technology which will become obsolete in a year.Also the size does matter,55 inches will be future proof for some time.If you buy 49 now,you may want to buy a 55 incher in 2 years.

@sanchits do you urgently require new Tv or you can wait a bit. See if you have access to high speed internet like 30mbps or more then buying a FHD Tv does not make sense. A lot of 4k content can be streamed. if you do not have access to high speed internet, 49 inch is still a bit small nowadays. Have you checked out the 60 inch infocus model it has 10bit panel from Sharp so PQ will be good but it's a FHD Tv.

@sanchits do you urgently require new Tv or you can wait a bit. See if you have access to high speed internet like 30mbps or more then buying a FHD Tv does not make sense. A lot of 4k content can be streamed. if you do not have access to high speed internet, 49 inch is still a bit small nowadays. Have you checked out the 60 inch infocus model it has 10bit panel from Sharp so PQ will be good but it's a FHD Tv.

I have a 20mbps connection but honestly I am not looking at 4k. Currently I am using Philips 4k as everybody knows by now and I haven't found any use of 4k.i have no 4k content or sources and honestly I don't think in the next 3 yrs or so I would need a 4k.
My budget is a strict 50-52k. Infact if under 50k like in the case of the lg tv, the better. I know 49 inch is not big nowadays but 55 inch in better brands goes out of budget.
Yes, I need a Tv urgently because this one will be returned within a weeks time and I will get the refund of 52k.
Yes, I checked out infocus but it's beyond by budget and after sales is unknown, I've seen the after sales of tcl and now staying away from such brands...even though tcl is a known u. International brand.
After almost 2 months I am still getting calls fron tcl for installation... Just imagine.
So it's either lg or panasonic for now.... And most probably it's gonna be lg... Since I don't see any negative reviews for its PQ or reliability. I also don't need a smart Tv since we have chromecast n now amazon fire tv for it and I already hv a ps4 for Netflix n amazon prime n YouTube.
So if anyone has suggestions in under 50k for a 49" led which has decent PQ n reliability n good after sales support.. Pls so reply n give feedback.

after sales for infocus will handled by Jeeves not 100% sure though. The 60 inch model was selling for 49,999rs last I checked that's why I mentioned it. The reason I Keep mentioning it because of the 10Bit panel from Sharp so PQ will be very good. I have 50 inch model and so far no complaints, absolutely no bleeding at all. At my pincode it is showing 49,999rs and also they have exchange offer.

I have just bought the LG 49UH770T for 83k. Agreed there is less 4K content available, but imo the up-scaling capacity on these 4K TV's is great, i am streaming so many shows from Netflix & Amazon & even the 1080p videos looks damn amazing, also with downloaded stuff, a 60 min clip with 1 GB size when thrown to my 4k TV, it gives amazing results, i am quite sure this is due to the inbuilt up-scaling engine. I say this because i have a FHD 47 inch LG LED in my living room & i have compared 1080p videos on both, the streaming & downloaded content & the PQ is miles apart on 4K. The LG LED from model 770T onwards have better contrast ratios & a better 4K engine. The pleasure of watching good 1080p content on a 4K TV is very very immersive & satisfying.

The only diff between LG 770T & 850T is that 850T is 3D, rest all remains the same.

My advice, whichever model you buy, extend your budget & buy it as along term investment.

I completely agree.
Are you having a sd set top hox or hd set top box?
It's just not the pq,even the sound is amazing in a 4k tv,you don't even have to watch,you just can enjoy a 4k tv even with eyes closed just for its sound,dolby or otherwise.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but in my current Philips 4k there is no difference in PQ, it means that only premium 4k brands r good or I don't know I might be missing something.
Regarding up scaling, I see its not really upsacaling my hd content. With my hd STB, it shows as 1080i and with ps4 it shows as 1080p, I don't know whether it's upscaling or not but with my Philips 4k.. No difference between this or fhd.
Regarding sound, I have an onkyo ht, so Ive never used the TVs audio... So it doesn't matter if it's good or bad.

Regarding infocus, that 49,999 is a hoax... On Amazon.. U try buying it.. It won't go through.. It' ll say something as Pincode not deliverable even though it says location is deliverable on the main product page. Amazon is running a hoax/scam on this product. This product is for 65 on Flipkart.
Honestly I cant extend my budget any more. Initially I had a budget of 30-40 max n then I extended to 50k.. Cannot go beyond that.
Yes, I can clearly see the love for 4k here but then Philips 4k, nothing seems extraordinary over fhd . All fhd content is as good or as bad as a fhd panel.

@rajesh are you happy with lg tvs performance n reliability and how is lg with its fhd tvs.. Since u hv one. I don't want u to compare it with 4k, since that's not my criteria... It overall how are the blacks n PQ of lg fhd.
Any light bleed issues in dark room watching dark scenes..?

Rajesh, I have been contemplating between LG 49UH850T/55UH850T vs 49UH770T/55Uh770T and was inclined towards 55UH770T but comparing tech specs from LG website, the difference between 770T and 850T is much more than just 3D. Its 2.2 for Sound and HDR Super with Dolby Vision and a few more aspects. (I will print them down and compare).

What are your views ? Thanks.
Can't comment on the sound quality on 850t , but extremely happy with the built in Harman Kordan speakers on 770t, 4k streaming content gives out loud & clear sound quality at 50%. Also 770t does have HDR 10 & Dolly Vision.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think the problem was with the set top box and not the 4k tv,should fiddle with the remote of the set top box

My sun hd box upscales the hd content to double that of 1080 p

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but in my current Philips 4k there is no difference in PQ, it means that only premium 4k brands r good or I don't know I might be missing something.
Regarding up scaling, I see its not really upsacaling my hd content. With my hd STB, it shows as 1080i and with ps4 it shows as 1080p, I don't know whether it's upscaling or not but with my Philips 4k.. No difference between this or fhd.
Regarding sound, I have an onkyo ht, so Ive never used the TVs audio... So it doesn't matter if it's good or bad.

Regarding infocus, that 49,999 is a hoax... On Amazon.. U try buying it.. It won't go through.. It' ll say something as Pincode not deliverable even though it says location is deliverable on the main product page. Amazon is running a hoax/scam on this product. This product is for 65 on Flipkart.
Honestly I cant extend my budget any more. Initially I had a budget of 30-40 max n then I extended to 50k.. Cannot go beyond that.
Yes, I can clearly see the love for 4k here but then Philips 4k, nothing seems extraordinary over fhd . All fhd content is as good or as bad as a fhd panel.

@rajesh are you happy with lg tvs performance n reliability and how is lg with its fhd tvs.. Since u hv one. I don't want u to compare it with 4k, since that's not my criteria... It overall how are the blacks n PQ of lg fhd.
Any light bleed issues in dark room watching dark scenes..?

Yes indeed its a hoax regarding the infocus Tv. Since you have 20mbps you wont be able to stream 4k content. I dont why people say there is no 4k content where as there tons of 4k content available readily. Philips 4k and Samsung/LG/Sony 4k are in different league altogether. I suggest you stick with your choice of LG Tv you selected that's the best right now.

Guys, anyone else would like to share feedback on lg led I've selected since their are offers going on n price reductions from lg till the 30th April dye to their 20 yr celebrations and since I had almost finalized the lg 49lh547a model, I feel best time to purchase it. So pls anyone who can give any feedback as to the reliability and most importantly Picture quality of lg and it's triple xd engine n ips panels... Anything would be highly appreciated.
I hope they are good gaming as well and sd and hd PQ. I don't expect 10/10 PQ... But decent to good PQ and with decent blacks and no light bleed pls. If I can get thus... I am happy.

Guys, anyone else would like to share feedback on lg led I've selected since their are offers going on n price reductions from lg till the 30th April dye to their 20 yr celebrations and since I had almost finalized the lg 49lh547a model, I feel best time to purchase it. So pls anyone who can give any feedback as to the reliability and most importantly Picture quality of lg and it's triple xd engine n ips panels... Anything would be highly appreciated.
I hope they are good gaming as well and sd and hd PQ. I don't expect 10/10 PQ... But decent to good PQ and with decent blacks and no light bleed pls. If I can get thus... I am happy.

Infocus 60 inch now also available for price of 53k at amazon. This isn't hoax like what they where doing with the 50k price tag. This is going through. Now this is again left me confused... 53k for a 60" sharp panel tv.
The issue is, unknown brand with unknown after sales n warranty support which too is only 1 yr and not 3 yrs like before.
So don't know should I really take the risk going in with this brand or go with the tried n tested LG 49".
Any suggestions?
Since I've already tried tcl after sales, which was non existent that too in a place like Delhi/NCR and this infocus could be as bad or even worse...

Last edited:
Infocus 60 inch now also available for price of 53k at amazon. This isn't hoax like what they where doing with the 50k price tag. This is going through. Now this is again left me confused... 53k for a 60" sharp panel tv.
The issue is, unknown brand with unknown after sales n warranty support which too is only 1 yr and not 3 yrs like before.
So don't know should I really take the risk going in with this brand or go with the tried n tested LG 49".
Any suggestions?
Since I've already tried tcl after sales, which was non existent that too in a place like Delhi/NCR and this infocus could be as bad or even worse...

IT's still not going through for Pune delivery :(

I will wait for a week or two and just go for this one:

Panasonic 58inches at 63~67K INR

Last edited:
OK...when I had finalized on the lg 49lh547a tv, I check Flipkart and price of shinobi pro 49 w/ hexa chroma drive engine one is being offered for Rs. 50500 after paying via card. Now I am again n stuck in the same dilemma... Shinobi pro or lg.
For Shinobi :-
I presume better picture quality due to hexa chroma drive.
For LG
Better after sales
Better reliability
2 yrs warranty (2nd yr panel)
Lower price
Non smart - I have bought amazon fire stick, do not need smart tv... Complete waste for me.

I have heard many horror stories n feedback in terms of after sales n panel going bad on this forum n elsewhere and I feel lg is far reliable in this case. What say?
Will Panasonic be that much better then lg and though in retail stores even Panasonic is offering 1+1 yr warranty, I need to ask panny if online purchases will also carry the same warranty.
Retail store price for the same tv is 60k+ after bargaining. So no chance of buying it from retail store.
LG tv.. Retails store pricing much better then online.
So now I am again left with a dilemma, I don't know why after hearing do many horror stories I feel Panasonic is a risky proposition over lg.
Though both have ips panels but is the hexa chroma that much better then LGs triple xd engine?
I'm ready to give up 20% lesser PQ compared to panny for a more reliable n robust tv. Since lg also advertises this model is made in India and for India with all around protection from surges, heat, humidity and dust.
Confused all over again...

For Shinobi :-
I presume better picture quality due to hexa chroma drive.
For LG
Better after sales
Better reliability
2 yrs warranty (2nd yr panel)
Lower price
Non smart - I have bought amazon fire stick, do not need smart tv... Complete waste for me.

I have heard many horror stories n feedback in terms of after sales n panel going bad on this forum n elsewhere and I feel lg is far reliable in this case. What say?
Will Panasonic be that much better then lg and though in retail stores even Panasonic is offering 1+1 yr warranty, I need to ask panny if online purchases will also carry the same warranty.
Retail store price for the same tv is 60k+ after bargaining. So no chance of buying it from retail store.
LG tv.. Retails store pricing much better then online.
So now I am again left with a dilemma, I don't know why after hearing do many horror stories I feel Panasonic is a risky proposition over lg.
Though both have ips panels but is the hexa chroma that much better then LGs triple xd engine?
I'm ready to give up 20% lesser PQ compared to panny for a more reliable n robust tv. Since lg also advertises this model is made in India and for India with all around protection from surges, heat, humidity and dust.
Confused all over again...

Is that 400Hz for real!!? or just a gimmick?

This looks like an impressive offer!
Although, I still don't get it. Is this panel comparable to the biggies?
It is costing 50K INR for 49inch screen.

(Vu has a 4K TV at 50K INR which is 50" and is a 2017 product!, their website has similar fancy details about the "Pixelight HDR" TVs)

Similar dilemma.

Ace.

Last edited:
Is that 400Hz for real!!? or just a gimmick?

This looks like an impressive offer!
Although, I still don't get it. Is this panel comparable to the biggies?
It is costing 50K INR for 49inch screen.

(Vu has a 4K TV at 50K INR which is 50" and is a 2017 product!, their website has similar fancy details about the "Pixelight HDR" TVs)

Similar dilemma.

Ace.

Well, in term of PQ this panssonic model is the best in that price range due to its famed hexa chroma drive... U read any review n feedback n feedbacks on Flipkart.. Everybody is ga ga over it's PQ.
But since,, Panasonic is not giving 1+1 yr warranty and also extended warranty rates r way too high n after sales is questionable n reliability Also with these new age LEDs is so so I have decided to go for LG 49lh547a due to the offers going on.
With lg I am still saving 4-5k over Panasonic coupled with 2 yrs warranty and a freebie a set of decent 2.1 speakers which I'll sell on olx n recover some more cash :eek:hyeah:
So it's a good deal and for my smart requirements I've got amazon fire stick which is simply superb n better n versatile then any inbuilt smart system I've used till now.
Now taking all the above points into consideration...i feel lg makes more sense for me atleast.
One last thing left is to do a thorough demo if it's PQ before buying.

Also I feel lg is far more reliable and after sales is sorted compared to Panasonic. Atleast I've heard much less horror stories about lg LEDs compared to Panasonic. Even in this forum very high failure rates.

I have a feeling being a non smart basic Tv and being India specific n is more resistant to our climate n irratic electricity as per lg will last longer then the smart tvs.
Cause I've seen since then days if smart tvs, the TVs have become far less reliable with higher failure rates compared to non smart tvs before this.
In my 8-9 yrs of owning non smart tvs... I've ever faced any panel failure.
Though I've checked out the TV in person, but hopefully now will do a through pq check n hope I am not disappointed n my expectations are decent to good PQ if not excellent.

Well, in term of PQ this panssonic model is the best in that price range due to its famed hexa chroma drive... U read any review n feedback n feedbacks on Flipkart.. Everybody is ga ga over it's PQ.
But since,, Panasonic is not giving 1+1 yr warranty and also extended warranty rates r way too high n after sales is questionable n reliability Also with these new age LEDs is so so I have decided to go for LG 49lh547a due to the offers going on.
With lg I am still saving 4-5k over Panasonic coupled with 2 yrs warranty and a freebie a set of decent 2.1 speakers which I'll sell on olx n recover some more cash :eek:hyeah:
So it's a good deal and for my smart requirements I've got amazon fire stick which is simply superb n better n versatile then any inbuilt smart system I've used till now.
Now taking all the above points into consideration...i feel lg makes more sense for me atleast.
One last thing left is to do a thorough demo if it's PQ before buying.

Also I feel lg is far more reliable and after sales is sorted compared to Panasonic. Atleast I've heard much less horror stories about lg LEDs compared to Panasonic. Even in this forum very high failure rates.

I have a feeling being a non smart basic Tv and being India specific n is more resistant to our climate n irratic electricity as per lg will last longer then the smart tvs.
Cause I've seen since then days if smart tvs, the TVs have become far less reliable with higher failure rates compared to non smart tvs before this.
In my 8-9 yrs of owning non smart tvs... I've ever faced any panel failure.
Though I've checked out the TV in person, but hopefully now will do a through pq check n hope I am not disappointed n my expectations are decent to good PQ if not excellent.

Wow. Yes, I agree with your line of thought.

Just to trouble you a bit more, ( or perhaps save you some money ) --

Check if you have friend(s) working in Samsung.
They have 22-29% off on market price for TVs!! :D

So you could get 55KU6000 (55inch 4K TV at about 67-70K INR.)
Pretty good reviews all over.

Else, your LG looks good.

I might just hit buy on any of the TVs discussed :p

Thanks,

Ace.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back