49 inch options.... Feedback needed.

Finalized the LG 49lh547a for 49500-2475 as 5% cashback and lg 2.1 bluetooth speakers and flexi wall mount and 1+1(panel only) warranty.
Got the best quote from Vijay sales, though visited almost 5-6 outlets yesterday to chek out the deals n if I could get something better in my budget, but it seems this was it.
I will also be getting the refund chq of my Philips 4k in a day or two, just confirmed by the Philips guy and that's that.
FYI @driverace, do check out the deals at these multi brand outlets first before purchasing online, some great deals n stock clearance deals on Panasonic large screens.
Checked out panny 58" for around 75k and also stock clearance on an older Panasonic 55" 4k model with a price of arnd 1.5 for 75k.
So before buying online, check out the outlets first... Multi brand ones... U might just get lucky.
I was tempted to go for the panny 55" 4k, it also had a soundbar like inbuilt speaker at the bottom which also said Dolby. Looked pretty good.
BTW the lg model looks really premium though it's a basic non smart tv, it's got a stainless steel finished bezels which is actual metal n not plastic.
Looks really nice n premium and true PQ I'll only get to know once it's hooked up in my room n I'm done with setting it up.

Finally bought the TV for the said price as mentioned in my previous post for 49.5k. The going price everywhere is 52k... After bargaining got Vijay sales down to 49.5k. Even lg brand shop quoted 53k... Not a penny less. Everybody did say, without speakers we can knock off another 1k, where in the spkrs themselves r for 5k mrp.
Now I can sell em on quickr /pls n get another 2k n then tv price will come down to 45k for a lg 49.. Which I feel is good value... No.

Congratulations
Check if it was a demo piece by visiting the showroom again and checking if the demo tv is still hanging there.

Good choice but if I was you,I would have spent another 32 k,foregoing the next mobile phone upgrade and instead spent that money to buy lg49 uh 770t
Not just an additional 4k,there are so many extras
Smart(a cast video will not give the pq generated in a 4k panel)
Harmon kardon audio
Hdr
Dolby vision
Etc,etc
But it's your money and you spend on your choices.

Good choice but if I was you,I would have spent another 32 k,foregoing the next mobile phone upgrade and instead spent that money to buy lg49 uh 770t
Not just an additional 4k,there are so many extras
Smart(a cast video will not give the pq generated in a 4k panel)
Harmon kardon audio
Hdr
Dolby vision
Etc,etc
But it's your money and you spend on your choices.

Honestly speaking, u hv to draw a line somewhere, I had instally a budget of 35-40k max for the upgrade since this tv purchase was not planned.
Like this... Whats another 10k or 20k or 30k...there is no end to it. I always keep a budget in mind.
I would rather 3-4 yrs down the line go for an oled straightaway.
But, smart tv is something I've tried all n I don't like it and find it as great or intuitive ar it touted to be. Amazon fire stick hooked up to my onkyo avr is soo much better and versatile then any smart tv I've come across.
I am perfectly OK living without 4k for another 3 yrs. I am replacing my Philips android smart 4k for this non smart fhd, n I am more then happy and getting rid of it due to the Bleeding issue and not so useful 4k purely in my case.
When the need arises, what's stopping me from upgrading to an oled in the next yr or coming few yrs. This tv can go in the other room.. Which is 7 yr ols Sony lcd.
Honestly, looking at the falling prices of oleds, I would rather go fr an 4k oled in the next 3 yrs rather then going fr a 4k led bow.
This in purely my opinion, I guess to each his own.

Congratulations
Check if it was a demo piece by visiting the showroom again and checking if the demo tv is still hanging there.

Thanks, well I am pretty darn careful about these things... N will make sure it isn't one.
Anyways , there demo peice had a small issue which I pointed out.. And they said it happened during shuffling of tvs locations.
So they now know, that I know of this fault in the demo peice and they won't eveb dare to send me the same.

Honestly, it's way too easy to distinguish a demo peice with a brand new sealed peice.

There is always something better out there for little more price but We have to stick to our budget and requirements. Remember the key to getting the most out your Tv is proper calibration. Sometimes it can take hours and hours of work but it's totally worth it. If you are not up to the task then seek some professional. People think this is waste of money but when you see the difference you will understand just how important this is.

There is always something better out there for little more price but We have to stick to our budget and requirements. Remember the key to getting the most out your Tv is proper calibration. Sometimes it can take hours and hours of work but it's totally worth it. If you are not up to the task then seek some professional. People think this is waste of money but when you see the difference you will understand just how important this is.

Thanks and yes, I always end up spending days to calibrate my TV and Ive never ever used the standard presets. Infact my friends are always impressed by the way I set up my TVs PQ.
Regarding seeking a pro for calibration, this I don't know if I know anyone. If u have an idea of a company does this... Pls let me know.
For audio I know people.. Since I've been an audiophile for years now and specially high end car audio n I know where to go for that. But for setting up tv PQ... I have no idea.
Fingers crossed that this tv turns out to be satisfactory and upto my expectations n lg ips panels n it's triple xd engine is good enough.
My main concern is light bleeding/clouding... I hope there isn't any n finally I can enjoy watching movies with lights off.

The TV has been installed... Glad to report, no visible light bleeding to report of. Just a hint.. Slightest under the top bezel.. Left side, but very slight n not really visible.
So finally... I am over light bleeding woes.
Though after tweaking a bit, I am satisfied with PQ.. It's very natural n black levels are pretty good, no issues their. One thing which is their, the panel is not that bright and the Backlight has to be kept on full, 100. So this is infact true when people said that LG ips panels are not the brightest around.
Though colors are very natural but I would've liked a bit more brightness.

Look into your settob box
1080 resolution in your box is half of what I get in my sun hd box and hence you were not able to see the difference in upscaling in your earlier 4k tv

Look into your settob box
1080 resolution in your box is half of what I get in my sun hd box and hence you were not able to see the difference in upscaling in your earlier 4k tv

U would have a 4k set top box... That's why u where getting 4k resolution. As u said mine is airtel stb which is just 1080i.
Anwyays.. It doenst matter now... Since the TV being returned today and I'll be getting the refund.
As u csn see from my post above, got the lg installed today.

The TV has been installed... Glad to report, no visible light bleeding to report of. Just a hint.. Slightest under the top bezel.. Left side, but very slight n not really visible.
So finally... I am over light bleeding woes.
Though after tweaking a bit, I am satisfied with PQ.. It's very natural n black levels are pretty good, no issues their. One thing which is their, the panel is not that bright and the Backlight has to be kept on full, 100. So this is infact true when people said that LG ips panels are not the brightest around.
Though colors are very natural but I would've liked a bit more brightness.

Well I differ on this LG's IPS do a very good job in terms black level. Maybe it's your room lightning. Lg's are known for their natural looking colors. Blacklight should be lower than 40. Even 40 is quite high. Regarding the slight bleed at top bezel just gently push the screen while holding other hand behind the Tv very gently.

Well I differ on this LG's IPS do a very good job in terms black level. Maybe it's your room lightning. Lg's are known for their natural looking colors. Blacklight should be lower than 40. Even 40 is quite high. Regarding the slight bleed at top bezel just gently push the screen while holding other hand behind the Tv very gently.

Black levels are good, no issues there and Backlight bleed is too minuscule to do anything.
The colors too are very good and natural, the best part about it is its color reproduction.
My only grip is its brightness, I mean the Backlight.. It's at 100 and it's just ok, any less it would become dull.
You are saying it's should be set at 40... I am surprised, at 100 it's just enough.
My Room is adequately lit... Not too bright or too dull.

You are saying it's should be set at 40... I am surprised, at 100 it's just enough.
My Room is adequately lit... Not too bright or too dull.

Hope you are using Dynamic / Custom settings. Hope eco mode is off
My panny looks relatively a bit dull in cinema / true cinema modes (still way bright!). My backlight setting is 40.

Hope you are using Dynamic / Custom settings. Hope eco mode is off
My panny looks relatively a bit dull in cinema / true cinema modes (still way bright!). My backlight setting is 40.

I am using custom/user settings... And anything dynamic is off.
Energy saving is off and picture mode is Standard (user).
I'll tell u my settings... U guys can help me figure out.
Backlight - 100
Cotnrast - 100
brightness - 60
Sharpness - 10 (at 0 it's too soft, normally I keep it at 0 or under 5)
colour - 66
Tint - 0
Color temp - C10
Advanced settings :--
Dyn. Contrast - off
Dyn.colour - off
Noise reduction - low
Gamma - low
Black level - low (at high everything becomes washed out, only low and high options)
Motion eye care - off (no idea what it is)
Film mode - on
COLOUR gamut - wide
Edge enhancer - on (don't know it affect but channel logo became clear with keeping it on)

Backlight - 40
Cotnrast - 64
brightness - 58
Sharpness - 10 (at 0 it's too soft, normally I keep it at 0 or under 5)
colour - 70
Tint - 0
Color temp - C10 set this warm (this is very very important. It has to warm)
Advanced settings :--
Dyn. Contrast - off ( this should be always off no matter what)
Dyn.colour - off ( always off )
Noise reduction - High
Gamma - High
Black level - High
Motion eye care - off ( always off )
Film mode - off
COLOUR gamut - wide
Edge enhancer - on ( this sort of tries to do AA for images sometime it works sometime it doesnt)
Connect a Pc or laptop then only calibrate
Also at day time swtich all light sources close windows curtains and make the room as dark as you possibly can. Then start calibration, once it's done change the lightning to normal

I have tint and sharpness more than 40 and it looks good while I reduced the contrast to under 50
Mine is not a 4k set top box but it automatically upscales all hd channels to 2016p,for 300 rs a month and more than 55 hd channels,may be you should try sun hd box for a hd tv.

Man I don't want to sound rude or like an Assshole but Intex does not have any upscaling engine that is so powerful that it's worth noticing. It's just your new Tv effect sometimes its lasts for months before your start to realise its shortcoming. Also no 1080p setbox upscales 1080p to content to 4k right now.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back