5.x/ 7.x system with wall mountable fronts and center

anm

hi - I am considering getting a completely new speaker system for surround sound.
I need to get the wiring done to start with so that I can get the wall paper done, so I think I would get wiring done for 7.2 but may buy speakers later.

Since I wish to separate out surround speakers from my music setup, I would like the floor space reserved for floorstanders or stand mounted bookshelves. Therefore, I am looking for wall mountable front speakers as well.

Few thoughts:
Most rear ported speakers/ center may not be that great when wall mounted.
I would like to avoid plastic cabinet speakers.
Since I am used to listening floorstanders as my fronts, I am spoilt for big sound. I am looking similar stuff.
Size of the speakers is not a constraint, as long as they can be wall mounted, preferably with an ability to swivel and tilt.

The room size is quite big. ~20x30x10 (height).
Listening position is at 10 ft from the front wall.
Backwall is another 20 ft, and then there are stairs there, so no easy way to mount on rear walls. I am thinking of mounting them on the ceiling, maybe hanging a little but not too much.

You may see pics of the room at http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/19486-what-do-my-room.html

One such package could be the pioneer, suggested by mav. Not sure if the fronts can be wall mounted. Also haven't heard them in person and don't know if I can audition them somewhere in ncr.
I think maybe 3 of those center channels would work great as front left / center/ front right.

Budget - since I am open for going in installments, I can extend the budget a little. Ideally, I would not like it to go beyond 50k for 5.0 speakers, but that can be extended a bit.

Hi ! We are official distributors for one of U.K.'s leading companies called Armour Group which has various brands under their wing. Q Acoustics which is an award winning brand has a 5.1 system which is sweet as well as within your budget (slightly over it, but i reckon 10-12k over and above should suit) for a crisp sounding system and great looking speakers. Incase your'e interested, lemme know and ill send you some literature on the product via mail !

thanks Mono-stereo. Sure send me the literature. What is the cabinet made of? Plastic or wood? Are they designed to be mounted on wall? I am looking for largish speakers rather than tiny bose types.

Last edited:
Wood .... not plastic housing .... hmmm ... for wall mounted speakers .... budget, also within 50-60K ...

I have "witnessed" three. There should be many more ...

- PSB ... forget the model ... think, it is rear ported.
- Wharfedale 9.1 / 10.1 ... 9.1 is front ported, while 10.1 is rear.
- Wharfedale Moviestar 70+ .... front and rear speakers are sealed ones, the centre is rear ported.

Last edited:
Looked at Jamo's Graphic series? I can't vouch for their sound but can surely vouch for their looks as well as suitability for wall mounting :) Price, no idea. Unfortunately but I have a vague feeling that they don't come cheap, considering they are "designer" speakers.

Is it reasonable to expect full ranger wall mounts? Note budget is for 5.0 and not for the sub.
Designer is good, and a little premium is fine, but I do not want to pay more for looks vs sq. I would stay clear from gucci/ armani speakers :)

^^^ Don't think of any possibilities on full-rangers as wall mounts ... You may discuss the same with Virenji, if possible ... :)

Only moderately weighing front-ported or sealed speakers should be fine as wall mounted ones .... I guess.

Is it reasonable to expect full ranger wall mounts? Note budget is for 5.0 and not for the sub.
Designer is good, and a little premium is fine, but I do not want to pay more for looks vs sq. I would stay clear from gucci/ armani speakers :)

Hehehe, I understand. I thought of chipping in just to reflect the options available. If you refer to the specs (as well as their review on whathifi.com), they seem to decent, especially if you would want to use them for surrounds than anything else. The degree to which you want to cough up dough for Guccis/Armanis of the world (in this case, it is Wojtek & Hnsbk) is at one's discretion.

The answer to your quest is PSB Imagine Mini.

Ashish - are you guys open on wed, tomorrow, or closed for Eid?
One concern is that it is rear ported and may not sound best that way. Do you have any bookshelves wall mounted by any chance?

Last edited:
Ashish - are you guys open on wed, tomorrow, or closed for Eid?
One concern is that it is rear ported and may not sound best that way. Do you have any bookshelves wall mounted by any chance?

Yes we are open on Wednesday. Also PSB Imagine Mini is designed in such a way that it could also be wall mounted without effecting its performance.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back