50' plasma

Pricing looks great. Am thinking of 50C550 as it is full HD. Hope Samsung has resolved IR and buzzing problems.

Just can't wait to see one in action and user reviews.

Hi

50" C450 is for 55,500 in mumbai

Thats a full 8.5K less than the DP I saw in the previous link Wow

Wish I got that quote here.. Guess its time for another visit to the showroom ;)

Any idea about the price of C550?

Last edited:
Hi would you be able to find the price of 50" C6500 from the same dealer. The MRP/DP is 110K/105K.

Thanks.

@Bangalore123

If you are from Blore, kindly enquire about the 50" C450/C550 price please. The price here in Mlore would be something around Blore price.

Samsung rep informed me that they have a company outlet at BTM layout. You may get a better bargain there.

Hi

i do not have the dealer number with me now; i got this price quote from a dealer Rahul electronics in Goregaon west in Mumbai. you may get his number on google or I will send message post in the evening when i get back home.

the price for 50 inch c550 with a samsung dealer ( and not a multi-brand outlet) in the vicinity without any bargaining was 70,500. this same samsung dealer quoted 57500 for 50 inch c450

hope this helps for the moment.

the price for 50 inch c550 with a samsung dealer ( and not a multi-brand outlet) in the vicinity without any bargaining was 70,500. this same samsung dealer quoted 57500 for 50 inch c450

hope this helps for the moment.
Thanks a lot.
Thats a premium of ~13K for Full HD.

Hi,
My first day in this forum. Extremely impressed with the helpful information available in this forum.
After some quick research, have decided to go for a budget 50 inch plasma. My search narrows down to Samsung 50B450 and Panny P50C10D. But understand that both has been replaced in US market with 2010 models.

I am impressed with PQ of Panny, but it seems a bit pricy. I have not yet seen the Sammy but based on feedback in different forums and reviews, it seems this will be the best choice considering both PQ and price.

But most frustrating fact is that there is no clue when the 50C450 will be launched!!
Checked with one of the Samsung exclusive dealer at Kolkata and they are not aware of this model. Sent a mail to Samsung India, the company was real courteous to call me back. But the company person politely said that he could only provide technical or feature related information and can't comment on any sales related information!

Really wish that Samsung launches this model before start of World cup in June. Otherwise it seems Panasonic 50C10D is the only choice.
Btw, can anybody tell me the power consumption of the 50C10D?
Thanks in advance.

@ HDFREAK - Hello and welcome to this forum.

The C series will be launched today as per the Ballygunge Phari Samsung brand shop. The same guys have a multi brand outlet in South City Mall and they quoted approximately 60k and 75k for the 50C450 and 50C550 respectively.

Contact details: Fundamental Electronics 24225366/7.

Thanks Shuv.

The good news is that 42C450 is available to dealers @ Kolkata. The price quoted over phone was 42K, 5K cheaper than the published DP price (price list screen shot posted in few forums). I guess this can be bargained further during final negotiation. 42C450 now appears in Samsung site as well.

Not so good news is that, still there is no news when 50C450 will be available.

42C450 vs 42B450

The C450 is,

8 Kg lesser (~25kg vs ~17kg)
(It is as much thinner too)

Has USB playback of photos and movies

Has 1 Tuner PIP (vs none in B450)

Cheaper (42k vs 45k of the B450)

I hope all the above holds true for the 50" too.
So people, wait for sometime and make a wise decision.
C450 looks like a clear winner from the specs.

Guys, has anyone tried the Panasonic VIERA TH-P50S10D Plasma. My dad is planning to get it. The dealers are quoting around 1.2L for it in Bangalore. I guess it is a Full HD Tv.

Please let me know if this is a good buy or are there any other alternatives?

Guys, has anyone tried the Panasonic VIERA TH-P50S10D Plasma. My dad is planning to get it. The dealers are quoting around 1.2L for it in Bangalore. I guess it is a Full HD Tv.

Please let me know if this is a good buy or are there any other alternatives?

Don't even think about getting it. Initially after it's launch, it got excellent reviews. Basically it had extra ordinary black levels for which it got those wonderful reviews. After a year now in 2010, people all over the world are complaining that it's black levels have got much lighter than what it used to be, this after just 1 year of usage. Even CNET acknowledged that the biggest advantage of that series (it's black levels) have significantly deteriorated. Finally even Panasonic officially accepted it, and said that nothing can be done about it.

Initially you'll get marvelous picture quality for a year, and after that even a low end LCD will beat it black and blue in terms of black levels. Buying Panasonic Plasmas even after knowing everything will be equivalent to jumping in a big dark hole.

You want proof? Here, read each one of them -

1. Panasonic Sued Over Plasma Black Level Issue

2. Panasonic Admits Automatic Plasma TV Black Level Change, Claims It's a Good Thing

Last edited:
Rather opt for the 50C550 Plasma. The main difference between both the models is internet TV. What good is that anyway?

I agree.. (c550 + a media player) beats c6500 on VFM.. :)

c550 not yet listed on samsung website..I was browsing through c6500 specs so thought of sharing it here..

I have seen B650 LCD's capability on HD movie playback via USB and DLNA..
If somebody is looking for a single unit (HD movie capable in-built media player in the TV) then c6500 is worth a look..

I agree.. (c550 + a media player) beats c6500 on VFM.. :)

I think, a media player is not required.
Since the C450 has photo and movie playback from USB, I have no reason to believe the C550 does not.
It could be a handicapped USB playback functionality but it will be present nevertheless..

What is the current price for C450 and C550 in 42 inches?

Can't seem them in samsung showroom yet.

They are new models of 2010. Wait for a week, and they'll be available. Go for the C550 series. It's predecessor B550 series has received 8.9/10 points from CNET Asia, and rated as spectacular. C550 would just add the additional feature of USB playback, the rest would probably remain the same.

There ain't 42 inches in those series. The closest is 40 inches for the C550 series and 32 inches for the C450 series. MRP for 40C550 is Rs. 65,990 and for 32C450 is Rs. 35,900.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back