A compact easy to make TL speaker

I am planning a visit this weekend if time permits for a listen. Will also carry my micro-TL for a compare. After all Sumanta stays quite close to my home too.:)

I have been told that this driver is connected directly to the amplifier with no compensation network. While my speaker uses heavy compensation for phase coherence. Will also get an idea of any added benefits. Looking at the sketch Sumanta's speaker uses the classic TL loading with longer but thinner line. I use a shorter but thicker line. I do not know how much stuffing is used in Sumanta's box though.

Here's a perfectionist, calculating, measuring DIY expert talking about a speaker made by a thumb rule follower who tries to get 70% out of 30% investment (collectively) in money, time, study, concept, design, construction.
I am honoured Hari. We will have a wonderful time with you and your TL.
A comparison will satisfy you too.

Mine is tapering type, not a continuous taper but by step. I had I think 250 gm of Decron in total for both speakers. It is stuffed in first two parts.

Had a wonderful session with Hari.

I would love to have others for audition of this post box and for my OB too. I, in this way will have more friends. that's the best part.

Wish u were still here in Baroda Sir... I & Shailesh Bhai would have loved to visit ur place for listening them...

Had a wonderful session with Hari.

I would love to have others for audition of this post box and for my OB too. I, in this way will have more friends. that's the best part.

If you dont mind, can you tell what differences were observed in both?

Wish u were still here in Baroda Sir... I & Shailesh Bhai would have loved to visit ur place for listening them...

Sadik,
I thought exactly the same. I will carry it whenever I will go to Baroda. It is easy to make, so go ahead. For what I know that you are capable of, this is a very easy make for you. Instead of pipe, you can make it out of mdf too.

If you dont mind, can you tell what differences were observed in both?

I would prefer not to do that. Hari makes it for selling. Precision, investment, cost, expectation all are in a different zone for his speakers.

It is better to have one's own opinion on any speaker as a listener. So, request anyone to listen them and make your own conclusion. Consider the whole chain and environment too.

Sadik,
I thought exactly the same. I will carry it whenever I will go to Baroda. It is easy to make, so go ahead. For what I know that you are capable of, this is a very easy make for you. Instead of pipe, you can make it out of mdf too.

Sir,

Whenever you are in Baroda please do give me a call. I wanted you to listen my Amplifier Crescendo Millennium which i have recently made.

Sadik

Sir,

Whenever you are in Baroda please do give me a call. I wanted you to listen my Amplifier Crescendo Millennium which i have recently made.

Sadik

Surely, I can't miss that. I want to listen to your speakers too. that was about to be ready when I left Baroda.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back