A complete Indian high end system

prem

If one were to put together a complete Indian high end system, what would it be?

My choices

Low powered system

Rethm Saadhanas + Rethm Gaanam/Lyrita 2a3 + Acoustic Portrait DAC/Transport + Rethm cables + Rethm Taalam rack

High Powered System

Cadence Arca + Cadence Canasya + Lyrita DHT pre + Acoustic Portrait DAC/Transport + Rethm cables + Rethm Taalam rack

Kanwars pro audio amp + speakers also comes to my mind. Probably also the full Acoustic Portrait set up. I am sure there are more that i am not aware of

If one were to put together a complete Indian high end system, what would it be?

My choices

Low powered system

Rethm Saadhanas + Rethm Gaanam/Lyrita 2a3 + Acoustic Portrait DAC/Transport + Rethm cables + Rethm Taalam rack

High Powered System

Cadence Arca + Cadence Canasya + Lyrita DHT pre + Acoustic Portrait DAC/Transport + Rethm cables + Rethm Taalam rack

Kanwars pro audio amp + speakers also comes to my mind. Probably also the full Acoustic Portrait set up. I am sure there are more that i am not aware of

Prem it would be useful if you could indicate estimates (guesstimates?) the msrp's of these setups as well. I am eager to experience these setups when I can.
cheers,
Sid

If you do go analogue, Lyrita Phono also comes in. problem will be a true blue indian TT !

i was at Prems place when he tried the Lyrita with the saadhna. after a matter of 3 hours, i can easily say its a Hi Fi (unless we start looking at uber systems)

There is a good possibility that he was talking about Sonodyne.
?

Let us not jump to conclusions like an average human.

How about Audire in the setup somewhere? Do we have any high (or even mid) end source system coming out of India apart from the one already mentioned???

Sonodyne is making waves in studio monitors and I believe that's where their main thrust is. But their current home audio line up is nothing to write home about. And they hardly push their home line up. You will be hard pressed to audition them. They are not on par with the Lyritas, Cadences, Rethms and Audires of this world. My opinion, though. YMMV.

Any possibility of a listen in to any such systems in Bangalore... I for sure wouldn't miss the opportunity

Prem

You can add the preamp from Rethm . Actually it is from a brand "Mathew Audio " - What I know it is the same pre that is used in Ganaam integrated amp and designed by Mr. Mathew a freind of Jacob.

I auditioned it recently , an excellent product. You only hinted about this pre in some other thread.

Cheers

thanks for supporting indian hifi..

how many are there to get complete indian lowbudget hifi ???
Rethms and Audires make great stuff , but in higher end where we have so many choices unless we follow swadeshi ppl

Do we have any high (or even mid) end source system coming out of India apart from the one already mentioned???

A few other well regarded Indian "hi-fi" manufacturers (have not heard any of them; so most of the information below is from the net/other forums). These are in addition to Rethm, Cadence and Lyrita mentioned before
1. Lithos audio in Mumbai - a couple of reviews on another forum regarding their "Kontra" speaker. Web site: Lithos Acoustics
2. Nibanna audio in Mumbai - makers of TL speakers. There is one FM who owns their floor stander. Web site: nibbanaaudio
3. Acoustic Portrait in Bangalore - lot of discussions on AP recently on the forum. Web site: Acoustic Portrait
4. Audire in Coimbatore - Seems to have exited the "mid-fi" market and is concentrating only on "expensive hi-fi". Web site: High End A/V and Automation, India

Pulz, Torvin, Norge & Craftel are other indian manufacturers that come to mind though they may not be considered strictly "hi-fi"

Enbee of yester years (I own a complete Enbee setup) was very well regarded, but have stopped production due to the owner's (Mr Nakra) old age.

Regards,
APK

A few other well regarded Indian "hi-fi" manufacturers (have not heard any of them; so most of the information below is from the net/other forums). These are in addition to Rethm, Cadence and Lyrita mentioned before
1. Lithos audio in Mumbai - a couple of reviews on another forum regarding their "Kontra" speaker. Web site: Lithos Acoustics
2. Nibanna audio in Mumbai - makers of TL speakers. There is one FM who owns their floor stander. Web site: nibbanaaudio
3. Acoustic Portrait in Bangalore - lot of discussions on AP recently on the forum. Web site: Acoustic Portrait
4. Audire in Coimbatore - Seems to have exited the "mid-fi" market and is concentrating only on "expensive hi-fi". Web site: High End A/V and Automation, India

Pulz, Torvin, Norge & Craftel are other indian manufacturers that come to mind though they may not be considered strictly "hi-fi"

Enbee of yester years (I own a complete Enbee setup) was very well regarded, but have stopped production due to the owner's (Mr Nakra) old age.

Regards,
APK

Thanks APK, even I started out with Nakra sir's stuff.

My question was on Source, as in TT, transport, DAC...

My question was on Source, as in TT, transport, DAC...

Oops.....me bad!

I guess for source the choices from the Indian stable are limited.
Other than AP, I only know of Viren of Lyrita who has dabbled in DACs (though he had made them as a one off for a couple of FMs here).

Cosmic (from the past) used to make decent TTs, though I have never heard one.

Rgds,
APK

Last edited:
I've learnt from one of my friends that Audire had manufactured Class A amps inspired by Pass Labs in the past which sounded fabulous. I've heard that they have now discontinued the models.

I would add a Complete AP system from Source to Speaker (the one with Sub + Active Crossover) also to this.

It is a really great experience.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back