A complete Indian high end system

Hi venkatcr

I have the highest regard for Audire speakers. I have spoken to Sharath several times. I have only heard their entry level stuff. I wish one had access to listen to their high end stuff. Maybe you should speak to them to appoint a dealer in one of the metros.

Venkat, Are the Seraphims on sale?

Iaudio, I am not really sure. Let me speak to Sharath and see what all he has for sale. As far as I could make out from the website, he has shortened his list to Maia, Andromeda, Sirocco, and IO2 Truhorn.

Prem, thank you. Let me see if I can convince Sharath to run a road show in Chennai, and maybe Delhi. The issue is that his speakers are monsters in terms of weight, and any travel plans will be expensive. In any case, let me talk to him. In terms of dealers, Sharath wants to open Audire showrooms all over India, but he is not able to get the space required. I am discussing with him for a showroom in Chennai.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi venkatcr

Any idea of the pricing of their various models. Do they also have amps? I know they sell Wavac, Dartzeel and the like, but do they also manufacture their own amps?

Prem, thank you. Let me see if I can convince Sharath to run a road show in Chennai, and maybe Delhi.

Please include Mumbai. More than the other speakers, I would love to hear their new bookshelf with the Accuton drivers. I have already heard (and love) their IO2. I didn't know what a 4 inch full range driver can do till I heard the IO2.

Let me see if I can convince Sharath to run a road show in Chennai, and maybe Delhi...

And Bengaluru please :)

That aside, if anyone plans to make a trip from here to there to check out Audire's creations...count me in :licklips:

(I may not be able to afford these speakers but I certainly can afford the bus fare...if Sarath can afford the spare the time)

Hi venkatcr

Any idea what are the technical specs of Andromeda. Could not find anything on their site

prem,

Thanks for starting a great discussion on here.

I was fascinated with Audire some years ago when I wrote to Sharath about making a visit to Coimbatore. I was very interested in their Pass Lab designs at that time. Never made it and plans changed. However Venkat did make it and I remember having discussed the visit in a thread. Audire seems to have tired of the "tire kickers" like me now because their website has really very little information on their products.

I really have an interest in Rethm now after reading Sraejan's rave reviews on 6moons. I wrote to Jacob two months ago and he has offered to pay for my trip if it results in a purchase. After swearing off hifi some years ago this is "damned if I do and damned if I don't" situation. I would love to hear the Rethms some day though!

Next in line for me is Viren's Lyritas ...

Keep the posts coming. Question for you though, how well does the low power system sound in near field situation like an apartment?

And Bengaluru please :)

That aside, if anyone plans to make a trip from here to there to check out Audire's creations...count me in :licklips:

(I may not be able to afford these speakers but I certainly can afford the bus fare...if Sarath can afford the spare the time)

Bangalore to Coimbatore for a listen? How about we drive down? I've been wanting to visit Audire for a long time now.

--G

Hari Iyer

There is not much of a market for hifi in India. Do not change your profession. Ajay Shirke has other businesses in excess of probably 1000 crores. It does not matter to him whether Cadence sells or not. Jacob of Rethm is one of Indias leading architects and is responsible for the design of several 5 star resorts and upmarket bungalows and offices in Kerala.

Thanks Prem for your valuable comments and am in agreement with you. I am aware of Shirke as i have implemented the ERP solution at his Pune Factory in the year 2008 for Potain India (manufactures of cranes) and have seen his setup there. I have also met Senior Shirke at his factory and am fully aware of his background. Doing a full time speaker business in India is still very risky unless you have sufficient funds and backup plans. Customers want the best at a very low or no cost. Again the cost and quality have an direct relationship which needs to be put in the minds of our people and to be educated upon.
Speaker building can still be a very passionate hobby and yet fulfill your dreams of achieving something in this already crowded market. :)

Last edited:
Bangalore to Coimbatore for a listen? How about we drive down? I've been wanting to visit Audire for a long time now.

--G

I should be at Coimbatore in the last week of July / 1st week of August for around a week for my office work. If planned around that time, count me in.

A friend of mine owns a beauty parlour, and good running music is critical to them. The clients have specifically commented on good music.

However, their system is ordinary off-the-shelf system. When he heard my system (T6 etc.), he immediately said "this is really good sound". And of course, the next question - "Can we get this type of sound in Rs. 25-30k?".

So the eternal question still remains: Is it lack of volumes that HiFi is too costly? Can some combination (e.g. TP2020 + ODAC + Raspberry Pi based media server, Some choice of speakers) crack this market?

And more importantly, can some Indian player crack this?

Hi Nikhil

No problems listening to near field with the Rethms. But it will need about 5 ft clearance from back wall and at least a foot from the side walls. I too live in an apartment

Apartments in Mumbai are small. Big apartments are practically unaffordable. My friends in Delhi wonder how guys in Mumbai live in such small apartments.

@Prem: Apartments in Delhi & NCR are shrinking in size too.... Its still not as bad as Mumbai... but getting there!

Hi Nikhil

No problems listening to near field with the Rethms. But it will need about 5 ft clearance from back wall and at least a foot from the side walls. I too live in an apartment

Thanks Prem. Still 5 ft from the back wall will imply skids of some sort in my place. Currently I "walk" my PSBs about 4 ft forward when I want to improve the sound stage a little. That creates a little bit of a problem in day to day situations - luckily for me my wife is even bigger music buff than I am.

I get to visit Coimbatore on my official trips. Keep me in the loop; I can plan my trip accordingly.

I should be at Coimbatore in the last week of July / 1st week of August for around a week for my office work. If planned around that time, count me in.

Hmmm...looks like a gang's building up. I'm serious...let's plan for the time Mr.Hari would be in town.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back