A complete Indian high end system

Apartments in Mumbai are small. Big apartments are practically unaffordable. My friends in Delhi wonder how guys in Mumbai live in such small apartments.

Sorry for the OT. In Mumbai, can you tell me how 'small' is a small apartment and how 'big' is a big apartment in terms of Sqft?

TIA,
Kevian

Hi Kevian

A small apt would be about 600 sq.ft. A large would be upwards of 2000 sq.ft. I am talking super built up area here. Typically carpet area would be 65% of super built up area.

Sorry guys, had not visited HFV for a day.

As far as I know, Sharath has stopped making amplifiers completely and only distributes/deals with the international brands on their website. It has a lot to do with Sharath's passion for trying to reach the standards of excellence far beyond what people can afford in India. He spent a lot of time trying to emulate Datzeel, and finally decided it is just easier to offer Dartzeel itself!

He does have a design for a 7 channel Class-D amp that he sells for some 1 lakh.

Speaker specs? I really have no idea. I will talk to Sharath and get as much details as possible and post it in this thread.

If a set of people are going to CBE, I am sure Sharath will be delighted to play host and demo all the equipment. His combination of Datzeel amp, and Ascendo and Maia speakers are worth listening to. If the scheduled is fixed, I will be delighted to join.

Cheers

wonderful thread...

wish we had all these indian brands on display under one roof... many of my freinds are surprised to see hi fi audio from India.. the general crowd is still dominated by the SONY's and the Aiwa's...and yes bose..

whether our market is ready for hifi... well, i think it is. a year back i couldnt muster up the will to spend an X amount on hifi...but steady exposure and meeting people have made me realize it's worth every penny if you really care for your music.

i read somewhere...that companies like Coke and Pepsi makes their presense felt in schools and their advertising initiatives are majorly focussed towards younger generation...it's because they feel these are their future market. well it's not the same with audio i understand....however, unless you are exposed to it, you will most likely never know...

wishful thinking on my part (read: naive!), im sure All indian companies want their message to be heard across india...but they are stuck in their demographics...really need to come up with innovative ways for people to have access to their offerings.

btw...i have had an Indian system all this time...in my firts set up, i went out to buy JBL, Bose, Polk...came out buying Pulz and Pandam... second setup...went out to buy B&W, PSB, Focal, Cyrus,et al... ended up with Cadence...each time i was sure i was goign to get some "known" product...but the proof is in listening...

i wish Hari good luck in his endevour.

Being from CBE, Its a shame, haven't had a chance to visit Audire.
Please count me in, if we are planning for a trip

Mr Hari,

Its curse of software r what. Having spent 15 yrs in this profession, even I am tempted towards Dealership of audio products.

Cheers
Venkat

In all this i will never forget Cosmic, Sonodyne, Norge, Arphi. These are great brands providing great value for money. These are the brands that most of us started with. Without the availability of these brands many of us may not have embarked on the hifi journey.

In all this i will never forget Cosmic, Sonodyne, Norge, Arphi. These are great brands providing great value for money. These are the brands that most of us started with. Without the availability of these brands many of us may not have embarked on the hifi journey.

+100 to that
cheers

...and Woodstock!

Agreed Square_Wave. Its sad being in India we are unable to hear most indian brands

Good thread Prem.
Would love to see some innovative India made turntable.
Regards

Jacob at Rethm has a design in mind. However, do not know if it will ever see the light of the day.

Agreed Square_Wave. Its sad being in India we are unable to hear most indian brands

WE are to blame for it directly ... aren't we? The way we idolize the 'white skin' manufactures and kind of, love showing off a 'brand' sitting in our living rooms! It is the brand which matters more, not much the output.

Even after a thorough read of the Forum, I find newbies lining up for foreign makes ... why not the Indian offerings ... likes of Norge, DNM, Lyrita, now Krypton. Still slaves, are we?

@Avid, don't be so harsh. Most of the audiophiles suffer from two distinct problem 'upgraditis' and 'curiosity'. While curiosity only kills the feline species, in the case of audiophiles it kills their pockets. Keeping this in mind. If someone was to sell a marantz vs norge, which of them do you think would fly faster. If more and more people are willing to evaluate things objectively, the situation would improve. Not a very easy task ;)

Looking at all the enthusiasm, I wish there was any website (or maybe a common listening room) where all these brands are presented together and are backed by respective companies.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back