A complete Indian high end system

Quite a few here have had a taste of the Transmission Line speakers made by Hari Iyer. Well, I own one now, and definitely recommend Krypton Audio's name in the Indian high-end equipment (speaker) manufacturer's list. The company still does not possess a website, which Hari had said is being worked on.

Hi Sidvee

Cost of low powered system

Rethm Saadhanas Rs 450000
Rethm Gaanam integrated amp Rs 250000
Lyrita 2A3 power amp Rs 45000 in stock form. This to me is more at mid level. I guess with better transformers, it should approach high end. Cost would then be about Rs 225000
Lyrita DHT pre Rs 24000
Acoustic Portrait DAC Rs 90000
Rethm speaker cables Rs 40000
Rethm I/c Rs 20000
4 Rethm powercords Rs 50000
Rethm Taalam rack Rs 50000

Above are approx prices. Pl do not hold me to it. I do not know current Cadence prices. But that system will be more expensive than the low powered one.

Last edited:
Hi Pratimbayal

The reason i did not include Rethm pre is because it is not available on a regular basis. Jacob only offers the integrated version.

I for 1 would love to listen to it;
I wonder if any are present in Mumbai ?
It would make for interesting listening;;;;
;)

I was at Coimbatore last month for a good 10 days but could not make it to their showroom just because they shut down at 6:30PM and my office work would get over only by 7 PM. If you are able to find them in Mumbai, i too will be interested in joining you for the audition.

Audire normal single driver speakers are at best mid level. I would like to hear their speaker with the Feastrex driver.

Quite a few here have had a taste of the Transmission Line speakers made by Hari Iyer. Well, I own one now, and definitely recommend Krypton Audio's name in the Indian high-end equipment (speaker) manufacturer's list. The company still does not possess a website, which Hari had said is being worked on.

Yes, i am working on the website and audition room and getting the first pair of commercial design FS, BS and full-rangers. I am waiting for the harmonic balance to be tested completely both in theory and practice before implementing them in my next launch. Will also change profession if i get enough support from fellow Indians. The software profession sucks now-a-days.

Last edited:
I thought i will clarify my statement about Audire speaker. When i mentioned their normal speakers are at best mid level, it is not a reflection on their design but it is more so because they use a basic Fostex in their speaker. How well a speaker performs is a huge function of the drivers. This is obviously assuming the design is fine. Replace Fostex with top end Lowthers. You will get a better sound. Replace Lowthers with Feastrex. That will go one more notch up. But so do the costs. Replacing the Fostex with Feastrex drivers will increase the cost by close to 3 lakhs.

Hi avidyarthy

Yes, cost of high end even if its a Indian product is not cheap. But Rethm and Cadence stuff will easily compare to a foreign brand costing twice to thrice as much.

Hari Iyer

There is not much of a market for hifi in India. Do not change your profession. Ajay Shirke has other businesses in excess of probably 1000 crores. It does not matter to him whether Cadence sells or not. Jacob of Rethm is one of Indias leading architects and is responsible for the design of several 5 star resorts and upmarket bungalows and offices in Kerala.

As far as I know Cadence Arcas are nearly 5 lakhs a pair. Canasya mono blocks will set you back by 7+ lakhs. There are a number of Canasya and Arista owners so they can confirm.

As far as I know Cadence Arcas are nearly 5 lakhs a pair. Canasya mono blocks will set you back by 7+ lakhs. There are a number of Canasya and Arista owners so they can confirm.

the canasyas are more like 5.5L incl of taxes...

The thank yous in the previous post makes me feel that people have looked at that statement being sarcastic. There was no sarcasm intended. It was a pure matter of fact statement. But even at 5.5 lakhs, the Canasya is probably the most expensive single piece of equipment from an Indian manufacturer.

Hari Iyer

There is not much of a market for hifi in India. Do not change your profession. Ajay Shirke has other businesses in excess of probably 1000 crores. It does not matter to him whether Cadence sells or not. Jacob of Rethm is one of Indias leading architects and is responsible for the design of several 5 star resorts and upmarket bungalows and offices in Kerala.

Now I can understand why all the gears from Jacob are so beautifully designed.

Well we now have a new contender. Audires top of the line speakers. I believe they make great racks too.

I thought i will clarify my statement about Audire speaker. When i mentioned their normal speakers are at best mid level, it is not a reflection on their design but it is more so because they use a basic Fostex in their speaker. How well a speaker performs is a huge function of the drivers. This is obviously assuming the design is fine. Replace Fostex with top end Lowthers. You will get a better sound. Replace Lowthers with Feastrex. That will go one more notch up. But so do the costs. Replacing the Fostex with Feastrex drivers will increase the cost by close to 3 lakhs.

You should read the 'Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'.

Sharath has experimented with a number of drivers, and chosen a particular driver for a particular price bracket. He then spent enormous amount of time and energy building a cabinet for that driver. I am not aware of anyone in the world, leave alone India, who spends so much time on cabinet design, and uses such exotic material.

For the Maia's he get drivers specifically made for him by Thiel. Just to give you an idea, Sharath demoed the Maia's to a dealer in HK, who booked two year's production. When I heard the Maia's last time I was in CBE, I was shocked to hear music from behind me. This was in a two channel system. This point has, of course, been discussed here and ridiculed. But, for me that is a great achievement. I consider sound stage and separation a important aspect of a two channel system.

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back