A royal conundrum (Customised Wall mounts in Bangalore)

Sandesh

Can anyone suggest a place where I can get a reasonable costing pair of speaker wall mounts made (tilting and swiveling)? Unfortunately I dont have an option for speaker stands in my room and also my Onkyo rear speaker option allow for straight wall mounting. I guess the bracket will have to be changed. I need atleast a 45 degree tilt facility on the wall mount and a lengthy enough support option to go over my wall cupboard.

*Kindly Ignore the mess in the room, its just been freshly painted and I'm still setting up my things*

Attachments

• rear speaker.jpg
    rear speaker.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 63
  • room.jpg
    room.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 65
P:S I cant fix the rear speakers near the windows as the cupboard door comes in the way if I open it.

1. Why do you need the tilt?
2. Why not near the widow above the cupboard door?
3. Is this the left surround or the right?
4. Do give a layout plan of the room.

1. Why do you need the tilt?
A: Because the I can't set the speakers at ear height because opening the cupboard would bang into the right rear speaker
2. Why not near the widow above the cupboard door?
I realized that I wouldn't be able to get a good wide angle if I restricted to the window as I am putting a 2+ 1 seater recliner,
3. Is this the left surround or the right?
A:- Right
4. Do give a layout plan of the room.
A: I decided after consulting with my sound engineer friend that in these circumstances it was better to put the rear speakers on each side wall tilting downwards towards each side of the couch.

I actually differ with this prevalent opinion of tilting the surround speakers to aim them to the ears.
Surroud sound needs to be diffused. It is background, ambient sound which is why these speakers are above ear height.
Tilting defeats this purpose.
You can very well keep the speaker on the cupboard.
Even the manual of your amp does not ask you to aim the surround speakers to the ears.

I actually differ with this prevalent opinion of tilting the surround speakers to aim them to the ears.
Surroud sound needs to be diffused. It is background, ambient sound which is why these speakers are above ear height.
Tilting defeats this purpose.
You can very well keep the speaker on the cupboard.
Even the manual of your amp does not ask you to aim the surround speakers to the ears.
Seems like the rear speakers are not working at the moment (I pull them out of the box after a long time). Even if I were to keep it on a cupboard, I dont have a stand corresponding on the other side. :(

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back