Advice need on a DIY screen

jeemonpaul

Hi
i have few doubts ,i recently bought a home theater set up which consist -optoma es551 projector/onkyo tx sr313 hd av receiver/wharfedale vardus speaker package with a sony bdv e 290 bd 3d player.
now the problem start with my room, the room size is 8 ft by 18 ft. so i can hardly fix a 100 inch screen in width wise.

now please advice whether the room will handle the sound ? if not which will be inexpensive way to make the room echo proof ?

another question is am not planning to invest any more money for screen until i build a dedicated room for the set up ,

for the time being how i will make a temporary projector screen. am not able to find any store who sell the black out cloth .can i use flex board sheet for the same ????
PLZ ADVICE .....

1) Yes you can use flex board sheet
2) If you have a wall- Just project the image on the wall- in general light colored walls will work great

Simple solution for echo is to add carpets or throw rugs on the floor. Go ahead and bring in your furniture- It will also reduce the echo

thank you boss for the early reply.
is there is any picture quality difference between flex and black out cloth? am planning to fix the custom made flex with the black boarders of 100 inch /72 inch
another question whether to make a 16:9 or 4:3 screen as the native of my projector is 4:3 i think there will be option for switching it to 16:9. what will be your advice about the screen aspect ratio ?

another question is my sony Bdv E290 comes with speakers so can i use the speakers as height channels ( I know it will not work as a 9.1 or 10.1 Channel) will that make any distortion to the AV reciver and the speakers of the HT system ??

thank you boss for the early reply.
is there is any picture quality difference between flex and black out cloth? am planning to fix the custom made flex with the black boarders of 100 inch /72 inch
another question whether to make a 16:9 or 4:3 screen as the native of my projector is 4:3 i think there will be option for switching it to 16:9. what will be your advice about the screen aspect ratio ?

another question is my sony Bdv E290 comes with speakers so can i use the speakers as height channels ( I know it will not work as a 9.1 or 10.1 Channel) will that make any distortion to the AV reciver and the speakers of the HT system ??

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back