Advice required for buying AVR - 7.2

Dheerendra

I have purchased speakers and subwoofer for Budget Home Theatre setup but in a confusion to choose avr between Denon avr x1600h and Yamaha RX V6A. I will be buying atoms speakers later.

5.0 speakers Taga Harmony 607
Subwoofer Taga Harmony TSW 212SE

First I thought to purchase Denon but the quoted price at local dealer is high - 65k, Hyderabad.
I will be watching movies - 80% music 20%.

Pl advise the avr and known vendor details offline/ online.

Hi,
If u are more towards Movies go for denon as many fellow members will suggest denon as it has more dynamic range towards movies and offers little bit tweaking further deep in speaker settings like individual crossover for speaker where yamaha doesnt provide.
YAPO is little bit under performs when compares to denon Audyssey calibration.
If u are more towards APP based control fan, Yamaha is must go because its app is so gud u can do everything u want
Their IPAD app can do everything instantly with gud user interface.
Take ur chance according to ur requirement.
:)

Hi,
If u are more towards Movies go for denon as many fellow members will suggest denon as it has more dynamic range towards movies and offers little bit tweaking further deep in speaker settings like individual crossover for speaker where yamaha doesnt provide.
YAPO is little bit under performs when compares to denon Audyssey calibration.
If u are more towards APP based control fan, Yamaha is must go because its app is so gud u can do everything u want
Their IPAD app can do everything instantly with gud user interface.
Take ur chance according to ur requirement.
:)
Thanks.

Wait for few months, let the price settle (it's astronomically high now), and then go with Denon X1600H (best VFM).

Thank you.

Purchased Denon for 56.7K as couldn’t wait for home theatre experience. Will be receiving the avr within three days. Donno whether I got good deal or not.

I think the X1600H as mentioned in OP's first post.
At the last moment everything changed. The avr x1600h ordered for 57k was not delivered by vendor as the avr was damaged. Hence purchased Denon AVR x2700h .

Although I am enjoying the setup and watched AVATAAR movie which I enjoyed a lot. Think I need to setup crossover setup on subwoofer and every time I am increasing and decreasing the volume in fear that my neighbours may complain. The highest volume that i used is 70-73.

Need some suggestions to set the volume constant for the setup morning/ night while watching movies what could I do for that?
Right now I am watching all movies from fire stick only and have the itch to purchase tv/ projector which I am surfing for it a lot to do on budget.

but now I want to know what I can do to volume constant and guidance on crossover settings.
Also posted pics of my home theatre.
Thank you

Last edited:
Photos couldn’t attach above .

Attachments

• 818B635D-E53C-469D-8925-B4B5E97787FF.jpeg
    818B635D-E53C-469D-8925-B4B5E97787FF.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 97C43650-A982-4C33-B7CC-AC52F52C67D9.jpeg
    97C43650-A982-4C33-B7CC-AC52F52C67D9.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 85
Congratulations on your Hometheatre.

I have 90% identical setup, I have Denon x3700 instead of x2700.

The quality of sound from Firestick won't give you the full potential of the Hometheatre. Digital media will be lossy always.

Run the audyssey, would be great if you run it through app. Crossover should be max on the subwoofer and sub volume at 50% before running audyssey.

For me audyssey set the sub at - 3.5 but I changed the volume while calibration at Subwoofer was at 10 o clock, changed to 12 post audyssey. Its thumping now ;)

Crossovers for speakers at AVR should be at 80hz this will give you the best experience. Turn on Dynamic EQ and Turn off Dynamic Volume.

Use the audyssey app it is great, but it is paid.
Few movies to test on amazon prime are Dunkirk the first few scenes, edge of tomorrow, dark Knight starting scene.

Here is a link to my thread and a detailed long video with some tests. Link

Congratulations on your Hometheatre.

I have 90% identical setup, I have Denon x3700 instead of x2700.

The quality of sound from Firestick won't give you the full potential of the Hometheatre. Digital media will be lossy always.

Run the audyssey, would be great if you run it through app. Crossover should be max on the subwoofer and sub volume at 50% before running audyssey.

For me audyssey set the sub at - 3.5 but I changed the volume while calibration at Subwoofer was at 10 o clock, changed to 12 post audyssey. Its thumping now ;)

Crossovers for speakers at AVR should be at 80hz this will give you the best experience. Turn on Dynamic EQ and Turn off Dynamic Volume.

Use the audyssey app it is great, but it is paid.
Few movies to test on amazon prime are Dunkirk the first few scenes, edge of tomorrow, dark Knight starting scene.

Here is a link to my thread and a detailed long video with some tests. Link
Thank you and will do the tests as suggested

Need some suggestions to set the volume constant for the setup morning/ night while watching movies what could I do for that?
Right now I am watching all movies from fire stick only and have the itch to purchase tv/ projector which I am surfing for it a lot to do on budget.

but now I want to know what I can do to volume constant and guidance on crossover settings.
Also posted pics of my home theatre.
Thank you
Have you run the Auddesy Calibration? Turning on the Dynamic EQ improves the Bass/LFE even at low volume.

Last edited:
Have you run the Auddesy Calibration? Turning on the Dynamic EQ improves the Bass/LFE even at low volume.
Yes. I have run Audyssey setup.

I would like to install acoustic sound blankets for window and seprator for dining and living hall. Please suggest website/ seller to buy

Recently bought Denon X2700h as most people here suggests denon haha ..

Things that impress me :

1) Audyssey Mic (once calibrated it will balance your setup 95% accuracy)
other 5% you will understand how to fix it as time passes (Manual Tweaking ofcourse)

2) Power consumption : I dont know how much other receivers draw but mine drawing 65W at 85% volume .. I was impressed (I tested with Watt meter)

3) Having Deepest customization over Crossovers for each speaker (ofcouse audyssey did it for you .. dont need to scratch your brain)
Note : I heard Yamaha dont have it .. wow I was shocked when I first heard about it

For now I observed these things as I recently bought it .. May be I can add more once I get to know more

About Music : 60% Satisfy (at least it was way better than my previous 5.1 setup)
About Movies : 100% Satisfy

LOL .. I can hear the thunders, Rain many other sounds so REAL .. Ofcouse your speakers should also help regarding this (I am using POLK Signature Series)

I am Very glad I choose Denon
Thanks for everyone who suggest me :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back