Airtel HD STB Reboot Loop

manpreet21

Hi,

My Airtel DTH STB (HD with Recording) was getting upgraded automatically yesterday. After the upgrade process completed and the box rebooted it is now it just wont go beyond "Please wait initializing". Reboots every few seconds. Can someone advice on how to fix this? How to reset the system to the default image if that would help?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Manpreet

Disconnect everything. Turn on the STB and when you see "Please wait initializing" try entering back space twice and type 2465. This should automatically install the new software and start the STB for you.

I guess, when it installed the software last time, it failed internally.

Thanks for the response Gopi however, it didn't help. Nothing happens when I hit Back twice and punch in 2465. I tried using Back key from the remote as well as from the hard button in the STB. 2465 was punched in from the remote only. The STB does not respond and continues in the same process which I will mention again as below;

I power up the STB, All LEDs of the STB light up for a few secs
Then only one Green LED stay on
On the TV it now starts showing, "Please wait initializing" and then after a couple of seconds it reboots again and same process starts.

Please suggest on how can I fix this? Is there any way by which I can reset to factory defaults? Connect the STB with my PC and do a reset? Open the STB and push any botton to reset the box? :sad:

You need to use the STB remote. If the above didn't work, when you see please wait initializing, try pressing back button 4 times and then enter 2485. You need to do it quickly.

If that doesn't help, I guess you need to call airtel to fix your box or get it replaced.

Thanks again Gopi. I'll try your options when I get back home. I have no issue in getting the box replaced from Airtel but the issue is that I am in Qatar and would have to wait till such time I don't get back home which would maybe in a month or two. I hope you would understand that for the family not having access to home channels in a far off land is a major issue....

Anything else that you can suggest? Just in case what you have suggested does not work? Any other way by which I can open the box and do a hard reset? I am a technical guy so would be able to find my way around.... Any way in which I can connect the STB to my PC and do the reset from console?

Thanks.

Try this reset method:

Press right key, bottom Key, back key and OK key simultaneously until the message icon blinks. After few seconds message icon will stop blinking. Now switch-off and disconnect it from power socket for a moment. Switch-on your STB.

Or instead of back key, press exit key when it says please wait initializing

1) Press exit key twice and then 2465
or
2) Press exit key 4 times and then 2485

Hey Gopi.... the exit key 4 times and then 2485 option worked flawlessly. Thanks a ton for the advice and continuous responses. It's been a great help.

Hope anyone who faces this issue would be able to refer to this thread and benefit from this.

Thanks again. :)

i also got the same problem several times a day and now no front panel display at all in my set top box..guide me what to do now/

I power up the STB, All LEDs of the STB light up for a few secs
Then only one Green LED stay on
On the TV it now starts showing, "Please wait initializing" and then after a couple of seconds it reboots again and same process starts.
Now, the situation is that no front panel display at all on set top box.

Please guide what to do?

I am in Saudi Arabia and got Airtel HD recorder from India. two days back channel information was not displayed so i switched off the stb and switch it on after 5 minutes. All lights switched on and then green light on with message "please wait initializing". after this red light switched on again with blank screen.
I saw blogs adn used back two times and 2465. the stb upgrade started. after upgrade finished, it restarted but again after 1 minutes red light came up and blank screen.
I then used even 4 times back space and 2485. This time again stb upgrade started. after finishing upgrade, stb restrted and again red light came up with blank scree.
kindly help is required.

I am in Saudi Arabia and got Airtel HD recorder from India. two days back channel information was not displayed so i switched off the stb and switch it on after 5 minutes. All lights switched on and then green light on with message "please wait initializing". after this red light switched on again with blank screen.
I saw blogs adn used back two times and 2465. the stb upgrade started. after upgrade finished, it restarted but again after 1 minutes red light came up and blank screen.
I then used even 4 times back space and 2485. This time again stb upgrade started. after finishing upgrade, stb restrted and again red light came up with blank scree.
kindly help is required.

Looks like your STB is off. Start it normally like you do. When you see red light on your set top box, press the power button on your remote.

Advertisements for Web designing and PHP training. I think Hifivision moderators should be more stringent and weed out and ban these kind of guys.

Hello, My Airtel HD DVR is restarting automatically after 25 seconds. It shows a blank screen after 23 seconds and then restarts. "please wait initializing" not diplayed on tv screen. Please help.

Hello, My Airtel HD DVR is restarting automatically after 25 seconds. It shows a blank screen after 23 seconds and then restarts. "please wait initializing" not diplayed on tv screen. Please help.
Have you tried the solutions mentioned above.. Also remove the USB drive if connected and then try. On the hindsight try using a different power adapter also..

Hello I have a problem in my airtel dth SD box
It turns off after 3 to 4 hours and sometimes it turns of continuously at night about after 11pm, and after that what we try anything it doesn't start until day ends it works better but also switch off some time, no any light glows plz help me what's the problem.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back