Allo USBRIDGE SIGNATURE Player - Owners Thread

noblejose

Just bought an Allo USBRIDGE SIGNATURE PLAYER; with Shanti PSU. Trying Volumio and Moode palyers.. so far great results..
I'm calling my music files (FLAC/WAVE/DSD/MP3 and a bit online radios) over the network; chain goes this way: Minim Server in Computer - Bubble UPNP in android - to Volumio/Moode in USBridge. Everything works fine except the DSDs are breaking inbetween - may be bandwidth issues?
Allo is connected to LAN and computer connected over wifi.
I'm yet to test playing directly from USB/HDD connected to Allo.

Great. I'm using Chord 2Qute; rest my chain in my signature..
I've tried digione too.. finding usb is better for me

Update: I tried direct playback from usb drive connected to Allo - using moode; still some pauses are there in DSDs ... may be pendrive speed issues?

Update: I tried direct playback from usb drive connected to Allo - using moode; still some pauses are there in DSDs ... may be pendrive speed issues?

Unlikely.

I keep playing upto DSD128 on my USBridge without any stutter. The music is either on a pen drive directly connected to one of the USB ports of the USBridge, or a network drive connected to the USBridge via wired Ethernet. DAC is Khadas Tone Board (capable of DSD256, but I don't have any content higher than DSD128, so not tried anything higher).

What level of DSD file were you playing?

PS: I use Volumio

Last edited:
Got the usb sig recently. Get pops and crack sound from time to time. Using usb of chord mojo. May be a known issue, will have to wait’n see. Any idea if I can get rid of it thro some setting, w/out changing dac. Otherwise, it’s a fine streamer.

crack sound is regular interval or irregular interval? single channel or in both channel?

Both channels, don’t notice it mostly except during quiet passages or low volume or beginning of tracks, but sometimes, it gets annoying. i use Volumio, tried rune audio also, but same issue.

Update: my audio buffer size was set at 8MB, i changed it back to default 4mb; now less breaks, but still i'm getting 3-4 stops in a song.
-moode player

Unlikely.

I keep playing upto DSD128 on my USBridge without any stutter. The music is either on a pen drive directly connected to one of the USB ports of the USBridge, or a network drive connected to the USBridge via wired Ethernet. DAC is Khadas Tone Board (capable of DSD256, but I don't have any content higher than DSD128, so not tried anything higher).

What level of DSD file were you playing?

PS: I use Volumio

I think what i have is DSD 128; I've tested with Eagle, Hotel California; the file size for that one song is 265MB! i suspect my usb speed issues?

player: MoOde - latest version 6.4.2
CPU governor set to 'Performance'
Music buffer: 4096; - default minimum size (i tried increasing this to 8MB/16 and max, but issues still there)
I'm yet to test with a differnt USB stick/ hard drive. - I hope connecting an external SSD would solve this issue.
Network play: USBridge Sig is connected to LAN, but the switch is a basic one which Airtel broadband provided - not sure about any limitation on LAN bandwidth.
DSD over PCM = 'Yes' (I'm getting full res DSD only via this DoP route.
my DAC: Chord 2Qute
Attached screenshot of the playback info.

Attachments

• DSD moode 2 - DoP-YES.JPG
    DSD moode 2 - DoP-YES.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 34
Update: my audio buffer size was set at 8MB, i changed it back to default 4mb; now less breaks, but still i'm getting 3-4 stops in a song.
-moode player

My amp (Devialet 120) there is a streamer and I use ethernet cable to stream music or play from laptop but with high resolution and few songs it makes cracking sound. A good friend of mine was suggesting to get Allo signature model. I am bit worried about this cracking sound.
Is this happening for all or it is not common?

I think what i have is DSD 128; I've tested with Eagle, Hotel California; the file size for that one song is 265MB! i suspect my usb speed issues?

player: MoOde - latest version 6.4.2
CPU governor set to 'Performance'
Music buffer: 4096; - default minimum size (i tried increasing this to 8MB/16 and max, but issues still there)
I'm yet to test with a differnt USB stick/ hard drive. - I hope connecting an external SSD would solve this issue.
Network play: USBridge Sig is connected to LAN, but the switch is a basic one which Airtel broadband provided - not sure about any limitation on LAN bandwidth.
DSD over PCM = 'Yes' (I'm getting full res DSD only via this DoP route.
my DAC: Chord 2Qute
Attached screenshot of the playback info.

The screenshot shows the audio file as "DSD64".

Which device performs the conversion from DSD to PCM?

Is your DAC capable of natively decoding DSD? If yes, let it play DSD natively. This conversion from DSD to PCM is usually a processing intensive operation and needs better processing power than a RPi. My best guess is that the stutter is because of delays in real time conversion.

-moode player
Try with another usb source. I think the data transfer speed is slow.

The screenshot shows the audio file as "DSD64".

Which device performs the conversion from DSD to PCM?

Is your DAC capable of natively decoding DSD? If yes, let it play DSD natively. This conversion from DSD to PCM is usually a processing intensive operation and needs better processing power than a RPi. My best guess is that the stutter is because of delays in real time conversion.

I also think it might be the reason. External usb drives are fast enough to read 256mb in 3-4 mins of song duration. You should be able to play native dsd if linux driver supports your dac in native dsd. Pls go through this.

The DSD's are playing fine from my externally powered HDD on USBridge Signature.
nice, which dac? and is it plays via DoP?
btw; Externally powered HDD means those 3.5" desktop backup drives - which has a power adapter right?

Back