Allo USBRIDGE SIGNATURE Player - Owners Thread

I've compared the two extensively. Playing from HDD beats NAS on all counts: better focus, better sound stage, more detail. I believe the sq will improve even more with a better hdd cable and replacement by SSD.
Caveat: There appears to be a limit on the folder size on the hdd. I wouldn't go beyond 1tb
This is interesting, thanks for sharing.. though i couldn't figureout much difference in my first test.. will do a more detailed one.

Yes same file through hdd is better than on nas. Moreover playing through upnp is strict no. Wav file will also be better. Convert all your flacs to wav connected locally to allo devices. Placement of allo devices also affect sound depending on what base its placed. I place it on top of my dac which gives some sense of isolation. Do not hide it assuming its small. Actually its true for all devices. Dont put them in closed spaces.
Thanks for sharing your views.. I prefered upnp route for easy access and control.. also i couldn't find much difference with HDD/USB plugged in v/s upnp. Also interesting finding on WAV over FLAC... good that most of my recent rips are in WAV. Placement: while I agree on a proper placement, i wouldn't recommend placing it (or anything) on top of the DAC.
Are you guys also using the Shanti LPS power supply?

this seems a pretty bad restriction for a streamer. Is it a hardware issue with the Signature version? The older one didn’t have any such problems
I don't think there are any restrictions as such.. but what i heard is that, they recommed no loads to be connected to ALLO - to get it max performance. Since we all are looking for the quality of output - i think it make sense to follow that..
Adding an external powered HDD to usb might be a good idea.. but there are discussions over the SSD swiching and also the direct USB connection still have some interference issues... have to check/ test these in details.

The recent versions of Volumio have lots of mpd bugs with dropouts, crashing of library etc. I flashed Moode yesterday and it has been smooth sailing so far. Give it a try. You can download directly from the Moode website itself.
I also faced lot of issues with latest volumio update, fortunately I had an older image of volumio on my laptop, switched back to the older image and got everything working perfectly again.

cool. got it.. How do you compare that HDD setup vs pendrive and also how about network/upnp play..
I predominantly use HDD playback only. Have not noticed any audible differences running the same of pen drives.
Network playback is not comparable to direct play.
Direct playback of youtube via plugin also sounds better than streaming youtube from laptop to Volumio.
However there are issues with the youtube plugin owing to some quota issues. Sometime works, and sometime does not

I predominantly use HDD playback only. Have not noticed any audible differences running the same of pen drives.
Network playback is not comparable to direct play.
Direct playback of youtube via plugin also sounds better than streaming youtube from laptop to Volumio.
However there are issues with the youtube plugin owing to some quota issues. Sometime works, and sometime does not
Cool thank you for your comments. Let me try this route.. so using an externally powered HDD is the best option right?

Not getting sound from Usbridge sig. Tried both volumio and moode. Only onboard device showing, chord mojo not shown under mpd. tried another dac also. Dont know what i am missing.

USBridge signature detecting usb dac thro front USB port With moode audio and plays fine. Any guidance on how to make rear clean power usb to detect the Dac will be appreciated. Also, how can I factory reset the device.

USBridge signature detecting usb dac thro front USB port With moode audio and plays fine. Any guidance on how to make rear clean power usb to detect the Dac will be appreciated. Also, how can I factory reset the device.
You are having power issues fot the digione board is what it looks like. How are you powering the daughter board?

You are having power issues fot the digione board is what it looks like. How are you powering the daughter board?

Exactly what I thought once I read the latest post. And that was the reason earlier the chord dac not showing up in the list.

Hi, Thank you Kannan and Rikav, By daughter board you mean, Digione stack? I only have the usbridge sig, powered thro supplied usb 5v adaptor. Any chance of hard/factory reset?

Hi, Thank you Kannan and Rikav, By daughter board you mean, Digione stack? I only have the usbridge sig, powered thro supplied usb 5v adaptor. Any chance of hard/factory reset?

Yes , in your case the usbridge signature board, which is the daughter board.
Instead of doing factory reset will you be comfortable disassembling the cabinet and check if daughter board is connected properly and just press it ever so slightly towards the raspberry pi

Incase this also does not work your factory reset should be in settings / system
This is how it is in volumio. Not used moode since ages now but should be similar

Yes , in your case the usbridge signature board, which is the daughter board.
Instead of doing factory reset will you be comfortable disassembling the cabinet and check if daughter board is connected properly and just press it ever so slightly towards the raspberry pi

Incase this also does not work your factory reset should be in settings / system
This is how it is in volumio. Not used moode since ages now but should be similar
Thanks, will try both options and get back. (In moode, don’t see any option under settings, will try volumio).

I also faced lot of issues with latest volumio update, fortunately I had an older image of volumio on my laptop, switched back to the older image and got everything working perfectly again.

On the contrary, although I am a Digione user, the older image of volumio stopped working properly with TIDAL forcing me to upgrade volumio to latest 2.7 version. So far its holding. I am on the MyVolumio Virtuoso plan that allows using TIDAL.

Hi, logged into SSH and shared the info to the Allo team and they agree it is a power issue with the Board and promised to replace it. Thank you both Kannan and Rikhav,.

With Mac mini, I am able to use Audirvana and get audio thro upnp to usbridge, but moode/volumio airplay does not work from Mac , when I want to just route audio to usbridge, though it can be selected from audio settings. (Airplay works from iPad). Using mid 2011 Mac mini which is compatible with airplay. Has anyone tried this. Anything i am missing here?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back