Amazon prime videos launching in India

ItsMe

The content is good. But, the way it has been grouped IMO isn't great.

It had to be on the lines of Hotstar or Netflix.Hope they learn this soon.

Also, other providers should keep the plan rate as Amazon 1000/- per year is amazing. They have become the "JIO" of streaming services in India. :p

Cheers!

I believe that the content on the indian amazon prime videos would be censored?! can anyone validate this?

Yes, it is censored.
Really...!! Do you mean any sex scenes or F word use is censored... Could you give any example of the shows you watched?? I was watching Grand Tour few days ago and lots of F word were there without any mute...
This is just to confirm ...so that I better don't waste my time watching shows on Amazon Prime... Because I really hate censoring!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I saw Transparent. They blurred the nude scenes. I watched the same show on Amazon Video US and nothing was censored.

After that, I have stopped watching English shows on India Amazon Prime Video. I watch them on US Amazon Video.

I saw Transparent. They blurred the nude scenes. I watched the same show on Amazon Video US and nothing was censored.

After that, I have stopped watching English shows on India Amazon Prime Video. I watch them on US Amazon Video.
I just checked that they really blurred the breasts from the first scene in Transparent season 1 :-(( What a bummer!! I guess I will no more continue with Amazon Prime India subscription at all when it ends!! I'll better susbcribe a costlier US one then .... If Netflix also starts doing this, that will be huge disappointment!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I feel netflix also does the same. Watched wolf of wall street last day, and almost all nude scenes were censored it seems

I believe that these are the norms that these companies have been instructed to follow by our authorities. So amazon and netflix would have no option in India. The same applies to all the TV channels. I support censoring of content on TV, as toddlers and kids have easy access to TV, and there is always a chance that they might stumble upon some adult or violent content.

I have watched Californication in both Amazon Prime (India) and Netflix India. While Prime blurs the chest of women, Netflix shows as it is.. no censorship..

I have watched Striptease in Prime, there was no such blurring.. so it may or may not do the blurring, but chances are there that it will in Prime..

BTW, any easy method to watch Prime in my TV? What is suggested and less cumbersome apart from easy to use and cheap..

Can anyone confirm whether HD casting is possible using Chrome extension plus Chromecast

I have once tried casting Amazon Prime Videos via chrome browser & th PQ was pathetic. APV doses not support google cast for now. I just bought a LG 4K Smart TV & it has a built-in APV app & the PQ is top notch, FHD 1080p with great sound. yet to find any 4k content on APV.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back