An affordable but almost perfect matching rear surround speakers for for my AV receiver Yamaha HTR3066

I owned Monitor Audio BXFX surround speakers, to my opinion they sound better than book shelf as far as surround sound experience concerned. Placement is easier than book shelf as can be directly mounted on wall without any shelf. For your budget Wharfdale have wall mounted surround speakers. Just check hi-fi mart for details. May be within your budget also.
Thanks.. I will check..

Boston acoustic A26 is bigger for surround i believe.Check for the spec and dimension before placing an order.
If you plan BA A26 then think about mounting options.If it is swivel mounting stand it will protrude from wall again about 1 - 2 inches from wall.
I own A25 for surround & SB for primary setup it is next downgrade model of A26 ( it fixed with swivel stand and protruded from wall )
Have you seen the speaker size of A26 ? i own a pair of BA 26 for my secondary setup serves as front LR.
If you have enough space then blindly go ahead only if your AVR can drive those puppies.
Performance wise VFM IMO.
All the best
You are right. BA-A26 is a very good speaker but it is too bigger than I thought. I have got it's dimensions from Amazon. So I am in little bit confusion...

Most of us at the end of day is looking for the right speaker which can produce better and clear sound.....

thumb rule for a good speaker you need to keep in mind

1. Ensure the speaker has a high sensitivity above 88db..this will put less effort for the amp or avr to push sound....
  2. ensure the selected speaker delivers all or most of all frequencies between 20hz and 20khz....the more closer / lower to 20hz means more bass and more closer or higher to 20khz means better highs and clarity....
  3. Very essential to note the impedance of the speaker....typically 6 ohms or 8 ohms.....8 ohms is better (my personal opinion and most in the audiophile world use the same).
  4. Looks of the speakers should be the least of concerns, you need to ensure placement, size, performance and compatibility with your amp or avr...
Audition and decide.....don't rush....seek feedback...see some youtube videos to get a rough idea......

All the best
Thanks bro..
New information.. sensitivity... Thanks.. I will check...
Impedance noted... Speaker size also is a problem. BA-A26 is a good speaker and sensitivity is 89. But its size is bigger than I thought. Thanks for the advice from one of the active member.
And 1 more information got from MaSh that if me have surrounds, be it small or big, keep them and upgrade my Fronts, Center and Sub.

I am not so good in these matters. So I am trying to upgrade myself to make a good HT system in my home.

You are right. BA-A26 is a very good speaker but it is too bigger than I thought. I have got it's dimensions from Amazon. So I am in little bit confusion...
And my AVR is Yamaha HTR 3066 and has an out put of 100watts/ch.... Polk OWM 3 and BA-A26 can handle 200watts. Does it make any performance issues.

I owned Monitor Audio BXFX surround speakers, to my opinion they sound better than book shelf as far as surround sound experience concerned. Placement is easier than book shelf as can be directly mounted on wall without any shelf. For your budget Wharfdale have wall mounted surround speakers. Just check hi-fi mart for details. May be within your budget also.
Found WH-DFS in HiFi Mart... Rs 19,000 for pair. Seems good. But impedance is 6 ohm and sensitivity is 86 db. My AVR Yamaha HTR-3066 is maching for 8 ohm impedance speakers. One of our member advised that sensitivity should be more than 88db.

OWM3 is good as surround, has versatile mounting options. Better than T15 in my opinion.

OMG 3 is good. Rs 12,000 for pair. And smaller than BA-A26. My Tv room is not so big. So it's a better option. But now, as per the advise from some of the HiFi members, I am planning to change my front tower speakers. But not now...Budget related issues....

You could try OLX or put them in another room of the house. You can consider any of the suggested Book Shelves from Polk, BA, Elac, etc. for your front speakers. You could check the For Sale section too for some nice deals.

MaSh
Now I am seriously thinking to change my front tower speakers... Searching sites for a better option. Can I get a good pair of front towers within the budget of Rs 25,000.

Most of us at the end of day is looking for the right speaker which can produce better and clear sound.....

thumb rule for a good speaker you need to keep in mind

1. Ensure the speaker has a high sensitivity above 88db..this will put less effort for the amp or avr to push sound....
  2. ensure the selected speaker delivers all or most of all frequencies between 20hz and 20khz....the more closer / lower to 20hz means more bass and more closer or higher to 20khz means better highs and clarity....
  3. Very essential to note the impedance of the speaker....typically 6 ohms or 8 ohms.....8 ohms is better (my personal opinion and most in the audiophile world use the same).
  4. Looks of the speakers should be the least of concerns, you need to ensure placement, size, performance and compatibility with your amp or avr...
Audition and decide.....don't rush....seek feedback...see some youtube videos to get a rough idea......

All the best
Now I am seriously thinking to change my front tower speakers... Searching sites for a better option. Can I get a good pair of front towers within the budget of Rs 25,000.

IMHO Taga high end models are good......there is a dedicated Taga owners thread....check there for actual feedback

Got 5 models:
BA- CS260......... Rs 19,000/pair
BA-A250............ Rs 31,900/pair
BA-A360............ Rs 38,900/pair

Polk-T50........... Rs 35,930/pair
polk-S50........... Rs 37,909/pair

Budget wise.. no issues with BA-CS 260. But BA-A250, rate is pretty high but can handle if I confirmed. Other 3 are with much higher rates but temptation to own a good floor standing speaker also growing up.

Total confusion. And I am planning to use my Yamaha 8390 as rear surrounds.

Got 5 models:
BA- CS260......... Rs 19,000/pair
BA-A250............ Rs 31,900/pair
BA-A360............ Rs 38,900/pair

Polk-T50........... Rs 35,930/pair
polk-S50........... Rs 37,909/pair

Budget wise.. no issues with BA-CS 260. But BA-A250, rate is pretty high but can handle if I confirmed. Other 3 are with much higher rates but temptation to own a good floor standing speaker also growing up.

Total confusion. And I am planning to use my Yamaha 8390 as rear surrounds.
Any suggestions... Pls help....

The rate for T50 is too high. It is 23k as per profx MRP. Some discount expected.

I don't think T50 or cs260 will be significant upgrade over Yamaha 8390. Try for a360 or s50.

Yes boston a360 is definitely a good upgrade over your existing speakers as i am using the a360 and iam very happy with its performance, if you spent some more for a360 you can get full dynamics ,deep bass and room filling sound..but this is the big and heavy speakers in physical size..

Yes boston a360 is definitely a good upgrade over your existing speakers as i am using the a360 and iam very happy with its performance, if you spent some more for a360 you can get full dynamics ,deep bass and room filling sound..but this is the big and heavy speakers in physical size..
Thanks... My AVR is Yamaha 3066. Can it drive A360 perfectly... AVR's o/p is 100watts/ch. But A360 has 200watts... Any issues...?

The rate for T50 is too high. It is 23k as per profx MRP. Some discount expected.

I don't think T50 or cs260 will be significant upgrade over Yamaha 8390. Try for a360 or s50.
Thanks... Noted... Trying to increase my budget. .

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back