Any News about LG Infinia LE8500 ?

kapilg

Hey guys,

Does anyone know when is LG LE8500 coming to India. LE9500 has already been launched, however there is no information about LE8500 !!! What is the expected time and price for this ?

Best regards

I don't think LE8500 is going to be launched in India. A recent AV Max issue mentioned about LE8900 and 46 inches TV of this TV was mentioned to be about 1.5 Lakhs. But no news about this also in market. Nobody knows what TVs are going to be launched. LG wants to push only its Jazz series of LCD tvs nothing else.

Who heck will buy 46 LE9500 for a market price of 2 Lakhs. I am sure sony when it will launch its 3D TV will be a lot lesser than this. LG has got its pricing wrong for its latest LED tvs this year.

As per my understanding and information, the pricing should be around 1.3L !! But no idea about timing.

As per LG spec sheet LE8500 will not be launched in India. Even the LG guys I spoke to backed this up. What a shame. It is one of the best LED from LG. Other models have received very bad reviews.

As per LG spec sheet LE8500 will not be launched in India. Even the LG guys I spoke to backed this up. What a shame. It is one of the best LED from LG. Other models have received very bad reviews.

I wouldnt be so upset about this. Coz even when they release it in India, they will be sure to rip off all the good features and just sell a screen. Well, even the panel could be of another make.

I wouldnt be so upset about this. Coz even when they release it in India, they will be sure to rip off all the good features and just sell a screen. Well, even the panel could be of another make.

Yes, stripping off features is what they did with PK550. Not sure of LCD/LED models.

Google for various LCD/LED reviews. Will try and post some links later on today. I have seen 2009 /2010 Samsung LCDs and they perform much better for the given price.

I just scanned through ToI. Nothing there.

Review links:
http://www.hifivision.com/television/10613-lg-50pk550r-owners-discussion-thread-35.html#post159091

Posted in PK550 owner's thread. My mistake.

Just found this link:
http://tech2.in.com/india/reviews/tvs-hifi-tv/lg-47-le8500-infinia-lcd-tv/120042/1

It was reviewed back in April and now it's July. Quotes 1.75L for 47"er. Hmm, that's a steep price. Spend much less for Panasonic 50" V20 and a bit more for 50" V25.

Think I'll wait for 3D to establish itself (not interested) and OLED to catch up :) Next 8 years, 5 maybe if we are lucky.

Last edited:
There is a full page ad. On top 42LE8500 is displayed. And below is 42LE7500 and 32LE7500.

I am myself looking for a LG TV. PK550 is not available here. The other one I am looking for is 47LH90 (Compareindia is showing some juicy price for that set).

I just scanned through ToI. Nothing there.

Review links:
http://www.hifivision.com/television/10613-lg-50pk550r-owners-discussion-thread-35.html#post159091

Posted in PK550 owner's thread. My mistake.

Just found this link:
LG 47 LE8500 INFINIA LCD TV > Reviews > HiFi & TV > TVs > Tech2.com India

It was reviewed back in April and now it's July. Quotes 1.75L for 47"er. Hmm, that's a steep price. Spend much less for Panasonic 50" V20 and a bit more for 50" V25.

Think I'll wait for 3D to establish itself (not interested) and OLED to catch up :) Next 8 years, 5 maybe if we are lucky.

I completely agree with you. dont understand why is there such hoopla about 3D TVs....even if you are able to buy one where is the CONTENT you would want to watch!!!!

Indian producers will anyways take another 5 years to completely shift to HD production & ultimately broadcast to us. DOnt know when they will even think about 3D..

LG PK950 is now availiable in India, read review two days back in economic times. The model to be sold here is 60" and quoted MRP is 1.6 lacs so we can expect the set to be available between 1.35 to 1.40 lacs initially.

So is this the successor to the LG LH90? That was one seriously good tv that they didnt market properly.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back