Any recommendation on a simple Setup

joulesbuad

Newbie here.

I'd like to have a simple setup purely for music @ home.

- An AV receiver scalable for 5.1
- A 3 way floor standing.

All under 30K.
Location Bangalore.

Any help/recommendations on models and dealers is welcome. :)

Norge 2060 integrated amp with Mission m34i, 7.5+18=25.5k/
The former is a 2 channel/stereo amp. It will serve you better for music. You will need about about 1k for speaker wires.
What about your source?

if you want it purely for music then a simple stereo setup will be better within the budget. i would suggest you go for 2 bookshelves instead of floorstanders. at that price point you will get better sound quality from bookshelves. check out the wharfedales. not sure what price the kef iq series is or the monitor audio bronze - if in your budget then those are good as well. once you decide on speakers then you try get an amp to match.

Norge 2060 integrated amp with Mission m34i, 7.5+18=25.5k/

Of all the m3i series only m35i is stated as 3 way. I don't know the cost of it, but IMO, a 3 way FS will itself easily swallow 30k - let alone the receiver, cables, etc.

If joulesbaud is also looking for a source within in this budget, then as spiro said only a HTiB will suit.

Sony, Philips, LG, Samsung,... the list goes on!

why do you want a 5.1 AVR for music? Get a stereo amp and speakers. If you get the Missions with their 92 dB sensitivity, you can even considering picking up a Topping TP20 tripath amplifier from ebay for 4000 bucks and sticking the Mission M35is at the other end of it and getting something that will satisfy your requirements for music.

Newbie here.

All under 30K.
Location Bangalore.

Absolute VFM = Norge 2060 + Norge Bookshelves (< 20k)
OR
Norge 2060 + Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 (@ 24K)
OR
if you have no space restrictions,
Norge 1000 Concerto Gold + Norge Tower (@ 35k)

Check Norge website.

Newbie here.

All under 30K.
Location Bangalore.

Hi Joulesbuad,
If your room size is not larger than 12 feet x 15 feet then any floorstander will sound boomy in lower bass frequecies. It must have been clear to you by now, irrespective of room size, your budget of 30k would only allow Norge 1000 and Wharfe 9.2... which is quite good sounding from 45Hz to upper limit of your hearing. I own this combo. Even in 16 feet x 18 feet room, I don't feel need for FS, in bass heavy songs.

As far as scalability to 5.1 is concerned, when budget permits, you should go for a 5.1 AVR and Whafe Diamond 9 series Center + surround spkrs and Whrafe SW 150 sub to match with 9.2 (they would act as fronts).

Regds,

why do you want a 5.1 AVR for music? Get a stereo amp and speakers. If you get the Missions with their 92 dB sensitivity, you can even considering picking up a Topping TP20 tripath amplifier from ebay for 4000 bucks and sticking the Mission M35is at the other end of it and getting something that will satisfy your requirements for music.

Topping can drive the m35i's to a decent volume???
And I was asking if it would be able to drive iaudio's m33i's :p on your other thread..

Kaustubh,
I am sorry I must have missed that. I havent got the Tp20 yet to confirm. I think it should since Missions are quite sensitive. Only hitch may be my 200 sq ft room.
Titus

Kaustubh,
I am sorry I must have missed that. I havent got the Tp20 yet to confirm. I think it should since Missions are quite sensitive. Only hitch may be my 200 sq ft room.
Titus

mine's almost 250 :) btw wouldn't using it for m35i be stretching it?? does only sensitivity matter and not the number of drivers? will the topping drive the m35i, m33i to similar loudness levels?

I am not sure about the m35i with its 3 drivers, though the power handling is 25-150w and sensitivity is good at 92 db. I would rather play it safe and go for a Norge 2060 or a used amp with 40-50 wpc. It depends on the volume levels you need. You could try the topping tp20 at Rs.4k and if insufficient use it to power a small pair of bookshelves as your aux system sometime later.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back