Any reviews on LG50PB6600

gp_freak

Hi Friends, planning for another TV in my family. I just got 950A for my home as my Top priority was best PQ from a Non plasma Tv with a Budget of 100k.

Now the requirement is most bang for Bucks in terms of Size with Full HD and internet. The only TV which I was able to narrow down was the LG6600 in 50 inches which is a plasma.

The Budget is 60 K max.

Requirements are

1. Full HD
  2. Internet
  3. 3D or No 3D cos i don't care
  4. Max Screen Size
  5. Plasma/LED/LED-LCD. Again i don't care.
  6. Price- 60k Max. Very important not to over shoot this.
  7. Black emphasis not required much as there will be no dark room vieweing.

Panasonic AS630 was offered at 50 K for 42 inches and LG6600 was offered for 54 k for 50 Inches.

No sony 6 or 7 series as they are breaching the budget limit. IPS panels are preferred as there are kids at home who can scale walls and refrigerators :eek:hyeah:

There will be no full dark room viewing. But yes, light can be controlled, but will not be switched off.

The Use of the Tv shall be for the following.

1. Tvs/Serials through videocon HD DTH
  2. Computer Monitor
  3. HT Display
  4. Occasional Gaming.
  5. All sort of movie quality will be played through PC.

This is replacing a 32 inch NON HD LG Plasma. Cheers Guys. Please suggest ASAP.

Sorry for the long post.

LG 50PB6600 Plasma is a better choice... It has 3 HDMI Inputs, FHD screen & No 3D.... Dont worry abt lighting... They will not affect you watching experience unless & until you have very big windows against your TV...

Otherwise they should juz work fine...

LG 50PB6600 Plasma is a better choice... It has 3 HDMI Inputs, FHD screen & No 3D.... Dont worry abt lighting... They will not affect you watching experience unless & until you have very big windows against your TV...

Otherwise they should juz work fine...

Yes, that is not a worry. The lighting can be controlled.

But Freak keep that in mind Plasma's are in end of its life cycle :sad:

Agreed. But in 2 or 3 years, even the current LED-LCD models will become obsolete. So at least its good to have a cheap 50 inch plasma and when LG says they cannot repair it, we can think about replacement.

I don't need to worry much because this is after all a cheap plasma and not the Sammy 8500 which I wanted to buy for my living room. ;-)

PB6600 is a good choice given your requirements,since the screen size and the price is a constraint i dont think there are many options,besides AFAIK its a 2014 model too,and dont forget to purchase additional warranties which shall secure it for the future.also enquire about the replacement policy.

Sammy f5100 a good alternative. but too late you already got it. Initially i started to think of getting this lg model, but not many positive views / not negative as well. just that this is not one of those talked about models, but sammy 51f something is. so i m thinking of getting that one. how is this tv btw? I heard the sound quality is not good?
also, what did you pay for it?

Sammy f5100 a good alternative. but too late you already got it. Initially i started to think of getting this lg model, but not many positive views / not negative as well. just that this is not one of those talked about models, but sammy 51f something is. so i m thinking of getting that one. how is this tv btw? I heard the sound quality is not good?
also, what did you pay for it?

Paid 53 k. Samsung could not beat this TV in cost and that is why It was bought. For PQ, Sony 950A will do it role ;-)

Sound is never a thing to be looked at when buying a Tv. If you seriously think that the TV lacks sound, just get some USB powered speakers for 300 bucks and connect it to the 3.5 mm jack in TV. For powering it, you can get a 2-1 USB converter cable to meet power demand or just get a 150 bucks mobile charger and connect the speaker USB cable. You would never take a second look at the sound bar.

But for your question, the LG is running along with couple of Bookshelf speakers powered by a very old Onkyo AVR :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
So here are the pics of the LG plasma. May be the first in the forum I guess:D

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 171
Did u get it online ? Our local dealers in Kerala quotes 58k at the lowest for this.

Also, how are the black levels? They go deep, or just grey like Samsung budget plasma's?

Can you please give the power consumption figures from the manual because it's not available in any of literature online.
I am planning to buythis very model from Flipkart, so any of your suggestions for this LG will be very much appreciated.
Did you bought it online or from some local dealer,what was the money you had to spend on it.
As from the pics the brightness appears to be a bit compromised, any comments on that aspect.
Have you thought of connectig it wirelessly for internet through dongle.
Please do reply.
As i wanted to hear from someone actually using this tv.

Also, how are the black levels? They go deep, or just grey like Samsung budget plasma's?

Can you please give the power consumption figures from the manual because it's not available in any of literature online.
I am planning to buythis very model from Flipkart, so any of your suggestions for this LG will be very much appreciated.
Did you bought it online or from some local dealer,what was the money you had to spend on it.
As from the pics the brightness appears to be a bit compromised, any comments on that aspect.
Have you thought of connectig it wirelessly for internet through dongle.
Please do reply.
As i wanted to hear from someone actually using this tv.

Guys, please understand that this is a Budget TV and currently its under the break in period. So it has been toned down. Btw, never ever decide picture quality of a TV by snaps. This was taken with a mobile and mobile camera software automatically processes the image. It looks far better in person.

But blacks don't go deep. You get what you pay for. Its just half the cost of 46W950A.
Its bought in a local store and connected through LAN Cable now. The Dongle is provided free of cost in US for this model, but here in India, we need to pay. Had sent a stinker to LG. But what to do, we Indians are always taken for a ride and given third-class treatment when it comes to any products when compared to other countries.

I will provide a detailed review in a couple of Days.

Power consumption and the price??
It would be a real help to me.
Did you purchased it online??

Buddy... Please take sometime to read what has been discussed from the first post & try to understand if there are any inputs... The poster @gp_freak has clearly mentioned the price & the place where he bought it...

As far as power consumption is concerned, Plasma would consume a lil higher than LED TV of the same size... But that shouldnt bother you very much if you are really interested in Plasma TV...

My younger brother has been using LG plasma for more than 4 years & i have never heard him complain that electricity bills are higher...

The only reason I am asking for the power consumption figures is there total absence on any source,even the official LG website,they too are even giving the satndby fgures as 0.3W,no more no less.
So as a matter of curiosity I wanted to know the figures,as though they are excruciatingly high for pocket,which I think they might be as because of the hiding phenomenon most of the plasma making companiies adopt to these days,to not break the sales of plasmas as compared to that of their LED counterparts.
Only source left is the user manual which obviously i don't now.
Any idea wheter there would be a fall in price of this model on Flipkart on the upcoming 6th big billion sale???
Or should I wait uptill two or three days before diwali,to allow the offers to grow max as i suppose?
Also can you pass me on some negotiation techniques if go and buy from a local dealer or LG authorised shops to crack a Phadoo deal.
Evrery penny saved would be good.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back