Any single malt afficionados here?

This is my small collection of single malt and few blended and wines.
Hiding at back is Oban, Amrut and woodford reserve bourbon.
411609e5f1c40fe8c5d2517c33d08711.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Nice collection :)

Does anyone know if retail stores selling 1000ml imported scotch are real or fake ? Bought Cardhu 12yrs 1000ml from Spencer's Kolkata for 5.8K few months back (now 8K), is it fake or real ? Seal and label looks fine though but I doubt if it's original. Haven't opened the bottle yet so can't say from taste although if I taste it, I can tell. Just wanted to know what you think.

Nice collection :)

Does anyone know if retail stores selling 1000ml imported scotch are real or fake ? Bought Cardhu 12yrs 1000ml from Spencer's Kolkata for 5.8K few months back (now 8K), is it fake or real ? Seal and label looks fine though but I doubt if it's original. Haven't opened the bottle yet so can't say from taste although if I taste it, I can tell. Just wanted to know what you think.
Should be fine but depends on the source. Generally it's the most popular like Johnny Walker or Chivas get fakes. Doesn't make economic sense to do for rarer ones.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

When Glenfiddich (18 yo), Glenlivet, Paul John and Cao Ila bottomed out on me, it was time for fresh spirits.

Cardhu and Amrut Fusion make it home. :)

Had a bunch of nice malts this past week in the US-Strathisla(excellent), Dalmore 15 and Regalis( latter is excellent), Aberlour Cask Strength, and to come a Balvenie( I like many of their bottlings, esepcially their 18 year old), Caol Isla, and a couple more.

Two excellent gins are the Tanqueray Rangpur Lime and the Botanist( real premium stuff)

I'm in Dubai and travelling back this afternoon. Have the luxury of buying 8 ltrs of Single Malt. Which duty free is cheaper? Dubai or Delhi?

Cheaper or not- I would advise to get from Dubai rather than Delhi. You will be assured of the good, original stuff !

Don't know about Delhi, but I find prices at Dubai and Mumbai Airports to be roughly similar, and usually end up buying standard stuff like Black Label or Chivas or Jack Daniels at Mumbai, to save the trouble of lugging it around.

But in the case of SMs, Dubai offers more variety.

Cheers

Thanks guys. Was left with 5 grand AED. Just back from Gold Suk. It sucks. What I was carrying is peanuts. Left with 500 odd. Want to pick up some Single Malt. Let me see what I can manage here. Rest of them, I can buy from Delhi Airport swiping my card, which is more expensive if in Dubai. I got AEDs from my Bank at significantly lesser cost. That's is why I preferred to pay by cash at Gold Suk.

Recently had the pleasure of having Singleton single malt. real nice.
also had devar's blended, it would beat many a single malts.

Thanks guys. Was left with 5 grand AED. Just back from Gold Suk. It sucks. What I was carrying is peanuts. Left with 500 odd. Want to pick up some Single Malt. Let me see what I can manage here. Rest of them, I can buy from Delhi Airport swiping my card, which is more expensive if in Dubai. I got AEDs from my Bank at significantly lesser cost. That's is why I preferred to pay by cash at Gold Suk.

Sir,

I do not know if you have had Grand Old Parr..... its a 12 year Blend which is very highly rated. Most of the stock goes to Japan, and it is unavailable in its birthplace, the UK. It is sold at very select places, Dubai Duty Free being one of them. It goes for about AED 144. Maybe you would like to read up on it and give it a try.

Cheers

Highly recommend the Hibiki. Very smooth!
Picture from Christmas/New Year holiday season earlier this year.

15781402_10154828672382618_2775421748773831114_n.jpg

Hibiki is a good blended whisky, Yamazaki is also another very good malt.

I got to sample a couple of SMs yesterday, Oban ( a Diageo brand), very smooth and mellow, a real classic and definitely one of the best that I have sampled, followed The Balvenie 14 year old Caribbean Cask, the latter not in the same class as the former.

The journey continues!

Hi George,

Great to see you enjoying your trip!
While you are stateside take a sampling of the local bourbons or whiskeys.

Buffalo Trace or Forty Creek are nice for easy drinking.
Try out Templeton's Rye (supposedly Al Capone's favorite tipple)

Jefferson's Ocean and/or Jefferson's Reserve ... top class.
Jefferson's Presidential might be on par with a Pappy Van Winkles Family Reserve 20yr. Expensive too!

Regards.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back