Any single malt afficionados here?

Had Yamazaki, 12 yr old, smooth as silk, followed by Auchentoshan 12 yr old, which compared very poorly with Yamazaki. Finally one of the Glen variants which was reasonably palatable. Made in Japan hit my smooth spot!

Glenlivet Solet's Vatted, has the hint of wine fragrance. Now to shift and sample some nice gins , The Botanist and Brooklyn are on my next set of samplers. I'm partial to good gins even back home.

Had Yamazaki, 12 yr old, smooth as silk, followed by Auchentoshan 12 yr old, which compared very poorly with Yamazaki. Finally one of the Glen variants which was reasonably palatable. Made in Japan hit my smooth spot!
If you like Japanese single malts try this too.
YOICHI SINGLE MALT | NIKKA WHISKY

Excellent whiskey, unfortunately not easily available in any duty free except if you are in Japan.

The Yamazaki is good but loved the Suntory 17 year old. Had it a long time ago so cant remember the specifics.

Have to catch up on tasting some fine single malts and report. Have Auchentoshan and Bunnahabain on hand, will try and report soonest..

Never tried Auchentoshan but Bunnahabhain is one of my favorites. It is really good whiskey that's not ridiculously expensive. Not the smoothest out there but incredible flavour.

I tried smokehead last weekend and it's nice. Typical Islay malt, so smoky but still quite smooth. Some of my friends who typically don't like the smoky ones also appreciated this.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Had a shot of The Arran 14 yr old. Nothing to write home about, especially after the super Taiwanese stuff. Produce of Scotland is of variable quality..

There are different variants of Kavalan, and the alcohol content varies. The price also varies. The normal strength is sold at Costco for around $110, whereas the significantly stronger cask strength is more expensive.. exceptionally good stuff..

Had some Glen Grant 10 YO last night. Nice fruity Speyside, and very smooth. Amongst the best 10 year olds I've tasted.

I tried smokehead last weekend and it's nice. Typical Islay malt, so smoky but still quite smooth. Some of my friends who typically don't like the smoky ones also appreciated this.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Missed this post earlier - Apparently Smokehead is 7-8yr Ardbeg with a dash of 10+ year old. If you get Ardbeg for the same price, you might as well pick that instead.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back