• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Any single malt afficionados here?

coaltrain

amrut... chosen by jim murray for his whisky bible definitely makes the cut
Surprising you should mention Jim Murray. His Asian whisky of 2018 is a Paul John variant. Haven’t tried that particular one though.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

asliarun

You nailed it. Exactly my thoughts too. Only, I'm not sure of the huge class difference between the Bowmore and Lagavulin.
Thanks. Lagavulin 16 is certainly more popular with most people and reviewers. But personally it has been a while since I had it, so I cannot say with a lot of authority if Bowmore 10 is significantly inferior. I can say it is different and has it's own character.

And truth be told, i am more that curious to try older aged versions of Bowmore. Ot has so much character that I am sure a 12 or 16 year version will taste even better.

I feel that Glenfarclas 12 is a similar underappreciated whiskey.

Last edited:

captrajesh

Staff member
I am not an expert by any means but to me Paul John Brilliance is better than Amrut Fusion.
Classic case of the oft said phrase: To each, his own.

I had recently called on an old friend after a long time and was delighted when he offered Paul John. It's good but nothing special is the first thought that came to mind. Need to pick up my own bottle for multiple sessions to come to a definite conclusion.

all4music

from past few years - every new year eve celebration has been all about enjoying some good drink with some great company [friends and music].
this year we had Dalmore 12 years with us. usually i've found single malt whiskeys to be little hard compared blended whiskeys but not this one. it was way smoother and almost sweet.

other recent acquaintance is Ardbeg 10 years. it was a shocker and surprise. when we first opened the bottle the super smokey nature threw us off guard and but later on it was all smooth and vanilla.

SPONSORED ADS