Any single malt afficionados here?

latest addition to my whisky collection: (mostly Single Malts)

Just curious to see what people have picked up and enjoyed (or hated) recently. My most recent addition
in the process of replenishing my bar cabinet, i have acquired these in my recent trips to Macau and Dubai.

All the 750ml bottles from Total Wine & More US. (got thru relatives traveling from US)

One liter bottles are from duty free shops.

Expecting few more in the next week.. will update.
Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Superb Krishna! Some really nice ones in there!

For me the Glenmorangie/Glenlivets are nice in the summer.
Prefer the bold smoky single malts for the cool winter season.

Cheers!

latest addition to my whisky collection: (mostly Single Malts)

Just curious to see what people have picked up and enjoyed (or hated) recently. My most recent addition
in the process of replenishing my bar cabinet, i have acquired these in my recent trips to Macau and Dubai.

All the 750ml bottles from Total Wine & More US. (got thru relatives traveling from US)

One liter bottles are from duty free shops.

Expecting few more in the next week.. will update.
Cheers!!!

Whoa!!
This raises the "bar" on whiskey collections.
Cheers,
Raghu

Recently received a Balvenie 16 from a friend in Taiwan, amazingly smooth and sweet.

4gwpc2G
a8b02ab6-8de3-4e50-b34d-8d803cad8c8d.jpeg

Last edited:
My wife recently vacationed in Bhutan with friends and she brought these Single Malts home for me from Kolkatta duty free.
Actually I asked her to get four different kind of spirits which are not in my collection... she bought these because there was an offer going on... buy two get xxx discount.
women!!!

20190629_211051[1].jpg

20190629_211138[1].jpg

My wife recently vacationed in Bhutan with friends and she brought these Single Malts home for me from Kolkatta duty free.
Actually I asked her to get four different kind of spirits which are not in my collection... she bought these because there was an offer going on... buy two get xxx discount.
women!!!
Uh ... Can't blame em.
When we whiskey drinkers sit down for a "bhaitak" 2 pegs become 4 very quickly.
Same principle. It all equalizes in the end.
Cheers,
Raghu

Yesterday, I had my first experience with Baijiu (according to my friend) at a dinner. He got it from Guangzhou Airport Duty Free.
Can't read a thing on the bottle except 46%vol and 500ml. Any one tried this or familiar with this drink?
If you did pl share your thoughts.
My hosts were indeed pleased that I was willing and able to sample and keep up with the number of toasts that were offered up.

1570939792597.jpeg

1570939805323.jpeg

You all should try Rampur Indian single malt by Khaitan Radico. It give distinct fruity flavour. Smooth can’t compare to glenmorangies smoothness but. It’s loving.

One thing to remember about Japanese whiskies : they dont have strict origin rules to be branded as Japanese (unlike Scotch). I remember looking up a brand. Turns out they import bulk scotch, bottle it in Japan and sell in the international market as "Japanese" whisky
Recently the rules have been framed - what can be called a Japanese whisky!

Back