Any treatment suggested for a big living hall area ?

soamz

Hi in my new house, the living space is very big and the ceiling is very high.
Im planning to setup a 7.2 channel setup with all 7 speakers and 2 sub woofers with 120 inch screen and 4K UST LASER projector.

But I'm worried, if the sound will be bad, after spending so much of money on it.

Because the room is really big and I will be only using 30% of the space for my setup.
The rest will be completely open area and Im afraid, if it might end to a echo big hall or what.

See the space photos for now!
3 unfurnished photos and 1 photo from furnished unit just top show you the depth and space distance.

Attachments

• DSC06793.jpg
    DSC06793.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC06789.jpg
    DSC06789.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC06788.jpg
    DSC06788.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC06849.jpg
    DSC06849.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 60
Hi in my new house, the living space is very big and the ceiling is very high.
Im planning to setup a 7.2 channel setup with all 7 speakers and 2 sub woofers with 120 inch screen and 4K UST LASER projector.

But I'm worried, if the sound will be bad, after spending so much of money on it.

Because the room is really big and I will be only using 30% of the space for my setup.
The rest will be completely open area and Im afraid, if it might end to a echo big hall or what.

See the space photos for now!
3 unfurnished photos and 1 photo from furnished unit just top show you the depth and space distance.
1. Add 2 layers of curtain, one thick for acoustics and the second for the function of curtain.

2. leave space behind the couch. Meaning couch shouldn’t be kept against the wall

3. get the thickest rug that fits in your space in front of the couch

4. add acoustic panels / panels disguised as Photo frames on the rear walls at the ear level and above and below it if possible.

There are lot of other acoustics which can be added to improve the sound like corner traps but anything more than the above 4 points I mentioned would blur the line between a cozy living room and a man cave. :)

1. Add 2 layers of curtain, one thick for acoustics and the second for the function of curtain.

2. leave space behind the couch. Meaning couch shouldn’t be kept against the wall

3. get the thickest rug that fits in your space in front of the couch

4. add acoustic panels / panels disguised as Photo frames on the rear walls at the ear level and above and below it if possible.

There are lot of other acoustics which can be added to improve the sound like corner traps but anything more than the above 4 points I mentioned would blur the line between a cozy living room and a man cave. :)
Got it, will try.
Wife might not allow doing all this.
I will only do the rug thing maybe.

I'm curious what kind of suggestion you were expecting? The suggestion offered to you can barely be called treatment, rather regular furnishing, and it seems like that is also a stretch for you to do. Now I understand aesthetic choices and WAF, but I'm just not sure what you were expecting.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back