Apple Launches "iPad" I am drooling over this gadget..Checkout!!!

sam9s

Well the much awaited iPad is been launched.......whats an iPad, its an itablet or a tablet PC, so.....what so secial, tablet PCs are going around for ages......BUT this is Apple, that brought iPhone/Pod and Touch which much to the all kinds of apprehensions is still ruling the gadget world.......

So checkout for yourself, relax and watch this video

Personally I am drooling over this gadget.....

Apple iPad

Few snaps....

efqeqp.jpg

2iuzwup.jpg

210czyp.jpg

Features & Specification : (though the list does not do justice, just watch the video.....:) )

* Full capacitive fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coated multi-touch screen - 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with IPS technology supporting 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi).
* 0.5 inches thin, 1.5 pounds in weight with a 9.7 inch IPS display.
* Powered by 1GHz Apple A4 chip.
* Available in 16, 32 and 64 GB flash-drive Variants.
* Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR and Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n) equipped.
*Variant with 3G connectivity also available.
* Assisted GPS (Wi-Fi + 3G model)
* 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack, Built-in speakers, Microphone and a 30 Pin dock connector.
*Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
* Video Support - H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
* Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor & Digital Compass.
* Built-in 25Whr rechargeable lithium-polymer battery provides 10 Hours runtime with over a month standby time.
* Can run all iPhone apps unmodified out of the box.
* Recyclable aluminum and glass enclosure with environment friendly built with no arsenic, BFR, mercury or PVC.
* Supports e-books as iBooks to be made available via Apple iBooks Store - The iBooks app is a great, new way to read and buy books. Just download the app for free from the App Store, and youll be able to buy everything from classics to bestsellers from the built-in iBookstore. Once youve bought a book, its displayed on your Bookshelf. To read it, all you have to do is tap on it and it opens up. The high-resolution, LED-backlit screen displays everything in sharp, rich, color, so its very easy to read, even in low light

SOURCE ::: Apple iPad - Price, Features, Images And Videos | Megaleecher.Net

So what do gadget freeks have to say about this......

This is a piece of junk..

No Multitasking (!!)
No flash support while browsing (Meaning no free games)
No USB
No 16:9 widescreen
No HDMI
No camera (For video chat etc)
No MAC OS (!!)
No portability
Only 16 or 32 GB of total memory (What year is it 1990?)

Costs $600 to $800 !!

I ask, what is the selling point of this device? :rolleyes:
What are you drooling over? The apple logo?

Above all, Jobs has the nerve to comment on how inferior the netbooks (which has all the above and costs $300) are when launching this thing!!

Last edited:
  • It fails as an e-reader because it has a glossy backlit screen
  • It fails as a computer because it has no keyboard and cannot multitask. Imagine you can't browse the web and listen to the music at the same time. Or chat and listen to music. It also doesn't have USB without an adaptor.
  • It fails as a PMP because it's way too big and it costs 500 dollars in its cheapest avtar
  • It just seems like something riding purely on hype and the apple brand

Hold on Hold On!!!!! I have the right to Drool :D ...... Anyway, there were lots of breakers for iPhone/touch as well

No Bluetooth
Poor camera
No Copy past
No this No that...blah blah blah,

still it HAS ruled over every phone with every thing in it, though later versions still did bridge the gap
iPad has its first version onboard, let the subsequent models follow, let the TP apps follow, let the jail breaking follow......its far easier to say no this no that but it also has things which no other manufacturer was even able to incorporate as it is.............. let alone device.

I have used quite a few gadgets and phones and I still can say nothing can beat the multi touch, accelerometer and the amazing interphase iPod touch/phone has, untill I actually used it even I was like.......no this and no that.....

Last edited:
  • It fails as a computer because it has no keyboard and cannot multitask. Imagine you can't browse the web and listen to the music at the same time. Or chat and listen to music.

You CAN listen to the music while surfing, no multitasking here means that you can not run two applications at the same time, unlike Symbian. Also as I said let the subsequent models follow, thing would improve.

Also just for an information, Jailbreaking can make the device multitask to very extent, there are applications to do just that.....as I said let the jailbreak happen......things would improve.....

i think most people expect different stuff out of it hence they disappointed. its a net book in the pure sense of the word. surf the net. for that its amazing, flash notwithstanding. its not (at least currently) a task master but a fun gadget. later versions am sure will add on functionalities like the iphone is doing now.

i for one am saving up for one hopefully the next gen comes out soon with added features, purely for the web surfing which is what i'll do max on it. with the personal functional apps one can download from the app store its gonna be a powerful portable machine.

really dont see people requiring typical computing going in for this for multi task heavy duty stuff.

have already been drooling since the launch. to be honest for me it makes even macbooks look like blundering ham footed dodos :licklips:

• It fails as a computer because it has no keyboard and cannot multitask. Imagine you can't browse the web and listen to the music at the same time. Or chat and listen to music. It also doesn't have USB without an adaptor.

Even Iphone can do that - You can surf while listening to music. All the Apps running on iphone if coded in a correct way can keep running in the background. Apple wanted the interface to be slick and easy, that's where Ipad & Iphone will win over it's competitors.

You CAN listen to the music while surfing, no multitasking here means that you can not run two applications at the same time, unlike Symbian.

How? Isn't music player a different application than a web browzer (genuinely dont know.. )

Also as I said let the subsequent models follow, thing would improve.

So, the early adopters are bakras? Iam sure these are the people who line up for the next version too.

Also just for an information, Jailbreaking can make the device multitask to very extent, there are applications to do just that.....as I said let the jailbreak happen......things would improve.....

jail breaking can make everything great.. But it is not intended by apple..
For all their 'locking' stategy (no flash?? duh!!) I want to see them taste failure once!!

Also, you can hot swap the memory..
16GB extra memory for $150?? Really?? I fail to understand why people encourage this kind of attitude by buying the products..

Just watch the release video and see jobs saying "it just works" a gazillion times..
"You type in google.com in the browser and you see google.com.. wow it just works"

If running a single puny app, one which is filtered by fifteen 'experts' each time well is the meaning of "it just works", I'd say, a netbook which has almost everything missing in the iPAD, it works like a rocket.

Remember the whole world crying foul when microsoft said that there will be win7 starter edition for netbooks (which cost $300) which can run only 3 applications at a time?? Now this crap which costs $600 is capable of running only 1 app and people will go "it just works"!!

Funny world! I call it iBAD. :D

its far easier to say no this no that but it also has things which no other manufacturer was even able to incorporate as it is.............. let alone device.

And what is that you are referring to here?

Iphone is a piece of art. I am not even comparing it to this. Much so as it was portable and people can connect to internet from anywhere as they have it with them. The portability of ipad is bad. You wont be carrying it around with you always. @home, you obviously have other options.

Also, This is NOT a tablet. It recognises only finger touch!! Stylus CANNOT be used in this.. Hmm.. whats the word Iam looking for?? wierd!

The only use I see with this is excellent accelerometer assisted games in big screen. This and this alone will attract buyers!

i bought iphone with great enthusiasm when it was launched in US. after using 1 years, i had to simply throw it and back to my old nokia phone beacuse iphone has got all features except good quality phone. many apple devices simply creates euphoria, but not worth. so better to wait for sometime till euphoria subsides. I also own apple macbook. very much satisfied...

i am not an apple hater, i think the iphone is a brilliant, if limited, device, but the iPad is just a rubbish gadget.

I would not use it to read books, because it's glossy and backlit and that's just not the way I want to read books, if I want an e-reaer i'll pick up the kindle or the new Indian e-reader from InfiBeam: Gifts to India | Online Shopping India | Apparel, Books, Cameras, Watches, Mobiles

If I want a portable compuer I'll use a netbook, I really don't see the advantge of this over a netbook, except that it doesn't have a keyboard, and that's a disadvantage in my book, touchscrene typing on a small iphone itself puts me off, imagine touch screen typing on this behemoth.....argh!

No multitasking is a serious problem. Not having USB is an even more serious problem. Why would I want this device over an iphone?? I can't use this to make calls....not practically anyhow......it doesn't fit in my pocket.....it costs a bomb.....

i agree it has some potential as a format, but the format is not an apple invention....look at the HP Slate.....it's the same thing.....

Let's not succumb to the apple hype, they make great overpriced computers, very easy to use phones and a lot of overhyped rubbish. Do check out this hilarious (and prescient) blog post from Anand Ramachandran.

How? Isn't music player a different application than a web browzer (genuinely dont know.. )

Technically yes.....but here if we take this specific example we can play the music while surfing....

So, the early adopters are bakras? Iam sure these are the people who line up for the next version too.

In a way yes....I mean 'no disrespect' but there are takers for every thing. When iPhone first Gen was launched, dispite of he fact of having loads of bugs and less features, there were queues lined up ahead of the stores to get the prodect, were all those people bakras????

jail breaking can make everything great.. But it is not intended by apple..
For all their 'locking' stategy (no flash?? duh!!) I want to see them taste failure once!!

Who cares if that was not intended by apple, jailbreaking is one of the added advantage to what this prodect already has. So thats a pros in all respects if you ask me.

Just watch the release video and see jobs saying "it just works" a gazillion times..
"You type in google.com in the browser and you see google.com.. wow it just works"

If running a single puny app, one which is filtered by fifteen 'experts' each time well is the meaning of "it just works", I'd say, a netbook which has almost everything missing in the iPAD, it works like a rocket.

Remember the whole world crying foul when microsoft said that there will be win7 starter edition for netbooks (which cost $300) which can run only 3 applications at a time?? Now this crap which costs $600 is capable of running only 1 app and people will go "it just works"!!

Funny world! I call it iBAD. :D

I think you are just being paranoid here, ofcourse if you type google.com it would open googl.com com, its the interphase, portability, accessability, ease, convergence that counts, plus with apple style as well (even if it makes no difference to you) else whats the difference between different browsers....all give google.com page when typed google.com, then why take pain to bring Chrome in to the market.

Last edited:
And what is that you are referring to here?

Iphone is a piece of art. I am not even comparing it to this. Much so as it was portable and people can connect to internet from anywhere as they have it with them. The portability of ipad is bad. You wont be carrying it around with you always. @home, you obviously have other options.

Also, This is NOT a tablet. It recognises only finger touch!! Stylus CANNOT be used in this.. Hmm.. whats the word Iam looking for?? wierd!

The only use I see with this is excellent accelerometer assisted games in big screen. This and this alone will attract buyers!

What I am refering??? u have a touch dont you......anyway, its tough to put in words, but let me tell you I have an E75 as well used Samsung Jet as well, but the ease and brilliant interphase plus the apps for my daily phone activities iPhone/touch has is simply not even in the same league. A simple application as google maps is a pure pleasure on iPhone/touch, dispite google maps available on all phones........

About carrying it around.......why compare it with iPhone, why not compare it with a regular laptop, you do carry your laptop dont you. What would be easier???

And why on earth would you use a stylus, when you have multitouch screen??? thats the whole point of touch screen?????

To me it seems like a (typically apple ) Over-HYPED product that is hardly innovative.

Little more than a 2x sized iTouch....

They have the Gall to price it at US $ 900 if you take the WiFi connectivity.

Most netbooks costing Rs 25K and below will outspeck it on every count by a Wide margin... except for the touch capability.

Seems to me that Apple is loosing it. NOTHING REALLY innovative since its original iPhone... not its just re-working the same formula again and again, first as the iTouch and now this as a 2x sized iTouch.. YAWN...

It recognises only finger touch!! Stylus CANNOT be used in this.. Hmm.. whats the word Iam looking for?? wierd!

wanting to use a stylus when you have touch. hmmm you did get the right word 'weird' :D

absolutely no offence meant blasto, but this statement just had me grinning away... :)

this is precisely the problem, if you compare it to a laptop or a netbook it is so crippled it's not even in the same ballpark. netbooks are portable and easy to carry, and about the same dimensions as the tablet, so they're similarly portable, and the netbook also has a keyboard and can multitask, and has USB and is infinitely flexible (especially if you put some linux on it). I can plug a USB stick into it and watch a movie. IF i want to do it on the iPad I also need to be carrying the USB adapter around......not exactly portable then huh?

The iPad is a hype-drive product, that I don't believe is going to replace even one of the categories of devices it is designed to compete with (netbook, smartphone, PMP, e-reader) forget all, because while trying to be everything it does nothing well.....even for web browsing it's a huge fail without flash.....website with huge gaps, no youtube, no dailymotion, no flash games, some entire websites will not load.....i seriously don't get what the apple fanboys are drooling about!

Of course, if in spite of it being such a crippled device it manages to sell, that will be the ultimate demonstration of the fantastic marketing machine that is Apple. But my money is on it going the way of the Cube or Apple TV.

Now for the iFans, I have a few of straight questions (and i'd genuinely like to see answers):

• Can you imagine reading books on this glossy, reflective backlit screen?
  • Would you rather browse the net on something where you can't use youtube or flash games or view flash websites, or enter text by way of a keyboard (touchscreen typing on a big screen is a whole different ballgame btw) or on a netbook?
  • Would you rather use the iPad for making phone calls or as a personal media player compared to an iPod or an iTouch?
  • Would you rather watch movies on this iPad using a USB adapter and storage device or a netbook where you just plug in a thumbdrive?

If, as I expect, you've answered no to even 3 out of the above 4, why would you invest 600+ (you'd want 3G and a USB adapter wouldnt you?) dollars on something that does all these things in a clumsy, crippled fashion?

About carrying it around.......why compare it with iPhone, why not compare it with a regular laptop, you do carry your laptop dont you. What would be easier???

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back