Are consumer courts really helpful? Need suggestion

gudu

Are consumer courts really helpful?

I brought tv LCD samsung about one year and six months back, display gone, I know the warranty is not there anymore, but previously the TVs would last for decades together.

I want to put consumer forum case on samsung, I spoke to them about this and they told please dont file case, and that they would call back.

But never did.

Now can anyone tell me how to go about consumer court.

Would it be worthwhile going to consumer court stating that samsung sold me a defective piece?

Consumer courts are very good. I know a couple of cases where people won small to medium damages. But it depends upon how the case is built.

In your case, the TV was out of warranty. I believe that you will have a case only if Samsung refuses to service/repair the item. Just because TVs (and other appliances) lasted years together earlier, does not mean or prove anything.

Talking about the general Law Prudence, you need to provide with facts, and not basic beliefs of TV's lasting years, your TV was not in warranty, and if it worned out you will have to pay the repair damages.

Sirs,

I suppose for my new Haier led tv I have to approach consumer courts.

Bought the tv in april of this year and 3 months down the line horizontal lines started to appear, I complained and they gave me a new set 2 months later..

Now that supposed new set is also showing horizontal lines..

They had come, manager and one technician, they understood that the fault is with TV and they told would revert baack, but never did.

Now as there is still warranty periods, should i approach consumer court?

please advice..

Your earlier samsung and now Haier!! And Haier within the warranty period!! Bad luck with flat panels for you!! Probably you should go with the CRT way!
Did you write to them (Haier) earlier? Do you have all those documents, phone calls, visits as proof to be submitted? Keep all your documents ready.
As they had already replaced once, you would need to check with them one last time. If they do not revert back (in specified time period), you can approach consumer forum. Consumer forum will guide you to move forward.

My sony lcd display was gone after 3.5 years,but to keep their goodwill they repair it free of cost.

Contact your service center and ask them to repair it. You will obviously have to bear the charges since it is out of warranty.

Contact your service center and ask them to repair it. You will obviously have to bear the charges since it is out of warranty.

or buy a CRT and enjoy hassle free viewing ? Why go for the junk new technology when old tech works just fine ..

Let us say there is a situation where the TV is not in warranty.
The service centre could not repair and declare it unusable.
What is the solution we have as a consumer?
Assume the TV is still in production.

or buy a CRT and enjoy hassle free viewing ? Why go for the junk new technology when old tech works just fine ..

Sir, was that a serious suggestion? :rolleyes:

This is also a old technology but still works fine; they say it adds to the taste too. Its dirt cheap and a lot durable - no repairs needed. So why should someone buy a mixer grinder?

images

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back