Audition - B&W 684, Dali Ikon 6, MA RX6, MA RS8

Yes. Had listened with same Amp ( Marantz SR6005). Highs and Lows are very good, but realising ( its been 2-3 weeks since I bought it) vocals are sounding weaker.

I have auditioned it with marantx PM6004 and the vocals were hefty and deep. Soundstage was smaller than my amp though.

SR6005 is an AVR if Iam correct? Borrow an 2 channel integrated and check it out again. Iam not a fan of 2 channel music through AVR. :)

Its an AVR . referring to two channel music.
Will need to find some one with a stereo amp. Thanks

XMan - what DSP mode is engaged in playing 2 channel music? If it is stereo, your sub and crossover are still engaged. Try changing crossover freq in that case, or play in "pure direct" mode.

Tried stereo, BD Direct and Pure direct as well. Right now have speakers configured to small (though have Floor standers)

Hi blasto.
Very nicely written review. kindly throw some lights on pricing detail also or best discounted prices. that will help people.
Thanks

Any idea which speaker will go well with CA 550A Amp ..??? Currently paired with Aviano 2 but bass is less specially in lower volumes.. running in direct mode with flat equalizer..

I was particularly looking for low volume details in my auditions. Only one that passed are the MA silvers.

My Jamos exhibit the reverse of what you mention. At barely audible volumes, the bass seem to overpower.

I feel all monitor audio speakers are shy in bass while the entire world seem to think otherwise. :( Even the owners seem to believe otherwise.
Heard B&W, Dali, Paradigm equavalents but feel MA has the least bass.
Every other aspect is to my liking though.

So, Should I go for
Rx6

or

Rx2 + Sunfire HRS8 sub?

That is the final question.

Also, a GS20 @95k also adds to confusion.

You seem to be in a very tricky situation.

Rx2 - 1x8 inch bass/mid driver and 1inch tweeter
Rx6 - 1 x6 inch bass 1x6 inch bass/mid and 1 inch tweeter

Common sense would say for a a stereo setup get yourself a FS instead of the BS + Sub option .

There are pros and cons for both

Although MA are fairly easy to driver.
A FS will always require more amp power. Infact more the power better.

With a BS you can get away with a medium rated integrated. Also if you factor that if you add a subwoofer into the equation, you are reducng the load on the BS speaker from producing difficult low freq and in turn it will play a lot cleaner.

However integrating a sub into a stereo setup is not that easy. it may take you days or even weeks to get it right. However the final outcome will be better than the equivalent FS.
There are are some pretty high end stereo setups that use Subs. A example that comes to mind is Bhagwan our FM uses 2 martin Logan Depth subs with his Tidal BS and Cadence Monoblocks

I even know someone who has the B&W 805D with 2 JLAudio Subs mated to Classe amps

Blasto as you know I have the lB&W 685 + RythmikAudio Servo F15HP sub. I can safely say it sounds way better than the 684. (not compared it to the 683 so cant comment)
I have the Arcam Preamp preouts connected to the inputs of the Sub and the Sub line outs to the Rotel monoblocks.
The Rotels get a signal of 80hz and above . So in turn play a lot cleaner and the BS gets 80hz and above . So overall I have taken a lot of load off the PA's as well as the speakers
Yes the sub + BS costs probably twice as much as the 684 and probably even costlier than the 683.
But I cant even fathom the sort of amp I would require to drive the FS from the same stable. That in itself would negate the cost advantage

With MA however you don't need this sort of power.
I have never heard the Sunfire Sub. but it should be pretty good.
If you can look at some other subs as well REL / Rythmik Audio
or DIY a brilliant sub using Gr-research drivers and A370 plate amp.

At the end of the day its a tough choice and its only you that can take the final call.

- F l a s h -

I have never heard the Sunfire Sub. but it should be pretty good.

My experience with 5.1 has been very positive. This sub is a size of a football but filled the huge demo room. Much better than MA silver sub (Again no bass ;) ) .
These are high resolution series (hrs) with extra long throw, high excursion drivers.

Youtube --

Sunfire Subwoofer + Bassotronics - YouTube

Massive excursion. :clapping::clapping:
How much does this baby cost here in India

lol ...... You don't seem to happy about MA's Bass. irrespective of the Sub or FS :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

or you can get servo 12" driver+amp from gr research in the group buy for $498 and build a cabinet locally.

I suggested the exact same thing. get a Gr-Research driver and amp from the GB. Blasto cant ask for anything better at this price point

@anm - when are your drivers coming down to Indian shores ?

I suggested the exact same thing. get a Gr-Research driver and amp from the GB. Blasto cant ask for anything better at this price point

@anm - when are your drivers coming down to Indian shores ?

don't know. Once we finalize on that thread, maybe 1-2 more months :)

I was torn between 2 single 12" servo subs vs 1 dual 12" sub.

2 single woofers should be better when it comes to optimization for the room.
It was a tough decision but I have gone for a single dual woofer :) :(

Hoping Danny will have a new amp ready soon and then I will go for another dual woofer.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back