Audtion for Denon X500 and BA Soundware xs 5.1

I went to Reliance Digital today and they have an offer running..

Marantz NR1504 AVR + BA XS + LG BP405 3D BR player for 54k.
You can opt for 0% EMI for 54k.

Now beat that. :)

Hey that's a great offer. Which Reliance Digital did you come across this offer at? I'll definitely like to check out the combo.
Will Marantz NR1504 and BA XS5.1 combo be better than Denon X1000 and BA XS5.1? Because, I'm getting the Denon combo for about 48k with bill and warranty.

I've been trying to get the BA demo in Pune, but that seems impossible. No one keeps Bas in their store in Pune. It is available only against orders. If anyone knows any dealer whos has the BA setup for demo, please share the details.

Hey that's a great offer. Which Reliance Digital did you come across this offer at? I'll definitely like to check out the combo.
Will Marantz NR1504 and BA XS5.1 combo be better than Denon X1000 and BA XS5.1? Because, I'm getting the Denon combo for about 48k with bill and warranty.

Can u please share the dealer contact,.who offers denon x1000+BS XS 5.1 @ 48k.

I could not demo the Marantz NR1504. They did not have them.
What I demoed is Marantz SR5008 against Denon X1000 and it comfortable and absolutely trashed X1000. Movies were little bit better but music was absolutely great.

If NR1504 has the same sound signature as the SR5008 with lesser power, this combo is a steal.

I think all reliance digital showrooms have this offer. The one I visited is Banjara Hills branch, Hyderabad.

The MRP of NR1504 itself is 52k which means the BA XS 5.1 and the bluray player comes free.

Hi Blasto

The mrp for NR 1504 is around 46k with warranty, BAs cost 23.5k and so the deal with Reliance is too good to be true.

Yes I can personally vouch for the performance of NR 1504 vs SR 5008. The difference is power and number of channels. The 1504 is a 5.1 50w RMS x 5 channels across all frequencies from 10hz - 22khz at 8 ohms and it is 75w RMS x 5 at 6 ohms load.

The SR 5008 is 100w RMS x 7 ....it is a 7.1 AVR and has an Audiophile design and built...hence the bulky look. Music quality is the same. So is the movie performance.

Hope this helps. There are some videos over YouTube where you can see the NR 1402 or NR 1403 or NR 1504 demos driving bookshelf speakers.

I'm finalizing my system as BA XS 5.1 with Marantz NR1504. Most probably I'll get it from Reliance Digital, Hyderabad. Thanks a lot @BLASTO for the information.
Any word of caution before I finalize the deal?

Hi Ajinkya,

What's the final price offered by Reliance digital. R u taking blu ray player in this combo. I too took audition at Banjara hills last week. Plan to purchase this combo soon. Post the pics once you get the Item :)

I'm finalizing my system as BA XS 5.1 with Marantz NR1504. Most probably I'll get it from Reliance Digital, Hyderabad. Thanks a lot @BLASTO for the information.
Any word of caution before I finalize the deal?
Check with them if its not a demo piece. I had inquired with reliance digital sometime back for jamo speakers. They said that they would pack the demo piece. Btw the price you are getting the speakers n avr is awesome. Go ahead.

Check with them if its not a demo piece.

Quite unlikely because, they have put posters and banners of the offer all over the place inside the showroom. Unlikely they will do that for a single demo piece.

They even did not have the NR1504 when I asked for demo. (Though they had the XS for demo with Denon.)
But nothing wrong with checking though.

So what is the offer in Reliance Digital? Marantz 1504+ Boston S 5.1 combo + LG Blu Ray player for 55K?

I was having Denon X1000 + Boston XS 5.1 on my mind earlier.

Considering that I have to take a demo anyway, which among the two options here seem better?

Is the reliance digital offer available in all cities and how long?

So what is the offer in Reliance Digital? Marantz 1504+ Boston S 5.1 combo + LG Blu Ray player for 55K?

I was having Denon X1000 + Boston XS 5.1 on my mind earlier.

Considering that I have to take a demo anyway, which among the two options here seem better?

Is the reliance digital offer available in all cities and how long?

Go to Banjara Hills branch, check and post the details yourself.

Went to Jubilee Hills branch and this is the deal they have. Marantz 1504 + BA S 5.1 + Philips Blu Ray for 55 K.

I would demo others, but out of the experience can someone suggest how this compares to Yamaha 299 package (or) Denon X1000 with BA XS 5.1 set?

Go to Banjara Hills branch, check and post the details yourself.

Banjara hills reliance digital HT audition/ demo room is under renovation and would atleast take a couple of days to kick off. Also they don't have NR1504 for demo to try with BA XS 5.1.Visit jubli hills store for the same. They have the whole combo for demo but in open space....not dedicated room :indifferent14:.

Hi All,

My requirements are
1. Very good sound quality (crystal clear). (High Watt not require. 40-50W is ok)
2. 5.1 surrounding sound for movies
3. 60% : 40% for Music : Movies
4. Listen mostly soft music
5. 8 ohms speakers
6. Budget or economy solution requires.

I havs shortlisted following systems, please give me your valuable suggestions and more importantly thier respective prices. SO I can finalize my budget.

1. Marantz NR1504 AVR + Boston Acoustics XS5.1
2. Marantz NR1504 AVR + Denon SYS-5.1 Speaker
3. Marantz NR1504 AVR+ Pioneer SP-3335TT-5.1 Speaker
4. Denon AVR-X500 + Denon SYS 5.1

I want to spend ~50k INR for this systems. Are they good options or need to change something? Also let me know current prices(negotiation rates).

Thanks in advance
Manas Ghosh
Kolkata, India

manas2mail

Go with Marantz NR1504 AVR + Boston Acoustics XS5.1 best option. Reliance digital have this as combo for 57k with free blu-ray player. i have purchased this combo in December 2014 Chennai Reliance Digital for 54k bargained price.

Hi senwrite even I'm considering this option. Can you please share your experience. How is the sound quality. I'm not an audiophile, but I would like high sound clarity, especially vocals while watching movies.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back