Audyssey 2EQ on Onkyo 609

yahoo0212

I am using an Onkyo 609 from past 6 years (amazon Germany imported) and its been good till now.
Last Sunday while cleaning up the Hometheatre shelves , I came across the Audyssey Mic.
Just thought of running a Audyssey Setup. I had run the Audyssey 2EQ setup once, when i first installed the AVR but was not satisfied with the sound , thought of giving it another try. So before running the setup wrote down all the manual settings which i was running under like Speaker Freq (80Hz..100Hz etc) of Fronts, centre and surrounds including the Cutoff LFE which was set to 80HZ (THX).

Then I ran the FULL 2Q Audyssey setup measuring at 3 Different points . Where all the channels (5+1) are measured from 3 different positions One being the centre and one on the left and one on the right, covering complete listening area.

As a matter of fact I realised that the Sound output is much better and clear now.. There is clarity and Centre channel has started to sound even better and clearer. Surrounds are also engaged now. I felt as if these years it was all boomy but now there is a lot of clarity and surround effects are better.

My mistake then:: I realised that I had not done the Full 3 point Audyssey setup then in 2012. I just did the QUICK Setup which does the measurements only at 1 point.

Now the Distances are also set correctly 10 feet, 11 feet for the fronts, 8 feet each for the surrounds, Centre also about 11-13 feet.
Front- Major change from 80 Hz to 40Hz
Centre to-40 Hz
Subwoofer to 100 Hz Distance 30 Feet ( This looks incorrect, i tried reducing but no major change) Since i am happy with the new setup , didnt bother to change it again.

My setup is
Onkyo 609. MS AViano 6 , AViano centre and Mono Price InCeiling SUrrounds, with Jumbo JBL ES 250 400 watt subwoofer. Panasonic Plasma and Optoma HD-20 with Liberty 110 Inch screen.

Onkyo s are really power Horses when it comes to watching Movies. I am using the 609 model in a space of 380 Sq Feet living room.
Its good to see the Audyssey setups really working so well..
Must try IMHO ,m be it Audyssey in Onkyo, Denon, Marantz or YPAO for Yamaha

Happy Listening.. !!!
Hemant

1549538430189.png

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back