AV receiver at cheap price in Amazon.de

revolty

Hello FM,

My busy schedule kept me far from this forum for so long. While checking for Black friday deals, i stumbled upon "Deals in Amazon.de". Various 7.2 AVR's are available at cheap price in this website and that too including delivery at your doorstep.
In case, if anyone wishes to buy AVR online and is willing to wait for a month (in transit), then they can try this. In order to be sure, that the total price after delivery at our doorstep is economical, i continued till the shopping cart. I am attaching the screenshot of the same here.

Attachments

• Amazon.de.jpg
    Amazon.de.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 188
Thanks for posting this useful info. Will the AVR purchase from amazon.de require any step down transformer? Any other factors that are hiding in this purchase? Experts please suggest.

Which Onkyo AVR model you have shown in the screenshot?
I would say if it is not sold by Amazon.de/Prime itself or atleast amazon fullfilled seller, dont think about it. I have burnt hands in past with non amazon.de sellers who don't fulfill amazon.

Few days back I saw a deal by a random seller Denon x4200 for 430 Euro which was too good to believe :)

I am sure you get pretty good deals from this site, I myself have bought 10s of items in past 4 years, but always use your discretion.

my 2c...

Thanks for posting this useful info. Will the AVR purchase from amazon.de require any step down transformer? Any other factors that are hiding in this purchase? Experts please suggest.

Europe has same voltage standards 220V as india so no need for any additional transformer. you need to consider few things-

1. No warranty in India.
2. Cost of shipping / customs might overkill for heavy items.
3. Amazon CC is very customer friendly, they guarantee safe delivery and provide insurance if product is damaged in transit. But if it is DOA, you are gone, damn difficult to proove that you didnt screwed up.

all d best :)

Which Onkyo AVR model you have shown in the screenshot?
I would say if it is not sold by Amazon.de/Prime itself or atleast amazon fullfilled seller, dont think about it. I have burnt hands in past with non amazon.de sellers who don't fulfill amazon.

Few days back I saw a deal by a random seller Denon x4200 for 430 Euro which was too good to believe :)

I am sure you get pretty good deals from this site, I myself have bought 10s of items in past 4 years, but always use your discretion.

my 2c...

Dear Ajay0722,

It's Onkyo Tx nr646. Thanks for your advice. How to know if it's amazon fulfilled seller or not?
Also, i thought that since the seller ships internationally; the final amount is inclusive of customs charges. But, thanks for pointing out that too.
It will be great if you can share your past experience with Amazon.de too.

Dear Ajay0722,

It's Onkyo Tx nr646. Thanks for your advice. How to know if it's amazon fulfilled seller or not?
Also, i thought that since the seller ships internationally; the final amount is inclusive of customs charges. But, thanks for pointing out that too.
He'll be listed in the front page of the product, or it'll be clearly mentioned "Amazon full filled" .

Amazon customer care is totally helpless (they behave like eBay) if product is faulty & needs to be returned overseas - in short you'll be at the mercy of the seller. Thats almost same in India too. I bought a Pioneer bdp 180 from non amazon full filled seller (it had both box and device with two large dents) and it took nearly 15 days to initiate the refund. Don't buy if it is not Amazon full filled period.

You can check Amazon UK too, there are plenty of good deals , many sellers ship to India, communication will be easier too.

Dear Ajay0722,

I have bought my 5.0 speakers, projector, BDP, Audio mixer and some other non-electronics stuff from them, and it was excellent experience except two occasions, 1st when the item was lost in transit (seller was prime, and hence CC helped me to get complete refund) and 2nd time when I bought a yamaha audio mixer from a non amazon fulfilled seller, I paid money but never received anything. Total loss and amazon couldn't help me to trace the seller or the item :)

In order to get guaranteed delivery, I would suggest always opt for quickest and expensive shipping option. These shipments are sent via DHL or UPS and you can track them. When i opt cheap delivery option, it was sent through some really un-trusted courier (googled them) and they lost it somewhere after reaching delhi.

another 2c .... :)

HI

Please Beware of Amazon.de and amazon.uk..there are lot of new seller which gives you very heavy discount but they will not ship anything or send you defective or second hand items,some time you can even get Onkyo txnr1030 for 500-600 euros ,jamo sub660 for 150+euros,whenever you are purchasing the stuff get it from amazon fulfilled or seller which have very good rating otherwise you may end up lose money..its not these site are bad just be cautious of the seller .
Regarding warranty yes they will not provide any but good seller helps you to get the best resolution ,there is one Electrowelt ...i got a subwoofer from them and sub amp module went bad,they send me a replacement amp without asking any shipping charges even after a year.
According to my knowledge when you purchase any item from amazon.de or amazon.uk through their global program ,they dont charge you regional VAT and the price will be inclusive of customs and shipping,if customs incurred less they will return you back and if more amazon will absorb it.

Last edited:
Beware guys there are many fraud sellers on Amazon.de ,last month I had a bad experience on this site ,saw some heavy discount and ordered ,my inner mind alarmed some doubt ,so written to their customer care.They confirmed it was a fraud seller and cancelled my order.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi

A lot of us get excited when we see cheap reasonable lucrative deals on Amazon or other selling sites, one must use caution before placing any order to check on reviews on the same site and also google the seller's name....you will be surprised to see how skeletons start popping out of the closet!

With the 500s and 1000s wave coming in the financial world in India, Grey market sellers will have a challenging time in providing rock bottom or cheaper rates when compared to legitimate dealers or traders.....everything will go the white way....(Electronic payments..)

Question is what do you do now? Take the risk and order from abroad....or be content and purchase in India? I believe everyone has their own views and risk appetite here.....

Main thing......please evaluate carefully and make your purchase.....all the best!

so what happens with amazon (com/uk/de) fullfilled electronics if its DOA?

dont know if its rumor or what but someone was saying that amazon may have some special going this black friday where we in india can also buy from the US site. but if there's no warranty & it turns up DOA then even buying something at 50% off means risking the other 50%

Can't agree more. I had bought XBOX 360 for my son from amazon.de in 2012 and it came within a week at half the price in India that time (sold n shipped by amazon itself) However anything that is not sold and shipped by amazon itself is a STRICT NO NO for imports even though seller may have good rating.

If you want to confirm 'Fakeness' of any seller try following
- Add the item which you think is best deal to cart
- go to checkout page
- add credit card number but with invalid expiry/cvv ( I use my previously added but now Cancelled card)
- complete the order (order will be placed without payment)
- Now go to order view page and 'contact seller' and put any query through amazon page (don't write direct email)
- You won't get response, but within a day you will notice that all the items on sale by this seller have vanished.
this happens even if you see rating and feedback for sellers...and on any amazon site...not just .de. Your order eventually gets cancelled for non-payment

"if it is too good to believe....probably it isn't there in first place" !

cheers

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back