AVR for Paradigm Monitor 9 v7

majorgrubert

Hello everyone,

I just received a new pair of Paradigm Monitor 9 v7 speakers and would like to know what AVR you guys think would be a good match for them.
I've been looking for this topic already but didn't find a clear answer.

I was able to listen to the Monitor 7 on a stereo amp (don't remember the brand / model of the amp -___-) and I found them pretty balanced, not too bright. It was just lacking a bit of bass.
On the other hand, I listened to the monitor 11 on a Cambridge amp and they sounded quite warm. I hope the monitor 9 will be just in the middle ; ).

I was interested in the Cambridge Audio 551R but couldn't find a shop that was demonstrating it. Do you think it could work with the Monitor 9 ?

My budget is around 1000 euros.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated, thanks in advance !

I play my M9 v7 on Denon 1911 and they sound good. You can look at equivalent current version. Found Marantz 7004 (stereo amp) to be a bit bright for the M9s.

sent from my SIII using tapatalk

I play my M9 v7 on Denon 1911 and they sound good. You can look at equivalent current version. Found Marantz 7004 (stereo amp) to be a bit bright for the M9s.

sent from my SIII using tapatalk

milestoneseeker : How would describe the sound of your system ?

I'd like a balanced and punchy kind of sound. Not too bright nor too warm.

milestoneseeker : How would describe the sound of your system ?

I'd like a balanced and punchy kind of sound. Not too bright nor too warm.

I would rate the sound to be "sparkly" but not bright. However, it is nowhere close to warm. The bass is not boomy and pretty controlled. Overall, I find the system good for clear mids and crisp low end.

Don't know about European prices-- but if it is similar to USA prices-- should be available for around 1250 euro

Hi majorgrubert , i have paired my Monitor 11s with a Yamaha A810 and they sound good to me. Suggest you to listen to the Yamaha Aventage Series with the Monitor 9s.

Hey majorgrubert, have you had a chance to listen to the Yamaha Aventage Series with the Monitor 9s? I am curious as I am considering that combination now but an audition of this combo is proving to be difficult...

Hey majorgrubert, have you had a chance to listen to the Yamaha Aventage Series with the Monitor 9s? I am curious as I am considering that combination now but an audition of this combo is proving to be difficult...

If you are in kochi, I guess you would have access to some gray market imports from Dubai, see if you can get your hands on Pioneer LX 56 receiver.

Well I am in Kochi, but unfortunately dont have much connections with the grey market! By the way, I don't think I will like Pioneer LX 56, as I dont usually like bright sounds...

I am inclined to Yamaha as the sound produced by them seems more to my liking. I guess NAD's sound would be similar or better, but haven't had a chance to hear them. Also, NAD will be lesser in terms of features as compared with Yamaha. That being my preference, would you suggest any other receiver for me? Does it make sense to audition Marantz SR 7007?

By the way, I am yet to buy speakers as well as receiver.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back