Bangalore HFV Meet?

When do we meet for HFV Blr -1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uhmm well, guess you could call it that! :D But seriously, looks like you guys are going to have a lot of fun. How forgiving would you guys be towards last minute gate-crashers? :D

all depends on what gifts (read yummy eatables) you're carrying with you! ;)

of course number accomodtion depends on george, but floor seating's mucha ok with me! as it is we're gonna be imposing on george :)

:lol:
Wish I were there..this is exactly the sort of thing i had been calling for on another forum. Meets are so much fun. :eek:hyeah:

yeah we had only that one at abhi's eh? good fun it was. will be nice to see old faces and meet tons of new ones!

10 people seated in the living room and about 10 in the basement. The problem will be that all 10 have to sit facing the speakers, which is not as easy as seated in a normal arrangement.

George

Adding my name to the list .....

10th Jan
GeorgeO
Sudhir (sud98)
StevieBoy (VEG/NON-VEG)
Rem(aka Rakesh)
Soulforged
CMSAJITH
Gobble
nizarp
Aneel
Kaushik
Abhishek
Antony(t.antony)
Ab(ab.kolan)
Santhosh (santhol2)
Zoey

17th Jan
GeorgeO
Sudhir (sud98)
StevieBoy
Rem(aka Rakesh)
Soulforged
CMSAJITH
Gobble
nizarp
Aneel
Kaushik
Abhishek
Antony(t.antony)
Ab(ab.kolan)
Zoey

btw its good to know some of them are put up in Vijaynagar. I stay in vijaynagar too.:)

Lets work out on a agenda for the meet.

I am still hoping that Odyssey will have the second session on speaker placements/auditioning...

George, you can add in your items - DIY/Tube vs solid-state/any other you feel like.

Venkat, not sure if we can keep all in one room, so we may not be able to do a presentation I feel. Although, ppl who actually come in may not be the same number as those who have enlisted.

agenda thoughts:

1. george takes us through a few aspects of his learnings over the years doing diy with tubes. we clap enthusiastically

2. listening to george's various diy tube amps

3. someone can bring their solid state amp (can have 2 volunteers) and we listen to same thing tube and solid state

4. if someone wants cd comparison two volunteers can bring some cd players/cables?

5. venkat makes a presentation (informal verbal?) considering space constraints for projector?

4. we hog all the goodies and burp.

5. we click each other in embarassing poses to post for the amusement of other cities

6. we depart

Venkat, not sure if we can keep all in one room, so we may not be able to do a presentation I feel.

Hmmmm. This is tough as I have already booked my tickets. Anyhow let me know for sure, and I will cancel my tickets.

Cheers

I dont mind sharing-my diy is mostly speakers-two ways and subs, and a couple of ss things-an AKSA amp and a dac.My tube gear is either kits or assembled, but hey you guys are welcome to listen with my music or yours..I can show somethings that many here may not have seen at first hand-SqBox, connected to NAS etc.. and take questions.

Venkat can do his presentation to all those who are interested-what's the duration? I am flexible-can make it shorter or longer depending on time available. I would guess 20-30 mins will do for me.

And then the burping can start..

Hmmmm. This is tough as I have already booked my tickets. Anyhow let me know for sure, and I will cancel my tickets.

Cheers

well venkat, couldnt you do a verbal one? remember a bit of your slides and methinks you could do a talk explaining the fundas, for those who were asking for a presentation, using your/a laptop for your reference. would be great to meet you either way :)

regards

Adding my name to the list .....

10th Jan
GeorgeO
Sudhir (sud98)
StevieBoy (VEG/NON-VEG)
Rem(aka Rakesh)
Soulforged
CMSAJITH
Gobble
nizarp
Aneel
Kaushik
Abhishek
Antony(t.antony)
Ab(ab.kolan)
Santhosh (santhol2)
Zoey
Prakash(prakasse)

17th Jan
GeorgeO
Sudhir (sud98)
StevieBoy
Rem(aka Rakesh)
Soulforged
CMSAJITH
Gobble
nizarp
Aneel
Kaushik
Abhishek
Antony(t.antony)
Ab(ab.kolan)
Zoey

Thanks, Prakash.

Hi Santhosh

Im looking forward to meeting you. Sunil J, now in Australia is a good friend and he wanted to briing me over to your place but he just ran out of time. I plan to et started on my HT room after talking to you and seeing your set up.

Cheers

George

I will be coming from Bannerghatta road(near to IIM) and glad to carpool. People staying nearby are most welcome to join me.

Regards.

Last edited:
Fitting all in one room should not pose a problem as long as we have breathing space...we could stand/squat on the floor/lean against the wall/hang from the ceiling...as long as we don't damage anything ;)

As for presentation, like George suggested, we could use his widescreen...also some of us could carry our laptops and view the ppt in groups while listening to venkat...my take is what venkat speaks is more important...

for listening to gear, it may not be feasible to play all that we bring along. I suggest we all carry one CD each...priority should be given to the gurus with their reference CDs...maybe they could also throw light upon what they look for when the CD is played...

George...I'd be personally interested in the NAS/streaming setup...been planning for it for some time now...

and hey...one imp question...is alcohol permissible? we could carry some beer with us :beer:

:cheers:

With a name like George, you bet burping with beer is better than either crotch whisky or pissky!

I use a Netgear ReadyNas Duo wirelessly with my SB and I'll be happy to show how it works. I can show my Popcorn Hour which Ihavent yet connected up, as well as someother assorted bits and pieces lying around my place.

If we can list out whatever snacks/drinks people are bringing, I can easily BBQ some mushrooms and zuchini at the end of our session( that was my surprise-chicken takes too much time to cook and veggie stuff cuts across all boundaries)

Cheers

George

prakasse am getting the big coke bottle as i've mentioned earlier. just mentioning so count doesnt go overboard :)

EDIT: and trying to rustle up some surprise desert. crossing fingers that it goes well...

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back