Bangalore HFV Meet?

When do we meet for HFV Blr -1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like momentum is building up. If you guys can let me know in good time who is veg and non veg, I just might surprise you guys.

George

George

You are very kind, but really we are one too many. Its going to be a crowd.
If anything we could go dutch on snacks ordered from outside... like Stevie suggested

Regards

Hi friends,

whether it is a small meet at my place or a big one at George's, i am always interested

10th Jan
GeorgeO
Sudhir (sud98)
StevieBoy
Rem(aka Rakesh)
Soulforged
CMSAJITH
Gobble
nizarp
Aneel
Kaushik
Abhishek

17th Jan
GeorgeO
Sudhir (sud98)
StevieBoy
Rem(aka Rakesh)
Soulforged
CMSAJITH
Gobble
nizarp
Aneel
Kaushik
Abhishek

thanks and regards,

Abhishek

Hi,

Since we have enough guys for either dates, lets do it on 10th and dont have to repeat this list for both dates.

I agree with Stevie, George, you can offer a few surprises, but in general, dutch is the way to go for snacks/drinks etc.

Lets all start discussing the agenda items. I will leave it to George to have the first go at it. Venkat will you be able to join on the 10th, then we can have your presentation too. I guess Marsillans is not available on the 10th.

Venkat will you be able to join on the 10th, then we can have your presentation too. I guess Marsillans is not available on the 10th.

10th Jan sounds OK to me. Can we also look at someone taking the baton from Bangalore itself? I can send the presentation to him. If not, yours truly will take the effort to trudge to Bangalore.:)

Cheers

well by dutch i didnt mean pitching in monetarily, i meant having space brownies and other goodies a la amsterdam :D

ok seriously, i'll try pitching in with a surprise of my own ;) hopefully it works out...

one more clarification sunday morning sometime and not evening right? dont wanna miss this!!!! george can give us the exact time as per his convenience.

regards

@all,i should be back in india 1st week jan and hope i will be able to make it for either of the dates.will confirm once im home,and really looking forward to meeting the brethren.count me in folks.cheers

Hi Guys (since it has been confirmed there are no gals :))

Can we meet up in Bangalore like the meet in Chennai? I think we have enough AV followers in Blr to meet up.

We could do it a regular meet (once a month) and meet at individual homes or meet at a restaurant or such.

I would personally prefer the first as there are no time limits and discussions can be more informal.

If we have enough people lets kickstart it.

Are n00bs welcome too ? :)

Last time i went for a meet like this was in 2005 responding to a call in diyaudio. Eventhough only one person showed up, it was nice sharing our experience.

Count me in, added my name in the list.

10th Jan
GeorgeO
Sudhir (sud98)
StevieBoy
Rem(aka Rakesh)
Soulforged
CMSAJITH
Gobble
nizarp
Aneel
Kaushik
Abhishek
Antony(t.antony)

17th Jan
GeorgeO
Sudhir (sud98)
StevieBoy
Rem(aka Rakesh)
Soulforged
CMSAJITH
Gobble
nizarp
Aneel
Kaushik
Abhishek
Antony(t.antony)

Are n00bs welcome too ? :)

NO!!! absolutely not!!! :mad:

We have spent years upon years and thousands upon thousands honing our knowledge to perfection. We intend to discuss eclectic subjects like the delicate braiding of the strands in a speaker cable...that is no place for a n00b to be...why don't you go and hang out in the Bose showroom instead...

Strangely that felt good :eek:hyeah: If only I could mean it...I'd have arrived in the world of audiophile snobbery :cool:

Of course you are welcome brother!!! We are all n00bs at our own levels, especially me...please add your name to the list and get in line... :cheers:

Venue

14 DCosta Square, 3rd Cross, Wheeler Road Extn, St Thomas Town, Bangalore -560084. It's about 1.5kms from ITC Infotech(the old cigarette factory) om Banaswadi Road. If you come down Wheeler Road Extn from the railway line, the land mark is a pastry shop called Cafe DaCosta on your right.

Take the next right and the second house on the left-it's a newly constructed white independent 2 storeyed place with two bluish Opels which will be parked in the parking area on the left.

Timings
I would guess that 10.30 to around 1PM will give us enough time for the first meeting-of course that's assuming that people show up at 10.30-if they come late then they will have less time to spend-but given the relative convenience of Sunday 10.30AM, they will only have themselves to blame for it!

I suppose 1030 on a Sunday morning will test the mettle of an audiophile :)

Last edited:
done deal sud!

not really familiar with the place anyone going by bike i'd love to tag behind (on my bike) can meet up anywhere convenient mg road/ulsoor lake or someplace like that? soulforged you're coming from koramangala right? how you coming?

I'm present.

I'll be coming from Jayanagar 7th Block, on my bike. Any 1 person can be picked up on the way if needed. I'm familiar till the ITC cigg factory, maybe can call up someone from there for further assistance.

cheers.

Moved from Koramangala...coming from Whitefield area...anyone coming from this area/indira nagar can join me...

Adding my name to the list too :yahoo:

10th Jan
GeorgeO
Sudhir (sud98)
StevieBoy
Rem(aka Rakesh)
Soulforged
CMSAJITH
Gobble
nizarp
Aneel
Kaushik
Abhishek
Antony(t.antony)
Ab(ab.kolan)

17th Jan
GeorgeO
Sudhir (sud98)
StevieBoy
Rem(aka Rakesh)
Soulforged
CMSAJITH
Gobble
nizarp
Aneel
Kaushik
Abhishek
Antony(t.antony)
Ab(ab.kolan)

Cheers :cheers:,
AB

Guys, please post some glimpse and photographs of the meet. We like to see the faces behind the names.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back