Bangalore HFV Meet?

When do we meet for HFV Blr -1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey wow,

i am supposed to be in bangalore tomorrow ( to meet with kaushik) but i will postpone that visit to the confirmed date for the meet.
Thats great news Suri. Will get to meet you and iaudio as well.

George

There are too many of us, the effort will be huge.

All, I recommend we outsource the sandwiches/BBQ to a caterer who can deliver a packed box to Mr. Georges place and we shell money when we get there.

What say??

Regards

+1 to that.

George/Kaushik or others from same vicinity: Please order the food from outside, we'll all share the expenses.

that's a good idea gobble! given your avatar i shall definitely stand in line before you for the sandwiches! :p

will carry money instead of the coke bottle then :D

what i am looking forward to is george's squeezebox and how networked music works! george prepare to be cornered on this! :)

that's a good idea gobble! given your avatar i shall definitely stand in line before you for the sandwiches! :p

will carry money instead of the coke bottle then :D

what i am looking forward to is george's squeezebox and how networked music works! george prepare to be cornered on this! :)

Futile .... my arrow like tail can reach out from behind and poke-lift the sandwich like a toothpick :D

@George I hope you are ok with the outsourcing the caterer part?

Regards

I don't know yet, but my dad might be interested in joining with you guys..he isn't very net savvy but a true audiophile and music lover if I ever knew one. Heck am in this hobby cause of his love for music.

Wondering if you fine folk would be accommodating enough to let him join you. I will broach about this to him if that's the case.

Heck am in this hobby cause of his love for music.

I hope my daughter's influenced by me in this aspect.

You don't need to think twice before inviting your dad for the meet. I'm sure I am speaking for reste of the gang when I say he'd be more than welcome :clapping:

Last edited:
Guys

Whatever works best for you is fine by me re the eatables.

Sachi: no probs, ask your dad to join us-that is the only way he can get some inkling about the madness that has affected his son( and us).Who knows he might alos get affected by it! Ive seen some of your posts of Audio Circle BTW-(I lurk there-used to post a lot more on the old basslist, not anymore)

Stevie: Welcome to ask whatever you want re the NAS/SB combo, I'll be happy to do a demo of how it's set up and how it's accessed, provided my Windows PC is back and up-it's gone for some minor fixing should be back by tomorrow- I'm now using another system running Linux. I'll also have my Popcorn Hour available, though I havent yet connected it up.

I have been working on getting my act together keeping Sunday's meeting in mind-otherwise all this would probably have taken a month or two more to get done. My basement is still ot be cleaned up, which will be done in the next 2-3 days, and all I need to do is to provide some chairs there on Sunday morning. I'll try to get a second system up and running in the basement on my home network, if possible.

Can I suggest Santhosh or someone post a broad outline of how we would like to have the session structured, so that everyone knows what to expect? We can have 2 auditions going on simultaneously, in the living room and basement and people can move around. The basement is where the CDs need to be played.

Cheers

George

Bengaluru Hfv members, I see that there is gonna be a meet up on the 10th. So does that mean there won't be one on the 17th?

Thanks guys, I have forwarded the information to him..

George he is quite aware of my craziness..he witnessed it first hand when i undertook a DIY 3 way active speaker system, which is what he uses for stereo listening. heck i didn't even get more than a week with those speakers myself after 2 years in planning and building it...Am sure he'll be thrilled to meet you all and expand his own horizon. :)

Guys

Whatever works best for you is fine by me re the eatables.

Cheers

George

George

Let us know if one of us needs to make arrangements about the caterer or If you know a preferred local caterer already.

Now can we decide the menu please? :licklips:

Cheers

Cafe DaCosta is right next door-it's bakery type place which also sells samosas, puffs, pastries and that kind of unheatlhy stuff! I dont know of any place nearby that sells sandwiches-maybe it makes sense to talk of the menu now and firm it up..After all, that's what we are meeting up for, right?

samosas and pups sound perfect george! of course now everyone else has to chime in. if everyone is ok you can pre-order the required number cos on the day they might not have the required numbers. assuming they'll have soft drinks too. also assuming there's a wine shop close by for the beer lovers too?

thanks for all the trouble you're taking! both arranging the food and doing up your place :clapping:

One needs to know which variety-mutton/chicken/veg? No soft drinks there, that will have to be brought by someone, along with the disposable plates and cups, and anything else.

Ok, now that we are all set to paw the ground, look up at the moon and start howling 48 hours from now, can we have an agenda?

Start time around 10.30AM (IST) and close time around 1.30PM (IST), giving us about 3 clear hours( less time, samosas and puffs for the latecomers

Santosh is coming in around 10.15 to set up the projector, and if we have some presentations,discussions and Q & A, after the introductions, we can have a flexible period for auditioning your music. I strongly feel:

1. This being the very first time, it is essential to introduce ourselves and interact to enable people to feel comfortable with each other.

2. There should be enough time( outside of the presentations etc) for people to meet and talk to others who may have experience in their areas of interest.

3. Everyone who brings their reference CDs should be given the opportunity to play at least a track or two and let others listen to them. This can be done only on one of my systems, since the other one is connected to my Squeezebox so we need to ensure that we allocate the time for that.

4. Accordingly, may I ask someone to work out a simple programme schedule for Sunday morning and post it before close of working hours today?

5. I can order the samosas and puffs from the cafe by tomorrow once I know the numbers, we heat them up in the microwave and serve as required.

Thanks

George

Santhosh suggested that I give some landmarks for people to find their way.

From MG Road/Ulsoor Lake

Come to Frazer Town Police Station either via Thoms Cafe, or via Sindhi Colony.

Directly opp Frazer Town PS there is a Railway underbridge( the Bangalore East Rly Station platform is visible from there). Come through it, and take a right onto Pottery Road, come on this road for about 3oo mts and when you see a large flyover under construction(not yet open to traffic) on your right, take a left onto Wheeler Road Extn. Come down Whlr Rd Extn for abt 0.8 km, passing SBM and Canara Bank, both on your right, almost adjacent to each other and then look out for Cafe D'Costa also on your right, after which you take the next right into 3rd Cross(there is a board showing this).

WARNING: There is a lo of drainage repairs going on with precast slabes ling all over the road, so people will need to park wherever they find spots and walk across

Spoke to George, Venkatcr and Suri and was able to come up with a rough plan for our January 10th Meet is as below:

10:30 to 10:45 hrs: Introductions and Settling down
10:45 to 11:30 hrs: Presentation by Venkat. Topic is "Digital Storage & Delivery".
11:30 to 11:45 hrs: Break and move towards George's Squeezebox based setup.
11:45 to 12:00 hrs: George gives us a demo on his Squeezebox setup and also take questions on how he has integrated his Squeezebox wirelessly with his PC and his NAS.
12:00 to 13:30 hrs: George takes us through his DIY and some branded Audio Stuff. We also get to listen to reference CDs that members bring.
13:30 hrs: We thank and say our goodbyes to George for being a fantastic host:).

Wait Guys, it is not over yet. Suri has spoken to Sridhar(Odyssey) of ARN Systems to check if we all could audition some of his Hi-End Hi-fi products. Sreedhar being Sreedhar obliged by making his demo room available for us:yahoo: between 16:00 to 19:00 hrs. It would be good if we can get an idea as to how many will stay back for the audition at ARN as this will help Sridhar plan the auditions. Unfortunately, George will not be able to attend as he has a reception to attend later that evening.

Now, what do we do from 13:30 to 16:00 hours? Would like to know your views about a lunch and beer at a nearby Restaurant?

If anybody needs directions, please PM me for my mobile number.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back