Basic HT setup with Pioneer AJ-5235XT 5.1 and Pioneer VSX-823-K

gvrhyd

Dear Friends,

Hello from Hyderabad. I'm new to this forum and posting a thread for the 1st time. I Bought Pioneer Andrew Jones AJ-5235XT 5.1 from snapdeal and Pioneer VSX-823-K AV receiver from shopclues. 48,500+32,500 - 81,000, Hope it's a decent deal for a good HT audio configuration.

I am not technically aware of how to connect the two and get good sound out put. I'm trying to put together a basic HT setup for my living room.

I have a few basic doubts. If any one of you can clear them it would be of great help for me. Will I need a stabilizer?, will I need a separate amplifier?, Will I need any extra cables to connect my existing Non- 3D FHD t.v, dvd player ( has HDMI slot only no cable )and dish hd STB ( has HDMI slot & have HDMI cable )?, where can I buy wall mountable brackets for Book Shelf speakers SP-BS22? currently there is no place to put them.Any service provider for installation assistance in Hyderabad?

I hope this is the right forum for this type of thread, If not pls direct me to the right one.

Thanking you all in advance,
vamsidhar reddy, hyderabad. :signthankspin:

Will I need a stabilizer?, will I need a separate amplifier?, Will I need any extra cables to connect my existing Non- 3D FHD t.v, dvd player ( has HDMI slot only no cable )and dish hd STB ( has HDMI slot & have HDMI cable )?, where can I buy wall mountable brackets for Book Shelf speakers SP-BS22? currently there is no place to put them.Any service provider for installation assistance in Hyderabad?

Stabilizer is recommended if your place has voltage fluctuation.

You don't need additional amplifier.

Use HDMI cables for connection. STB and DVDP HDMI OUTS > AVR HDMI IN; AVR HDMI OUT > TV HDMI IN

Wall mounts can be purchased from ebay.in

Answered all your questions in the order!
Hope it's a decent deal for a good HT audio configuration.
Its a good decision. Like the combo!

I have a few basic doubts. If any one of you can clear them it would be of great help for me.
Will I need a stabilizer? - Recommended!
Will I need a separate amplifier? - No, your receiver is the amplifier!
Will I need any extra cables to connect my existing Non- 3D FHD t.v, dvd player ( has HDMI slot only no cable )and dish hd STB ( has HDMI slot & have HDMI cable )? - For your tv to the receiver, one HDMI cable labelled as out on the receiver, from the dvd to the receiver another hdmi cable. Connect the HDMI of your STB to the receiver if you want to always use the HT. Otherwise STB to TV, and then another optical cable from the TV to the receiver.
Where can I buy wall mountable brackets for Book Shelf speakers SP-BS22? - Check tono on Technoguru. They are good enough! Using the same.

I hope this is the right forum for this type of thread, If not pls direct me to the right one.
- This is the one!
:signthankspin:

Dear Devilwearsprada,

Thanks a lot for your detailed replies.
looks like i need 2 more hdmi cables.
reg wall mounts saw technoguru for tono, hope they are compatible with pioneer SP-BS22.

regards
vamsi

Dear Jeevanreddy58,

Thanks.
i'm yet to receive my system.
will post again on it's performance in this thread.

regards
Vamsidhar

Dear Devilwearsprada,

Thanks a lot for the detailed replies.
looks like i need 2 more hdmi cables.
reg wall mounts TONO HT-55 can bear max 3.5 kgs, whereas pioneer sp-bs22 are 4.2kgs.
maybe i need to get wooden mounts made.
will post again after i get my system set up.

regards
Vamsidhar

yes,reg wall mounts TONO HT-55 can bear max 3.5 kgs, whereas pioneer sp-bs22 are 4.2kgs.
cLryku

Dear Friends,

Thanks for all your replies.
Got my Pioneer VSX-823-K Receiver and Pioneer AJ-5235XT 5.1 speakers yesterday.:)
They seem fine but a bit bulky. Hope Mr.Andrew Jones designed them that way for a reason.
Sub woofer has a power cord but with flat pins?. no other cable was found in the boxes.

So, did some browsing and I think I need the following, found all in amazon.

1) Mediabridge ULTRA Series HDMI Cable (10 Feet) - High-Speed Supports Ethernet, 3D , 4K and Audio Return [Newest Standard] - $9.99
( for connecting av receiver to t.v )
2) Mediabridge ULTRA Series Subwoofer Cable (15 Feet) - Dual Shielded with Gold Plated RCA to RCA Connectors - Black - $9.99
( for connecting subwoofer to av receiver )
3) Rca AH14100SR 14-Gauge Speaker Wire (100 feet) - $20.20
( for connecting all speakers to av receiver, 14 guage 'coz distance of surround speakers is ~ 25 - 30 feet from av receiver )
4) Deadbolt Banana Plugs, 12-pair, By Sewell Direct - $26.95 ( for better connections between the speakers and wires )
5) VideoSecu One Pair of Side Clamping Speaker Mounting Bracket with Tilt and Swivel for Large Surrounding Sound Speakers MS56B 3LH - $ 35 ( brackets for bookshelf speakers)

total around $ 100. thought it would be less expensive than in India.

not included is price of a stabilizer or ups for receiver. not sure what to buy and in which configuration 500 va or 1 kva?

hope all the above will help me put up my home theater in place.
If there is a better alternative, kindly suggest. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance,
Regards,
Vamsidhar Reddy. Hyderabad.:signthankspin:

You will get all of this in India too. Different brand names but same quality. Read up on the forum please.

Hi Vamsidhar,

I was curious to know how the setup went and your feedback. Please post your experience with the system.

Thanks

Dear Friends,

Got my HT installed by Diwali. Sorry for the delayed post.

I haven't played my collection of movies or songs yet.
I played all the Dolby, DTS and THX trailers downloaded from HD 2D Demo Trailers (M2TS) - Demo World
All the HD channels in Dish STB sound very good.
Center channel is superb for listening to the dialogues in court room dramas and comedy serials even at a low vol in the AV Receiver. Action movies sound fantastic. Music channels are more enjoyable.

This is my first HT. For a budget of 1L. I am very happy with my investment.
To complete the whole setup coming soon 55 in 4K TV, region free 4K 3D Blu-ray player, 4TB hard disk, mini PC with wireless keyboard/mouse. 1 stabilizer.

VideoSecu One Pair Speaker Mounting Bracket MS56B 3LH from Deepak Mane Avenue Sound - 5500

Customized entertainment table 6 feet X 25 in height X 20 in depth Mrinal Jain Induscraft - 19000

Installation 16 gauge wire, 2 hdmi's, no banana dead bolt plugs, plastic channels etc. Mallikarjuna Rao Theasmart - 7000

Pioneer Andrew Jones AJ-5235XT 5.1 and Pioneer VSX-823-K AV receiver 48,500+32,500 - 81,000

Just crossed by budget of 1L by 13000. Will attach photos later.

For a normal open living room my HT is worth every rupee.

Thanks to Mr. Andrew Jones ,this forum and all the guys for helping me.
Life sounds a lot better now. :)

congrats. I have bought the AJ Fronts & Center already. will go for BS later this month and SW in future.

Actually I am pairing it up with Yamaha HTR-3066 AVR (received as part of YHT-299) with these. Will go for AVR in future so that I can use the YHT-299 in another room.

Somehow I am skeptical to go for pioneer AVR's as I am not sure if the sound quality would as good as Denon or Yamaha. But price wise, it's great. I am almost getting same quote for both Denon AVRX1000 & pioneerVSX 823

Dear Mr.Murlidher,

Nice to note you have a similar set up. BS are a bit heavy and would require wall mounts. around 5500. SW if you have a big room try a better config, what i have works for 18 X 12 room. AVR is a decent performer for it's price. All the best.

Hi Friends,
I just bought Pioneer AJ and faced same wall mount issue, however I dont want to use Drill on my BS.

As I am into RC Hobby so I tried to build my OWN

1. Draft speaker on paper
image.jpghttp:

2. Use Laser cut to sheet used for House Number plate and Name Plate small (400Rs including sheet and laser cut)
image.jpg

3. give border with Adhesive
http://s17.postimg.org/42a1w93v3/image.jpg
4. Bought Angel mount (Cost 120Rs for two)
5. Weld two plates on both (Cost 100 Rs)
image.jpg

6. Paint Weld Part
image.jpg

7. Screw Plate and Bracket
image.jpg

8. Used Foam padding
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you like my solution, Plz let me know

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back